don't care
No votes
you're on crack
36%

Total votes: 25

FLAG_MAN

Spawn point setting

Post by FLAG_MAN »

I was playing on budget internet banimod 1, and kept setting spawn points in the hut be the objective room, so all of the axis would spawn there. it was really, really cheap, and the allies didn't even blow the supply room. I think setting spawn points is too cheap, anyone agree?
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

the distance for mp_tram was too small. i now increased it from 1000 to 2500.
FLAG_MAN

Post by FLAG_MAN »

sounds good, also, is there a way players can get points for setting spawn points? because I spent 20 minutse setting spawn points to get a score of 5 :/
The Big Bad Cow

Post by The Big Bad Cow »

so you are saying you want to get points from inputing commands in the console for the entire game? :roll: :D :roll:
Memorable Quotes:
"And i'm off like a prom dress."
"This is more fun than a dozen rubber chickens!"
"Its that time of the week again... Yep. I'm in the shower."
"Froth and awe!!!"
:moo:
FLAG_MAN

Post by FLAG_MAN »

finally, someone who understands :D
PsychoSnowMan

Post by PsychoSnowMan »

i was just on budget internet 2 and ph0g and i were setting spawn points as allies in the basement barracks it was awesome i really like this spawn feature bani and the area limit makes it so it isnt too cheap
FLAG_MAN

Post by FLAG_MAN »

yes, now that you raised the limit on tram, it is alot better!
Imbroglio

Post by Imbroglio »

listen these spawn points are absolutely rediculous, and i'm serious... maybe random spawning you know around you're base, but in the middle of the freakin map, who ever gets there first rules cause spawn protect basically lasts from one spawn to another unless spawn time is set longer, which it isn't, I'm sorry but if you thought of this bani, that is extremely dissappointing, i thought you'd come up with better shit than gay run there first and spawn and kill them with our spawn protect on, this is prolly the only bad thing to come out of you yet, and its really really dissappointing :tut:
Till DEATH do us Part
FLAG_MAN

Post by FLAG_MAN »

Imbroglio wrote:listen these spawn points are absolutely rediculous, and i'm serious... maybe random spawning you know around you're base, but in the middle of the freakin map, who ever gets there first rules cause spawn protect basically lasts from one spawn to another unless spawn time is set longer, which it isn't, I'm sorry but if you thought of this bani, that is extremely dissappointing, i thought you'd come up with better shit than gay run there first and spawn and kill them with our spawn protect on, this is prolly the only bad thing to come out of you yet, and its really really dissappointing :tut:
you can destroy the spawn points, you know
duke'ku

Post by duke'ku »

I played on Oldcrows instagib goldrush with it. All of the axis was setting spawn points all over the allied side, and it was packed with action. Great fun. Both teams actually came out pretty equal, too. I think it's great.
=SWAT=Kenny

Post by =SWAT=Kenny »

finally bani's dream of a co being useful has happened. i am glad to see his co finally become something that is useful. albeit different however it is useful. we run it on both the big server and goldrush. i was a co and was influenced by a co's spawn points.

it was fun being a co but it kinda blew when i spawned where newbie cos thought i should spawn. beach was super annoying cause i always spawned near the doc room. i love to keep the flag so it made it difficult to go to the flag from the doc room. bani is working on a more logical way to deploy people to the spawn points.

so just chill out take deep breaths for those that dont like it and be patient. he just came out with it and u have to give it time to get balanced out. i think u wil be happy with it in the end. i was doing somersaults when the shotgun was over powered and we found the error. so give this new toy a few revisions to get it working smoothly.

btw great job bani! i see good ways to use this as peeps learn and understand how important it is to work as a team. now the co is a team character.
tihs hsidlihc fo eceip a is yefink

If alexjones8194 had a penis it would be called "useless." Reason being is all it would be good for is him stepping on it.
Der Kammisar

Post by Der Kammisar »

I was testing the CO's new ability over on the =SWAT= server last night and apart from miffing Kenney off a bit I've learned a couple of things.

Depending on the ranges set by the admin and the maps themselves, there are few "sweet spots" to set the spawn to. This ability could be a powerful boost to some otherwise "bogged-down" maps, like Beach. You've gotta trust your Commanding Officers tho. If not, you could wind up spawning in a bad spot and blow your chances of winning for the team.

A possible solution to counter-act dumb CO's like me would be to have a / command that players could enter. By default all players can be "spawnable" , only by using the / command would they be removed from the list of "spawnable" players. That way Kenney could always spawn back at the bunker if he wants to, or enter the / command again and choose to spawn where the CO set the point.
=SWAT=Kenny

Post by =SWAT=Kenny »

bani has it worked it out already. and yes u miffed me off. however it is for the best because his new solution is better.
tihs hsidlihc fo eceip a is yefink

If alexjones8194 had a penis it would be called "useless." Reason being is all it would be good for is him stepping on it.
Ph0g

Post by Ph0g »

I agree with kenny, spawn points own. I now usualy play 50% of the game as scout/lieutenant and 50% of the game as CO, something I never thought I would do.

For everyone that things they are un-fair, lets go over some things.

1. Spawn points are destroyable.....very destroyable (they go down easy)

2. They only last for 1 spawn cycle

3. If you need to re-capture a spawn point area, toss a nade, throw some dyno, panzer them, any of the above will total the spawn points, then all you gotta worry about is killing the CO...if the exlposives didn't get him.

4. This is the most important thing for you to remember, anywhere your enemy can set a spawn point...you can set a spawn point!

So honestly, they are perfectly fair.

However I have found a very malicious use for them......bani thought of setting a minimum range for the spawn points...but did he ever think of a maximum? :twisted:
I am Ph0g, you are not.
PsychoSnowMan

Post by PsychoSnowMan »

2000 miles ph0g *wink* *wink* ;)