ET 2.60 Patch with etpro status

Official ET Pro announcements here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

gotenks

Post by gotenks »

what if they make an estimate and don't have a mac to work on in the time they figured? do they release their mod unmac compatible or piss everyone they give their time to off because "it's official"?
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
booger

Post by booger »

A preist and a rabbi go into a bar...
maarten144

Post by maarten144 »

and together they give bani the strength to finish his work :)
ouroboro

Post by ouroboro »

although i happen to be heterosexual, i'd be willing to consider offering to discuss the remote possibility of providing sexual favors if bani happens to lean that way and if it might hasten the release...
Nail

Post by Nail »

that's bound to put them off for a week or two
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome
sneaky1

Post by sneaky1 »

Can you give a status report?
Success is only gained through failure.
Come check out the new bani league at:
http://www.bani-league.com
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

sneaky1 wrote:Can you give a status report?
Of course. I'd be happy to help out!

Code: Select all

[SOMETIME IN THE PAST]---------------->[NOW].............>[RELEASE DAY (Whenth of Doneuary)]
Hope clears things up! :D
send lawyers, guns and money
Etnies`

Post by Etnies` »

deej wrote:
[AE]Etnies wrote:nah but seriously aminal glue is bad.
I think you meant anal glue ;)
no, no i didnt.. and kinda scares that there is sucha thing..
Fenris

Post by Fenris »

gotenks wrote:what if they make an estimate and don't have a mac to work on in the time they figured? do they release their mod unmac compatible or piss everyone they give their time to off because "it's official"?
On the other hand, and just on the guessing side, from what I remember there was no Mac client prior to 2.6, so there's no historical users to care for, and imo the vast majority of Internet users today are still Linux and Windows based, so would it really offend anyone if there was a released Linux/Windows patch with a "sorry but Mac version not done yet" note ?

:prof: I mean the Mac users can hardly have gotten time to play in any leagues since there was no Mac client, and so they play pub, pub works fine, and the leagues get happy because they can upgrade (or try out upgrading), and in general players get happy because it will rather be a question of whether you can play on etpro or not, instead of as now, if you can join a server or not... (not like the first time I try to join a server via ASE and find out I'm currently at wrong patch version, and while I run the patch selector the last slot gets filled up... :curse:
DG

Post by DG »

the vast majority of users are windows users. But I dont think user's OS ratios are really primary consideration.
booger

Post by booger »

Vast majority of players are windows users,vast majority of servers are linux.
vast majority of macs are overpriced paperweights.
Spoofeh

Post by Spoofeh »

Fenris wrote:(not like the first time I try to join a server via ASE and find out I'm currently at wrong patch version, and while I run the patch selector the last slot gets filled up... :curse:
You could either filter out the version you don't have atm, or enter a custom command line for each version (just right click the version and select Custom config) to run the patch selector automatically before joining a server.
Fenris

Post by Fenris »

Sauron, yes I probly could, but I thought this was a temporary situation and lazy me did not wish to take the time finding out how as the only reason I'm still using the old versions is that I need to keep my server on that level for leagueplay, but I'm considering upgrading it and leave etpro out of it until the next version comes out, as usually the opposing team will have a server to play on anyway, and then I'd just have to use the selector a few times per week compared to my majority of public playing.
(Hmm, hope my point is understood even though the arguments may seem somewhat incoherent or unrelated, to me they aren't :) )

PS: Love boogers comment on mac... :D
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

here is a litle dispaly on the status of etpro

ETpro Status Meter
Fenris

Post by Fenris »

Hehe, could have fooled me, unless the meter had started on 90% and at a refresh gone down to 80, 72 and 70... :wink: