Tool: ET Starter Pro

Discussion for ET Players

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Deus

Post by Deus »

gotenks wrote:just to note, on my old isp i'd wait and connect and do everything... and i'd still get the error... only changing from my college's isp to a commercial isp worked
Maybe with some isps/firewalls/whatever the packets got corrupted
Tintifax_x

Post by Tintifax_x »

booger wrote:Thats the lamest excuse for changing cdkeys ive ever heard.It isnt the key itself,its pb's server causing the problem.
Any decnt batch/sh file could do the same thing.
On servers that dont run etpro,often times there is a shrubbot,I don't know how many time I've had to reset levels because some schmuck deleted his etkey.Same goes for admin mod.
I find it so ignorant to deny that there exists a massive problem which prevents *many people* from joining a (multiplayer only) game. How much worse can it get from there? Maybe you don't have this problem, but that does not mean that it doesn't exist. I don't need no excuse for anything. I am just using a known and functional workaround to get past a problem that I cannot solve in any other acceptable way. (If you had to bear the same problems with this as I had to, I bet you wouldn't suggest me to wait for 3 minutes every time this error occures.)

If we could direct all the energy out of these discussions into the right direction (to Evenbalance), it would be the better way imho.

Sl, Tinti
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

[pH*Deus] wrote:
Lekdevil.NL wrote:The exact cause of this problem is rather complex and will take a long post to describe (which I will do when I've got the time).

The short version is: under certain circumstances (that is the long story), the PB GUID Auth server will tell the ET server you're connecting to that it has not received your CD key yet. That bit of false information is then cached on the ET server for 3 minutes. During that time, all your reconnect attempts (at least when using the same CD key) will fail.

The easiest course of action when getting that "Valid CD Key..." message is to wait for 3 minutes, and then reconnect.
Note that leks post confrims that geting a new key is an alternate workaround.

If you wait 3 minutes, and get the error again, you are stuck waiting another 3 etc...
send lawyers, guns and money
gloowa

Post by gloowa »

[pH*Deus] wrote:btw deleting ur etkey is a fucking stupid thing!
There is no need to do it unless you are banned for cheating!
Nope, i got "Valid cdkey id not blahblah blah..." error about 3, 4 times a day, so...
I already written my own aplication witch dels etkey on evry ET start...
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

gloowa wrote:
[pH*Deus] wrote:btw deleting ur etkey is a fucking stupid thing!
There is no need to do it unless you are banned for cheating!
Nope, i got "Valid cdkey id not blahblah blah..." error about 3, 4 times a day, so...
I already written my own aplication witch dels etkey on evry ET start...
i allmost did, but i got lazy and had a batch file do it
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
fuego

Post by fuego »

can i have that batch file please... :D

This etkey thing really shits me...
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

i'd personally just use his program (i just formatted my pc last night... and didn't back up... but it was essentially this:

Code: Select all

cd c:\program files\wolfenstein - enemy territory\etmain\
del etkey
i saved that as a bat file and created a shortcut to it on my desktop, then i'd run it, next i'd start ASE
My Website
ouroboro

Post by ouroboro »

gotenks wrote:i'd personally just use his program (i just formatted my pc last night... and didn't back up... but it was essentially this:

del etkey
i saved that as a bat file and created a shortcut to it on my desktop, then i'd run it, next i'd start ASE

del etmain\etkey
ET.exe %*
put ET.bat in the same dir as ET.exe then set ASE to launch the BAT instead of the EXE.

%* passes all the ASE perameters to the game on launch (mod, ip, etc).
Tintifax_x

Post by Tintifax_x »

Or simply download my tool ;)
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

Image Image
My Website
Deus

Post by Deus »

If you still think deleting is the way to go i suggest 2 bat files.
one to delete the etkey
and another one to restore you one and only original old etkey
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

good idea, if the original one will work again... which wouldn't for me :P
also semi requirement IF you're in a clan
My Website
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

Another point, if you are still getting the guid problem, open a support ticket with evenbalance. If enough people do this, maybe they will actually fix it :/

Keeping a copy of your 'main' etkey is a good idea if you play in leagues (although TWL at least has dropped GUID checking until this is fixed)
send lawyers, guns and money
fuego

Post by fuego »

ouroboro wrote:
gotenks wrote:i'd personally just use his program (i just formatted my pc last night... and didn't back up... but it was essentially this:

del etkey

del etmain\etkey
ET.exe %*
put ET.bat in the same dir as ET.exe then set ASE to launch the BAT instead of the EXE.

I am a n00b and don't know much about codes... but you would be a legend if you could actually make such a program for me... :D

PS: I might even consider having your babies...
ouroboro

Post by ouroboro »

fuego wrote:
ouroboro wrote:

del etkey

del etmain\etkey
ET.exe %*

I am a n00b and don't know much about codes... but you would be a legend if you could actually make such a program for me... :D

PS: I might even consider having your babies...
huh? if you mean me, it's just like i said...

open notepad
paste in what i said
save it as "ET.bat" - be sure it's not et.bat.txt (turn on file extentions)
put et.bat in the same folder as et.exe
configure all seeing eye to run et.bat instead of et.exe

you can get REALLY complicated with the batch files you have ASE launch. i once had quite an elaborate setup for detecting the etmain version, swapping out the files to update my game to that version, with menus for if it was etpro, if i was watching a demo, if i wanted to use an eye-candy config, etc etc etc. and it'd prompt me if i was pubbing or in a match, and perform different tasks depending. it got pretty anal so i deleted all of it and am now a "bleeding edge etpro" purist :P

google DOS