ET Pro 3.1.13 Public Beta Release

Official ET Pro announcements here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

SickBoy

Post by SickBoy »

wipeout wrote: I tried setting up a dedicated server, then starting et and /connect 127.0.0.1 -> et crashed
Then I deleted all .pk3's of previous etpros (my 2nd et install was just a copy of my first + patch 2.6) and it worked.
Thanks that indeed helps.

I now also get the error message with /map instead of a crash.
Neith

Post by Neith »

bani wrote:
Neith wrote:new etpro beta keeps crashing on my computer... i think it's due to some video settings... (strange btw... it never crashed before with any version)
etpro doesnt work correctly as a listenserver. you need to use etded.exe to run a server instead.
'old etpro' would let you get away with this, the new one won't (though the error message needs work).
ooops... thanks, now it works almost fine. just one issue... b_wolfrof... when i tried to set it to 1 it didn't have any effect, instead when i reverted it to 0 it switched to wolf rof... it should be inverted, shouldn't it?
mortis

Post by mortis »

deej wrote:When I load map battery, the server shuts itself down... Other maps don't cause that. What could be the problem?

EDIT: it doesn't crash the binary, it just does a shutdown_game with error: enable spawning, no spawn entities found...

EDIT2: lol it only happens on battery here. Other maps are fine and server works properly :?

Code: Select all

Gametype changed, clearing session data.
Enable spawning!
ERROR: SpawnEntities: no entities
----- Server Shutdown -----
Sending heartbeat to master3.idsoftware.com
Sending heartbeat to master0.gamespy.com
Sending heartbeat to wolfmaster.idsoftware.com
Sending heartbeat to clanservers.net
Sending heartbeat to etmaster.idsoftware.com
==== ShutdownGame ====
ShutdownGame:
------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------
Check your etpromapscript for battery. If you open it up and it's empty that is the issue. I notice that some unzipping tools have trouble unzipping the battery script file (namely "ExtractNow"). If that is the case, try a different unzipping zool and install the battery script manually.

Oh, and install my scripts for supplydepot and supplydepot2 to correct the spawn bugs and the hovering gold bug.

SupplyDepot http://www.bsdterritory.com/img/Mortis/ ... pot.script

SupplyDepot2 http://www.bsdterritory.com/img/Mortis/ ... ot2.script

--Mortis
ouroboro

Post by ouroboro »

i'm leery of b_wolfrof and b_distancefalloff too, because implementing either means a completely different game. anyone who doesn't understand this doesn't play the game too seriously.

that said, the word from a TWL admin is that its "highly unlikely" they will introduce b_wolfrof. so there's one admin from one league's stance on one of those new cvars, fwiw.

anyway great job etpro team. it was like waiting for D3 and HL2, but the next official etpro is finally almost here! :)
Fenris

Post by Fenris »

bani wrote:etpro doesnt work correctly as a listenserver. you need to use etded.exe to run a server instead.
'old etpro' would let you get away with this, the new one won't (though the error message needs work).
Umm, maybe I am not reading this right or it's some other situation, but I have not seen any problem running the server using ET.EXE with the 3.1.13 version ?

On another topic, starting with 2.60 or 3.1.12 (not sure which) some maps give dual messages when taking obj's, like for example the old RtCW Beach conversion ET_Beach will tell you twice for everything that happens, like "Allied team captures flag" or "Objective captured" and that stuff. Could of course be the map but I haven't noticed it before (except on the Braundorf map which always prompts 5 times when game is complete :), but that's regardless of version). Not really anything important though.
deej

Post by deej »

Yeah re-unzipping the etpro zip did the trick.
Our servers now run on 64 bit steroids. Point your ET to:
- Forgotten Ground StopWatch Server with occasional wolfrof 1
- Fraggle Rock ETPub Server - Mix up ET/UT & Duke Nukem
DG

Post by DG »

maybe an idea to have some bitflag serverinfo var to contain some of the options people are liable to want to filter out (or in) without eating too much of the serverinfo limit?

Unfortunately new and casual players arent liable to know about it and still wonder what the hell is going on, but at least the ability would be there for anyone looking.
mike

Post by mike »

i just updated to latest to 2.60 & 3.1.12 but the server crashes after a while.
dont know when, cause i dont play actually.

i use the same config as before with 2.56 & 3.1.9

some suggestions?
i use etded + linux + unzip commandline tool

greetz mike
SickBoy

Post by SickBoy »

mike wrote:some suggestions?
yeah use 3.1.13
mortis

Post by mortis »

mike wrote:i just updated to latest to 2.60 & 3.1.12 but the server crashes after a while.
dont know when, cause i dont play actually.

i use the same config as before with 2.56 & 3.1.9

some suggestions?
i use etded + linux + unzip commandline tool

greetz mike
You need to get the the newer version etpro 3.1.13....
craven

Post by craven »

[quote="SickBoy"][quote="mike"]some suggestions?[/quote]

yeah use 3.1.[b]13[/b][/quote] :P
wipeout

Post by wipeout »

On another topic, starting with 2.60 or 3.1.12 (not sure which) some maps give dual messages when taking obj's, like for example the old RtCW Beach conversion ET_Beach will tell you twice for everything that happens, like "Allied team captures flag" or "Objective captured" and that stuff. Could of course be the map but I haven't noticed it before (except on the Braundorf map which always prompts 5 times when game is complete Smile, but that's regardless of version). Not really anything important though.
Just happens on the beach conversion. Seems like a script bug or smth like that.
mike

Post by mike »

many thanks :-)
greetz mike
Blackout

Post by Blackout »

wolfrof & smg damage/hit:

I played around on a 3.1.13 server today, and my testing showed that the SMGs do still do ET's 18 damage/hit when in wolfrof mode. The result is even more lethal than RTCW. The speed of the MP40, the high damage of the Thompson, and far superior antilag could be a bit much.

thoughts?
techno00meister

Re: ET Pro 3.1.13 Public Beta Release

Post by techno00meister »

bani wrote:ref menu 'XP SHUFFLE NO RESTART' callvoted by mistake
this was a mistake?! the only mistake i could see was that you weren't able to
turn each on and off invdividually like :

set vote_allow_shuffleteamsxp_norestart 1
set vote_allow_shuffleteamsxp 0

something that pisses a lot of people off is a shuffle being voted and passed in the last 10-5 minutes of a game and the map restarting, so being able to have it votable to do WITHOUT a restart would be highly preffered.

also, on the subject of map restart :

set vote_allow_maprestart 0

still doesn't work
b_wolfrof corrected to match rtcw's mp40 rof
hehe - i haven't played rtcw for a little while but i knew that it wasn't *that* fast :o - i wouldn't have complained mind you - i really like this option, and i would have been quite happy keeping it at that speed.

the reasons being many, but one which stands out for me is that it brings the medic class back down to ground. a medic, if not careful with his shots, could get through a clip in seconds... also, it makes the fact that they can self-heal less of a "cushion" for them to play on, as they have less time to do so.