ET Pro 3.1.15 Public Beta Release

Official ET Pro announcements here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

ouroboro

Post by ouroboro »

sgone:red. wrote:...but I personally think you might need to adapt...... like I did.
whoops, and another one misses the point.

it's not about needing to adapt to anything. as i said, go ahead and do ANYTHING YOU WANT when you face me - just as long as hit detection isn't negatively effected by your doing so. i CAN hit you while prone. the point is, according to some people, when a player is in the act of transitioning from standing to prone and vice-versa, a flaw causes a shot which DID LAND to NOT REGISTER.

are we clear yet?

anyway according to reyalP it's a myth. i guess it requires further investigation. however i am sure that as a sane individual you will agree that if the above claims are indeed true, they should be addressed. if/when the issue is resolved, i for one will be more than happy to have you pop up and down like a jack-in-the-box in front of me - it'll save me having to track your strafe.
Etnies`

Post by Etnies` »

omg your so ignornant.. all you can see is your point of view and no one elses.. whatever dude, your right the rest of the world is wrong.
Etnies`

Post by Etnies` »

ouroboro wrote:
SCDS_reyalP wrote:just like using +left or +movedown to KNOWINGLY deny you a hit :lol:
lol, nah, that doesn't work on me - i can track :P this flaw is different, in that being able to aim is not rewarded, but rather LANDED shots are denied.

anyway i'm just mouthing what i've heard and seen, like i said i have no way to tell if it's ever happened to me. i'm just taking the word of people who sound like they know what they're talking about.

you know, kinda like we all do regarding you, reyalP :lol: (teasing)
If you have no idea about proning, have never seen the bug in play, why mouth off about it? why not just shut up and wait for something you actually no about?

Anyway, People are forgettin the other reasons for proning, to avoid the shots as your falling to the ground when the player is aiming for your head you hit prone and miss the bullets.. before they shoot you when your on the ground, and so what if the top euro clans do it.. alot more people have said they can kill proner than anything else.. it easy! really is.
sgone:red.

Post by sgone:red. »

Don't throw yer teddies out yer pram ouroboro :shock:

The point i'm trying to illustrate to you is that there may be a glitch in proning but I, like many other people havn't noticed noticed it to the extent you're raging on about. Yeah, I'm all for you proving there's a glitch and fixing it, I've got no problem with it whatsoever. I'm sure you'll agree with me there are tons of FPS games out there that have much worse damage detection than ET though.
www.smokeysgrotto.com -- #smokeys-grotto -- www.et1337.net

bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

all known prone bbox bugs have been fixed between 3.1.9 and 3.1.15.

and with b_realhead the headbox is always correct regardless of animation. do your mid air pirouettes all you like, your headbox will always be correct thanks to b_realhead.
ouroboro

Post by ouroboro »

sgone:red. wrote:The point i'm trying to illustrate to you is that there may be a glitch in proning but I, like many other people havn't noticed noticed it to the extent you're raging on about.
neither have i. read pls.

anyway bani just settled it. case closed.
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

Tron wrote: Are you trying to take me for a fool? The point of the demos was always to show that you don't score a hit when you aim at a player who is still going prone.
Point taken.
If you contest that that should be possible (despite the very quick movement when going prone which in fact would bring up a whole other issue - just compare the speed at which you go prone with the speed at which you crouch),
Erm, unless eptro has changed it, crouch is instant, so I'm not sure what you are trying to say. (Presumably with b_realhead, the headbox still follows the anim, and so isn't instant.)

So, the anim doesn't exactly match what the body box does. That isn't news. From what I understand in etpro, it does go from standing -> crouch -> prone. It isn't surprising that this doesn't exactly match the anim. To claim that this a 'bug' or 'exploit' seems to be streching the point to me.

A bunch of people pointed at these demos as 'proof' that prone is an 'exploit' or 'bugged', when in fact they show ET working pretty much as it is meant to. If you think it should work differently that's certainly a valid opinion, but the demos don't show any exploit or bug as such (except for the thing zinx mentioned, where you got hits when you shouldn't.)
send lawyers, guns and money
Nail

Post by Nail »

I always thought it went "ting" when you hit and registered, when it didn't, you missed.

I guess half a dozen like minded individuals could go on a server (theirs or empty) with record on and setup like:
Player 1 - nasty axis proner, Max von Haxx
Player 2 - allies fair play advocate, Leet D. Shrub
Player 3 - Camera stage right
Player 4 - Camera stage left
Player 5 - Camera behind proner
Player 6 - Camera overhead (don't know if it would show anything, but might look cool)

have allied hero try shoot proner and show hitboxes on all cameras, should be that anything that isn't a tracer is a hit, everthing that is, missed
or at least that was my understanding of the tracer part

:?:
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome
PapaWailer

Post by PapaWailer »

bani wrote:all known prone bbox bugs have been fixed between 3.1.9 and 3.1.15.

and with b_realhead the headbox is always correct regardless of animation. do your mid air pirouettes all you like, your headbox will always be correct thanks to b_realhead.
This is fantastic! I wish league plp think again prone restrictions now.
Theres really big difference between original and improved boxes. Thanks guys.
Noobie

Post by Noobie »

PapaWailer wrote:
bani wrote:all known prone bbox bugs have been fixed between 3.1.9 and 3.1.15.

This is fantastic! I wish league plp think again prone restrictions now.
Theres really big difference between original and improved boxes. Thanks guys.
Yes this fantastic, but unfortunatelly we are awaiting ETpro 3.2.0 before clanbase starts using this (darn clanbase).

Please note that b_realhead needs to be on (set to 1) for the new headboxes to be used! For more information see the comments on the publicbeta page (http://etpro.anime.net/publicbeta/)
<Nooobie> ETpro 3.1.15 sux :(
<[NW]reyalP> \o/
<[av]bani> etpro sux \o/