ET Pro 3.1.13 Public Beta Release

Official ET Pro announcements here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Neith

Post by Neith »

Blackout wrote:wolfrof & smg damage/hit:

I played around on a 3.1.13 server today, and my testing showed that the SMGs do still do ET's 18 damage/hit when in wolfrof mode. The result is even more lethal than RTCW. The speed of the MP40, the high damage of the Thompson, and far superior antilag could be a bit much.

thoughts?
Besides as far as my hard working brain recalls... there should be a nice cvar to switch to new hitbox model (HL or D3 like) introduced by zinx... maybe it's time to use it with b_wolfrof 1 :wink:
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

u mean b_realhead ?
Neith

Post by Neith »

=FF=im2weak4u wrote:u mean b_realhead ?
no... it's some sort of cvar zinx spoke about in some thread but i really can't recall it's name... :?

[edit]
oops, i searched the forum... didn't remember b_realhead had several options :?
http://bani.anime.net/banimod/forums/vi ... 6832#46832
BOOTSAUCE

Mouse sensitivity

Post by BOOTSAUCE »

Any reason why my mouse sensitivity would drop in ET 2.6? I had to raise my sense to 7 from my usual 4.

This is the case whether in etpro 3.1.13 or etmain. So, it appears not to be caused by etpro.

I'm using the mx510 with the mouseware drivers.

Thanks.

P.S. Is there a new command for listing all etpro cvars in the console? /b_cvarlist no longer seems to work.
Last edited by BOOTSAUCE on Sat Apr 30, 2005 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
-BooTSauCe
EagleReloaded

Post by EagleReloaded »

I use that same combo with an in game sense of 3 and I didn't notice any difference with ET 2.6. You sure you didn't have say, cl_mouseAccel turned on before and now it's off or something like that?
Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul.
Billabong-

Post by Billabong- »

2.60 with etpro 3.1.13 fucking owns....i was getting so many headshots with these nice hit boxes, damn...
BOOTSAUCE

Post by BOOTSAUCE »

EagleReloaded wrote:I use that same combo with an in game sense of 3 and I didn't notice any difference with ET 2.6. You sure you didn't have say, cl_mouseAccel turned on before and now it's off or something like that?
I have cl_mouseAccel set to 0 always (as well as acceleration turned off in windows) so it's definitely not that.

The mouse related cvars in my autoexec are as follows:

seta in_mouse "1"
seta sensitivity "4.0"
seta cl_mouseAccel "0"
seta m_filter "0"

Running patch 1.02 all is fine. Running patch 2.6 it's as if the sense has been lowered to 1.

Sure, I can just re-adjust my sense. But, it's obvious that there's something fishy with my setup, since I can't seem to find a single other person having this problem.
-BooTSauCe
uber-noob

Post by uber-noob »

Did you change the m_pitch and/or m_yaw settings, are those equal on both versions?
xGrunt

Post by xGrunt »

BOOTSAUCE wrote:
EagleReloaded wrote:I use that same combo with an in game sense of 3 and I didn't notice any difference with ET 2.6. You sure you didn't have say, cl_mouseAccel turned on before and now it's off or something like that?
I have cl_mouseAccel set to 0 always (as well as acceleration turned off in windows) so it's definitely not that.

The mouse related cvars in my autoexec are as follows:

seta in_mouse "1"
seta sensitivity "4.0"
seta cl_mouseAccel "0"
seta m_filter "0"

Running patch 1.02 all is fine. Running patch 2.6 it's as if the sense has been lowered to 1.

Sure, I can just re-adjust my sense. But, it's obvious that there's something fishy with my setup, since I can't seem to find a single other person having this problem.
I'm having the same problem. Had to go from a sensitivity of 3 with 1.02 to about 8 with 2.60.
xGrunt

Post by xGrunt »

I have also noticed that having the cvar

Code: Select all

seta b_mapscriptdirectory "etpromapscripts"
in my server config crashes the server. This is linux box running v2.60 and 3.1.13. I have this in my server config for v2.56 and 3.1.9 without problems. Anyone else experience this?
BOOTSAUCE

Post by BOOTSAUCE »

uber_noob wrote:Did you change the m_pitch and/or m_yaw settings, are those equal on both versions?
I have never altered those 4 cvars from the defaults, and I just confirmed that all the values are the same in both versions:

seta m_pitch "0.022"
seta m_yaw "0.022"
seta m_forward "0.25"
seta m_side "0.25"

Thanks for the tip, though.
-BooTSauCe
Deus

Post by Deus »

xGrunt wrote:I have also noticed that having the cvar

Code: Select all

seta b_mapscriptdirectory "etpromapscripts"
in my server config crashes the server. This is linux box running v2.60 and 3.1.13. I have this in my server config for v2.56 and 3.1.9 without problems. Anyone else experience this?
check the files inside the directory. maybe there is something wrong with
xGrunt

Post by xGrunt »

I finally just did a complete install of 2.60 and now all is working well. I had tried to update a 2.56 server but something must have gotten corrupted.

I still have the same mouse sensitivity problems that Bootsauce mentioned. Very strange. :?:
Spoofeh

Re: Mouse sensitivity

Post by Spoofeh »

BOOTSAUCE wrote:Any reason why my mouse sensitivity would drop in ET 2.6? I had to raise my sense to 7 from my usual 4.
I think 2.60 uses DirectInput for keyboard/mouse input (2.56 didn't), so maybe it's related to DirectX version and mouse drivers.
BOOTSAUCE

Re: Mouse sensitivity

Post by BOOTSAUCE »

Sauron|EFG wrote:
BOOTSAUCE wrote:Any reason why my mouse sensitivity would drop in ET 2.6? I had to raise my sense to 7 from my usual 4.
I think 2.60 uses DirectInput for keyboard/mouse input (2.56 didn't), so maybe it's related to DirectX version and mouse drivers.
I'm running direct X 9.0c with mouseware 9.8. Incidentally, a reinstallation of the mouseware drivers did nothing to solve the problem.

I would think that if this were a DX or driver issue we'd being seeing more peeps with this prob. So far, only grunt and myself seem to be having this prob. At least, among those who are following this thread.
-BooTSauCe