ET Pro 3.1.15 Public Beta Release

Official ET Pro announcements here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

booger

Post by booger »

Mark wrote:
bacon wrote:
Mark wrote: Yes, i don't say, he should remove the "old" feature. Maybe make it a option or something like this:

a) try exact match
b) if number, then look at slot number
c) try partiell match

Greets
Mark
What about when you want to send a message to players with numbers in their names? EG. Say a clan uses 11 as their tag, your solution would send a message to the player in slot 11 and not that clan...

IMO /m should be a name match and /priv should be a slot match...
I don't care, if there was a nother command for that. This was only a fast shot from me. But a PRIVATE message, which should be private to one player, should be possible somehow.

Greets
Mark
I like that idea.Often times /m gets you a slew of clan members,not a bad thing,but you do have to be careful if your a gossip spreader.
gjrc

Post by gjrc »

why do you need to punish people for going prone in a fire fight? what is wrong with it? if you cant deal with a guy going prone then thats your problem.

i dont get why everyone says its lame?

its just another tactic. if you dont like it then dont use it. some people like to use it. big deal.
Deus

Post by Deus »

its not the prone itself
it is more the:
prone/up/prone/up/prone/up where it is even harder to get hit.

and when someone goes prone in RealLife™ he wont fall himself to the ground cause it hurts bad, he goes down slow, and it takes some time to go prone, same for getting up.
Getting up from prone tales some time, therefor the delay and i like it!

it would be better to have the animation throttled (including the inability to perform some shooting action) instead of being unable to move at all.
PapaWailer

Post by PapaWailer »

The benefit of misplaced hitboxes was more like the reason to lag proning.
Realism isn't valid point here at all. Or it can't be since most of the features
in game aren't realistic (reviving, jumping, messages etc...). How about
considering this again with b_realhead. 8)
ouroboro

Post by ouroboro »

the hatred of prone has NOTHING to do with whether it's realistic or not. the entire wolfenstein franchise is a fucking cartoon. nobody wants it to be realistic (nobody with brains anyway).

the problem is due to FLAWS in prone which cause shots which would have otherwise registered, to NOT register. THAT is the crux of the issue. i don't care if you twirl around like a ballerina during a duel, just as long as my shots register properly.

not sure if the issue has been fixed, but until it has been, proning in a duel should be viewed for precisely what it is: an exploit.
sgone:red.

Post by sgone:red. »

90% of people who prone when in a firefight with myself, or the people I know, end up dead anyway, so I can't see it as an "exploit". Make's life easier.

Keep proning is what i say. 8)
www.smokeysgrotto.com -- #smokeys-grotto -- www.et1337.net

PincheGab

Post by PincheGab »

[pH*Deus] wrote:when someone goes prone in RealLife™ he wont fall himself to the ground cause it hurts bad, he goes down slow
Aye, if you're fixin yer moter vehicle... But if they be shootin' at ye, I reckon one'd go down mighty fast and not mind the fact that your left tit landed on a 2 inch rock! :)

Dang, when was talk like a pirate day? Sorry about that guys!
Etnies`

Post by Etnies` »

i get unkown command line when i try b_fireteamLatchedClass 1.. any reason whys?
Etnies`

Post by Etnies` »

ouroboro wrote:the hatred of prone has NOTHING to do with whether it's realistic or not. the entire wolfenstein franchise is a fucking cartoon. nobody wants it to be realistic (nobody with brains anyway).

the problem is due to FLAWS in prone which cause shots which would have otherwise registered, to NOT register. THAT is the crux of the issue. i don't care if you twirl around like a ballerina during a duel, just as long as my shots register properly.

not sure if the issue has been fixed, but until it has been, proning in a duel should be viewed for precisely what it is: an exploit.

I think its time you build a bridge and get over it.. part of the game, there is no hatred for it, IF your good enough, you will kill the proner anyway.
Ragnar_40k

Post by Ragnar_40k »

[AE]Etnies wrote:IF your good enough, you will kill the proner anyway.
IF your good enough you can play with one hand and blindfolded and kill all enemies anyway.
The Emperor watch over you.
uber-noob

Post by uber-noob »

Ragnar_40k wrote:
IF your good enough you can play with one hand and blindfolded and kill all enemies anyway.
And if you are really good you can play the game with your feet and still kill all enemies :P.
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

[AE]Etnies wrote:i get unkown command line when i try b_fireteamLatchedClass 1.. any reason whys?
Are you using it on a 3.1.15 server ? If you connect to an old server, you will not be able to use it.

If you are trying to use it in a local game, you most likely have loaded the wrong etpro version.

Also, if it is in a config, you have to use set, since it is a cvar, not a command.
send lawyers, guns and money
booger

Post by booger »

Iget the same thing with b_fireteamLatchedClass, unkown cmd in line.
Before you ask,it is the latest etpro,and it isnt a local game.
No mention at all of it in the cvarlist b_* either.
Etnies`

Post by Etnies` »

yea they always have to ask the normal stupid questions.. maybe you can presume that everyone has basic no how. i also pass the noob question check list.
Etnies`

Post by Etnies` »

uber_noob wrote:
Ragnar_40k wrote:
And if you are really good you can play the game with your feet and still kill all enemies :P.
Please tell me the point to your post.. cause i seemed to have missed it.. all i see is someone trying to come off funny but sounding like a muppet. (probally kermit or ms.piggy)