ET Pro 3.2.0 Released!

Official ET Pro announcements here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

ouroboro

Post by ouroboro »

almost all competition has eliminated XP, except campaign ladders. and even those do not require XP to be saved once the 3 maps are over.
gotenks

Re: PLZ

Post by gotenks »

BloodLusts wrote:Hey Bani -- so far GREAT i love bani mod

and i used to be a strict Shrub user (BOO) lol

i changed to ET Pro mod for several reasons but alas i think im having to go back to Shrub

I dont want to go back to shrub so please please can you incorperate this suggestion sometime soon into ETPro

Can u please make XP Saves Persistent -- so you can make it save XP Constantly no matter if map restart,resets or if i loads a new map

Shrub MOD has persistent XP saves - so its possible to do in the coding

my whole reason is - im going to run a ONE MAP only Server - like u see these FuelDump only servers imma run a one map only - but i want Constent XP saves - and i wanna use ETPro

the only way to even do this so far on ETPro mod - is to create a campaign script with the same map on campaign like 100 times which would drive the Game nuts due to its needing to load the entire campaign scripting to memory etc..

so if anyway possible can you incorperate persistent XP saves into ETPro on next release

cuz sadly for now i think i have to goto shrub mod for this - and i truly dont wanna loose the OSP Sounds,Hit Sounds & the Watermarking Ability

also my customers would be greatful to see etpro on our servers as a install mod option as well so they can use persistent XP saves and ETPro

Thanks
Blood/ JW JWServers jnmel.com
actually, et doesn't let you create a campaign larger then 10 maps, but i really hope he never adds persistant xp save (which has been asked and luckily rejected for over the past year)
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
Deus

Post by Deus »

BloodLusts wrote:Can u please make XP Saves Persistent -- so you can make it save XP Constantly no matter if map restart,resets or if i loads a new map
This has been diskussed a quatrillion times and there is only one answer:
NO!
BloodLusts

opinions

Post by BloodLusts »

OK OK OK wait a min

the Opinions of other Admins is their business

but people ask me time and time again how to make their servers running ETPro save XP persistently

- to add a Cvar to do so would cause nobody any harm at all

Bani could Default the Cvar to 0 (0 means OFF of course)

so that admins who wish to never use any XP saving will not even have to touch this cvar

so all in all - what does it hurt to add persistent XP saves - set em default to 0

so admins who want nothing to do with it - can just ignore that its even there

-- Customers of mine ask me how to make ETPro use Persistent XP Saves

to which i have to tell them No and they stop using ETpro and goto Shrub
Personally I love ETPro and would like to definetly keep using it

but due to this issue - there is a chance i cannot keep using it on all my servers - i will have to setup installs for ETPub mod instead

Bani - can u kindly clear this up and atleast list 1 legitmate reason against adding this setting?
Nail

Post by Nail »

not bani but,
1: it serves absolutely no purpose
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome
squadjot

Re: opinions

Post by squadjot »

BloodLusts wrote:- i will have to setup installs for ETPub mod instead
..sounds like a good idea.
Spoofeh

Post by Spoofeh »

[pH*Deus] wrote:
BloodLusts wrote:Can u please make XP Saves Persistent -- so you can make it save XP Constantly no matter if map restart,resets or if i loads a new map
This has been diskussed a quatrillion times and there is only one answer:
NO!
I think XP save is an excellent idea... as long as XP is capped to 0. ;)
jump3r

Post by jump3r »

/me agrees with BloodLusts

it can't be so hard to add one little cvar which would be set to 0 by default
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

statsaver is good the way it works, i know that i'm not going to be facing a bunch of noobs whith 100000 xp when i join an etpro server... where as if i join an etpub server, i may see this... and would prefer not seeing it on etpro servers...
My Website
bacon

Post by bacon »

gotenks wrote:actually, et doesn't let you create a campaign larger then 10 maps, but i really hope he never adds persistant xp save (which has been asked and luckily rejected for over the past year)
No, etpro doesn't allow campaigns with more than 10 maps. The max number of maps per campaign is controlled by a simple define in the DLLs.
pvtryan

Post by pvtryan »

ETPub ( http://etpub.org ) has the best pub-oriented features from Shrub and ETPro. Like Shrub, it allows for fine-grained control over XP resetting. In fact, I'm not sure that Shrub has any important features not provided by the latest version of ETPub.

Unless the community you've attracted has a competition focus, there's no longer any reason to choose ETPro for a public server. (I think this is unfortunate because it bet it widens the gulf between casual and competitive players and reduces the conversion rate of casual to competitive players.)
Etnies`

Post by Etnies` »

Yea but untill they sort out the hitboxess which they say are fixed, are actually fixed and it plays like etpro.. it wont be replaced.
deej

Post by deej »

[AE]Etnies wrote:Yea but untill they sort out the hitboxess which they say are fixed, are actually fixed and it plays like etpro.. it wont be replaced.
I doubt that that is a valid argument. ETPub and ETPro cater to different kinds of players, only thing is that ETPro got so popular on pubs because it was the only "decent" mod for ET which fixed bugs etc...

ETPub is now taking over the role of Shrub as the public fun mod but it's doing it much better IMO.
Our servers now run on 64 bit steroids. Point your ET to:
- Forgotten Ground StopWatch Server with occasional wolfrof 1
- Fraggle Rock ETPub Server - Mix up ET/UT & Duke Nukem
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

there's a place for etpub, i think its rather unlikely etpro will ever implement persistent xp. people expect to join etpro servers and not be faced with 50,000 xp players.

might be a possibility for bayonet though.
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

bani wrote:there's a place for etpub, i think its rather unlikely etpro will ever implement persistent xp. people expect to join etpro servers and not be faced with 50,000 xp players.

might be a possibility for bayonet though.
the 22nd century mod :D
My Website