ET Pro 3.2.0 Released!

Official ET Pro announcements here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Yeltzyn

Post by Yeltzyn »

Since 2.60 & etpro i've noticed some bug. When you constantly shuffle beatween weaponbanks (e.g. med or fops) sometimes, when you switch to weaponbank 2 (smg) it will re-switch to weaponbank 6 (ammo/health) some second later.

I don't know if it realy is a bug, but i thought mentioning it here.

Another tnihg I found very inapropriate, the acting of very popular bino-script for fops. Now when you'r missing enemy "Aborting......." and you push-leave the key-binding very wuickly, it is often to still show bino-look when you stoped [ressing button. I think, this may be connected with the cops recoil-script, as you probably done sth with cl_yaw/cl_pitch or +lookup/+lookdown.

What is more I want You to do sth with compass drawing. If there are some obj. on the map, theye are being drawn outside the compass, and sometimes are "hiding" hud_items like reinforcement time. It would be nice, to make hud "always on top".

Now, some feature-request:

1. cg_drawping (a string value of your actuall ping) // like in q3a/osp&cpma

it would be a usefull in case having b_drawspeed 2. Cause lagometer is simply overwriting speedmeter.

2. b_draw_hud_*element_name* "x y" connected with above, just for tweaking hud, to have everything in one place by moving it, not spreaded on whole screen.
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

Yeltzyn wrote:2. b_draw_hud_*element_name* "x y" connected with above, just for tweaking hud, to have everything in one place by moving it, not spreaded on whole screen.
/me pokes fretn :!:
mazza111

Post by mazza111 »

dunno if this has been covered or not but trigger for dyna on rail gun seems a wee bit screwed, u used to be able to plant behind the cabinet on the little ledge and it would blow the gun, now when u plant there u get all the dynamite planted msgs but it doesn't actually blow the gun. I don't mind u not being able to plant there as such but do mind it telling me i planted then not blow the bloody thing :roll:
EagleReloaded

Post by EagleReloaded »

Yeltzyn wrote:Since 2.60 & etpro i've noticed some bug. When you constantly shuffle beatween weaponbanks (e.g. med or fops) sometimes, when you switch to weaponbank 2 (smg) it will re-switch to weaponbank 6 (ammo/health) some second later.
Anyone else reproduced this? I haven't seen it happening.
Yeltzyn wrote:Another tnihg I found very inapropriate, the acting of very popular bino-script for fops. Now when you'r missing enemy "Aborting......." and you push-leave the key-binding very wuickly, it is often to still show bino-look when you stoped [ressing button. I think, this may be connected with the cops recoil-script, as you probably done sth with cl_yaw/cl_pitch or +lookup/+lookdown.
I'm a fops primarily and haven't had any problems whatsoever. I've never seen a quick artillery script that encompassed +lookup/down commands or affected cl_pitch/yaw so I can't see why restrictions on them would have an impact.
Yeltzyn wrote:What is more I want You to do sth with compass drawing. If there are some obj. on the map, theye are being drawn outside the compass, and sometimes are "hiding" hud_items like reinforcement time. It would be nice, to make hud "always on top".
What maps does this occur on? Because I had this on Reactor and it was because I hadn't extracted the ETPro shader file that came with the map, I hear that's responsible for this sort of behaviour?

As for the HUD stuff, poke fretn to finish editHud and you can just move the lagometer so it's not over the speedometer.

I noticed something peculiar in 3.1.15 last night - during warmup, b_fireteamLatchedClass was acting weird - anyone who was a soldier didn't show a latched class and anyone who had changed to something else was shown as being latched to soldier, but would respawn as something else. Only happens in warmup but still seemed kinda weird.
Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul.
Ragnar_40k

Post by Ragnar_40k »

EagleReloaded wrote:
Yeltzyn wrote:Since 2.60 & etpro i've noticed some bug. When you constantly shuffle beatween weaponbanks (e.g. med or fops) sometimes, when you switch to weaponbank 2 (smg) it will re-switch to weaponbank 6 (ammo/health) some second later.
Anyone else reproduced this? I haven't seen it happening.
Could be the bug when you pickup a weapon. But this never happend to me in ETPro (or ETPub).
The Emperor watch over you.
Yeltzyn

Post by Yeltzyn »

