moving objects using etpro mapscrips

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

m4TT3rs

moving objects using etpro mapscrips

Post by m4TT3rs »

hi,

i'm trying to make an into for a fragmovie and i wanted to move the truck on oasis (the one standing in the middle of the guns-yard)towards the road with the burning tanks. then it has to drive from there towards its original position.
i was wondering if that is possible with mapscripts (and how couse i cant find mutch about that). or do i need to edit the map and create a new one with a moving truck?

i hope you guys can help me with it

tnx in advance

m4TT3rs
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

it is posable i think but i to sleepy to help u atm
m4TT3rs

Post by m4TT3rs »

ow nice, i'll have a deeper look into the scripts then and hope i can find some example scripts to moving objects and stuff.
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

oke im awake now :D

the truck is probely a model i dunno if u can move it unless u can chnace it into a script_mover but u cna spawn your own script_mover whit the looks of the truck an move that instead
m4TT3rs

Post by m4TT3rs »

ic,

has something simular been done before that you know of? so i can see some example code?

and is there some kind of "help" or "syntax-list" somewhere, could be handy :).
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

It depends what kind of model the truck is. If it is a misc_model, you may have problems, as they are baked into the .bsp.

If it is a misc_gamemodel you may be able to convert it to a script_mover, or, faling that, remove it and spawn a new script_mover using the same model.

If it is a misc_model, you might be able to hide it by remapping its shaders to completely transparent ones, and then spawning your own script_mover. Note that you can't use the standard common/nodraw shader for this, as that is done at compile time. You could use a shader with a completely transparent alpha channel however.

Since you are doing this for a movie intro, it shouldn't matter that the clipping of the original model is still there.
send lawyers, guns and money
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

i dont tikn u can removes gamemodels since .. well i dunno i dont think they ot a scriptname or targername to referend to them
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

can you move them outside the map borders? such as putting things into hills or inside a building that you can't reach
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
m4TT3rs

Post by m4TT3rs »

well i only need it for a intro, so if i cant move the truck and have to create a new one i just remove/move the old one or place my camera to a position where it doesnt matter if the old one is still there. the only thing is that it needs to be a truck with a roof. so cant use one like in supply or gold.

about the truck how can i see what type it is, i'm a newbie to this scripting language aswel as game-related coding/scripting so i'm gonna need alot of help i think.

ps. do any of you have a good tutorial about mapping in et, so i can look at that too.
nUllSkillZ

Post by nUllSkillZ »

It's a "misc_gamemodel" but it hasn't got a scriptname or a targetname.
You will find a very good scripting tutorial on Ifurita's homepage (a pdf document):
http://planetwolfenstein.com/4newbies

And you will find some mapping tutorials on surface.
http://www.wolfensteinx.com/surface/

As far as I remember EB has made some tutorial maps:
http://www.spyjuice.com/ld.htm

And of course you should take a look here in the forums on into the thread about etpro mapscripting:
http://bani.anime.net/banimod/forums/vi ... php?t=3328
m4TT3rs

Post by m4TT3rs »

tnx, now its reading time :p
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

gotenks wrote:can you move them outside the map borders? such as putting things into hills or inside a building that you can't reach
Without a scriptname or targetname they are pretty much inaccessible from scripting.

Since it is only an intro, you might just want to hex it out of the .bsp
send lawyers, guns and money