Prayer Time.

Any discussions that are non-rtcw/et related go here.

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

gotenks

Post by gotenks »

ok, so how rich is the pope since you know? you "seem" to know an awfull lot, but keep getting information confused with speculation...

the rhythem method is the type of birth control that the catholic church recognises as valid
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
maarten144

Post by maarten144 »

It may not be rich persé. Fact is the vatican has been losing money over the past couple of years. Bút that does not mean that they dont gét a lot of money. In 2004 it got more than 100 million dollars of donations and appartment rentings. That they manage to spend more, only shows that they are not contributing to the problems in Africa. Perhaps they could stop buying art, making churches like gold (thank god for the protestants :)) and do something with the money. The artical (in dutch, so sorry gotenks, i dont know how much of help it can be http://www.planet.nl/planet/show/id=510 ... /sc=672aed) also states that the employees of the Vatican dont need to worry about their salaries, that is being controlled by the Bank of the Vatican, wich bursts with money. Im sorry gotenks, but wouldnt it be wiser to decrease their salaries, and stop letting them shout denigrating stuff about homosexuals and let those people be? Or is that too much too ask for our so beloved pope?

edit
i can give you some more dutch links íf you really want:S
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

1. just to note, i'm about as liberal as they come...
2. i'm basically methodist... my wife was raised catholic but doesn't really consider that any more

that was just for refrence
... the catholic religion has the right to deem anything they wish unapropriate, they can also excomunicate you if you choose to break their rules... Their people should get paid... they run primarily on donations and income from their museums... and run a church of more then 1 billion people.
their total revenues in 2001 was 173.5 million, their expenditures were 176 million (which inclues EVERY sallary of every minister, and all property rentals etc in the world), just for refrence, the GDP of the Netherlands is $461.4 billion
My Website
maarten144

Post by maarten144 »

1,2 i kinda figured that
@the rest, well i dó have economics in school but we all use dutch words like BBP and BNP. So let me just translate GDP a little bit and then ill get back to it. But dont you think its kinda odd for a church to have expenditures of 176 million dollars? I mean, w0t do they spend it on? The maintenance costs of a lot of churches are being covered by the local councils. If they'd simply decrease the income of the top cardinals and stop spending some much money on buying jewlery etc that they would have perhaps got expenditures of about 100 million dollar.
Nail

Post by Nail »

what's it cost to maintain these ,
and wouldn't that be better off spent on world health?
or this
What does the Queen earn?
The Queen receives an annual net income of €746,000 from the State. She also receives an allowance to cover the costs of royal household and domestic staff and other official expenses, which include expenditure on the Royal Archives, office running costs and overheads.
The allocations for 2003 are:
Staff costs: €1,446,000
Other expenses: €1,774,000
total = 3,966,000 euro/year

[edit...this is the Dutch Queen ]
Last edited by Nail on Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome
mazza111

Post by mazza111 »

damn this started as a funneh post, u guys are toooooooooooooooo serious :lol:
maarten144

Post by maarten144 »

Nail wrote:what's it cost to maintain these ,
and wouldn't that be better off spent on world health?
or this
What does the Queen earn?
The Queen receives an annual net income of €746,000 from the State. She also receives an allowance to cover the costs of royal household and domestic staff and other official expenses, which include expenditure on the Royal Archives, office running costs and overheads.
The allocations for 2003 are:
Staff costs: €1,446,000
Other expenses: €1,774,000
total = 3,966,000 euro/year

[edit...this is the Dutch Queen ]
You are absolutely right, but to be honest this has nothing to do with the topic. Yes our queen is one of the richiest woman in the world and yes that money could be better of being spent in Africa (wisely, that is). But we are talking about the cons of the church and then the pope in general. W0tyou are doing now is, 'o others are doing it so i/they can do it to'. Thats not the right why to substaniate.
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

actually it is fair, your comparing the expendatures of the catholic church saying that they didn't donate enough (because they did spend on africa) i will find that info when i can... but remember because their income is 1/3000'th of even a small country like the Netherlands, their expendatures should be reflected similiarly
My Website
maarten144

Post by maarten144 »

you cannot compare the vatican to a country nor a kingdom.
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

but it is a country... it is it's own indipendantly ran monarchy(ish)... the pope is a the king of vatican city, the ceo(ish) of the catholic church AND the head of a religion

they make their own laws
they have their own currency
etc
My Website
maarten144

Post by maarten144 »

They dont have to work with infrastructure, they dont have to do import/export/trading. All the do is pay, they dont have minum wages, etc, etc, etc.
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

the "minimum" wage idea is "fairly" new... in the smallest country in the world, how much is a minimum wage needed?
they work within theinfrastructure they have...
they export religion :lol:, they have to import energy from Italy, it's been a soverign nation for centuries
what you have said does not make a nation, just an exporting and importing nation
My Website
maarten144

Post by maarten144 »

Im mearly saying a nation has got so much more tasks then the Vatican. I find the Vatican rather hypocryt (or how do you spell it 8) )
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

please elaborate, i don't understand how they're hypocritical... the fact that they run an entire religion, host heads of states and religious leaders, visit the far ends of the earth, and much more, i don't see how they're hypocritical
My Website
bacon

Post by bacon »

maarten144 wrote:Im mearly saying a nation has got so much more tasks then the Vatican. I find the Vatican rather hypocryt (or how do you spell it 8) )
A nation has no tasks, these "tasks" you are referring to are imposed by the Government.
Before you make irrational arguments maybe you should do a little research..."a community of people composed of one or more nationalities and possessing a more or less defined territory and government" (from Websters).
Do you notice how there's no mention of tasks? Hmmmmmmm...