Could be the bug when you pickup a weapon. But this never happend to me in ETPro (or ETPub).
Similar, but i don't pickup anything, and switching from smg to ammo/healthpacks. I think, this is happening when i go crouch (i cant't remember if it was in all cases, but i just thought about last time this happened).
What maps does this occur on? Because I had this on Reactor and it was because I hadn't extracted the ETPro shader file that came with the map, I hear that's responsible for this sort of behaviour?
Probably venice (some map with gun like on oasis). I have all the shaders for custom etpro maps, if they'r included with the map.
As for the HUD stuff, poke fretn to finish editHud and you can just move the lagometer so it's not over the speedometer.
"poke fretn" -> i can't understand this at all, it is in english ?? What does it mean?
/me pokes fretn Exclamation
I meant not olny the lagometer (cause probalby there's a solution, but for now I can't find it. Please reaveal to me what is this "pokes fretn") but all the items from hud (like in cpma/ops, u can move things morelikely)

---

And what is your opinion about cg_drawping ??
deej

Post by deej »

fretn is part of development team of ETPro and does work on the HUD amongst other things. Poking is like giving a little push to start working ;-).
Our servers now run on 64 bit steroids. Point your ET to:
- Forgotten Ground StopWatch Server with occasional wolfrof 1
- Fraggle Rock ETPub Server - Mix up ET/UT & Duke Nukem
Yeltzyn

Post by Yeltzyn »

deej wrote:fretn is part of development team of ETPro and does work on the HUD amongst other things. Poking is like giving a little push to start working ;-).
Thx m8. I can see now, that reading dictonary can be usefull :P

So i poke fretn aswell as others do ;>
maarten144

Post by maarten144 »

why poke em? a tech9 is much more effecient :wink: 8) nah just kidding retn keep up ze good work!
Bartichello

Post by Bartichello »

fretn in charge of the hud :o hmm maybe he should try to make the skill rechergebar and xp display somthing we can disable with a comand so only weapon and hp are on our hud(want that for my movie config ^^)
daita

Post by daita »

is it a known bug or not, but if you spec someone using a nade, and you spawn at this moment, you spawn with a nade.

Ok, it's not so boring, but if you spec a cover sniping, you use your smg with a the 'snip binoculars' :]

daita.
hiro

Post by hiro »

Probably venice (some map with gun like on oasis). I have all the shaders for custom etpro maps, if they'r included with the map.
None of the versons of Venice ever came with etpro shaders, however Killerwhale made up this shader pack that covers a large number of old and newish custom maps, including venice. http://www.pcgamemods.com/9862/
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Great work with ET PRO Bani!

P.S im a Fan from way back i remember playing on the Bani-mod servers with instagib mausers and like 100 Gravity on a dialup ping , back then i think u were doing more playing than coding , great fun :)

two things
Since 2.60 & etpro i've noticed some bug. When you constantly shuffle beatween weaponbanks (e.g. med or fops) sometimes, when you switch to weaponbank 2 (smg) it will re-switch to weaponbank 6 (ammo/health) some second later.
I don't know if it realy is a bug, but i thought mentioning it here.
first ive had this problem too i thought it was just me scrolling too many times but after hearing this maybe it wasnt , i used to also get it changing to nade as well and again it was to do with shuffling through weaponbanks

2nd thing
I was wondering what is happening with the ET Pro hitboxes?
is there plans to change / fix them in the near distant future?

ive still noticed issues with people proning on hillsides and me crouching and shooting a half aclip at there head and it not Headshotting them.

So far the head hitbox has been fixed, has or is the body being changed too?

Later
Wraith
Etnies`

Post by Etnies` »

i noticed, when a shuffle without restart is done, then you get level4 light weapons you need to reselect akimbo's.. sorry if this has already been said.
BloodLusts

PLZ

Post by BloodLusts »

Hey Bani -- so far GREAT i love bani mod

and i used to be a strict Shrub user (BOO) lol

i changed to ET Pro mod for several reasons but alas i think im having to go back to Shrub

I dont want to go back to shrub so please please can you incorperate this suggestion sometime soon into ETPro

Can u please make XP Saves Persistent -- so you can make it save XP Constantly no matter if map restart,resets or if i loads a new map

Shrub MOD has persistent XP saves - so its possible to do in the coding

my whole reason is - im going to run a ONE MAP only Server - like u see these FuelDump only servers imma run a one map only - but i want Constent XP saves - and i wanna use ETPro

the only way to even do this so far on ETPro mod - is to create a campaign script with the same map on campaign like 100 times which would drive the Game nuts due to its needing to load the entire campaign scripting to memory etc..

so if anyway possible can you incorperate persistent XP saves into ETPro on next release

cuz sadly for now i think i have to goto shrub mod for this - and i truly dont wanna loose the OSP Sounds,Hit Sounds & the Watermarking Ability

also my customers would be greatful to see etpro on our servers as a install mod option as well so they can use persistent XP saves and ETPro

Thanks
Blood/ JW JWServers jnmel.com