Tool: ET Starter Pro

Discussion for ET Players

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Tintifax_x

Tool: ET Starter Pro

Post by Tintifax_x »

-- Note: Please remove this post if it is not wanted here in this forum ;) --

Hi Folks,

I have written a small tool (originally for my mates @ [PND]Funclan) to make the ET gamer´s lifes a bit easier. It is called "ET Starter Pro" and looks like this:

Features:

Code: Select all

Added with v 0.8 and earlier
* Integrated patch selector - no more .bat files or multiple icons
* Lets you manage a list of favourite servers, together with game
  version and private slot passwort (optional) and connect with 
  one mouseclick
* Built in server query tool, displays server information as well
  as a player list of the actual server
* Built in serverbrowser for all 3 ET versions (2.55, 2.56, 2.60)
  that lets you add your favourites easily or join a server directly
* Lets you automatically start ET Minimizer when starting ET
* Lets you automatically connect to a Teamspeak server when starting ET
* Lets you automatically delete your etkey file when starting ET, to
  avoid common Punkbuster errors
* Lets you automatically start a user defined application together with ET
* Lets you automatically terminate user defined applications when 
  starting ET (for example MSN Messenger, Trillian, etc.)
* Takes etspro:// links from websites to directly join servers from 
  any browser (Syntax: "etspro://server=ip:port&version=version")
* Lets you import and export your configuration to backup server list 
  and settings
* Lets you define player highlight tags

Added with v 0.9
* Added Ventrilo support
* Gamma fix option to reset gamma after ET crashed
* Et Pro Demo Tools - Cleans up your etpro directory to avoid demo
  playback errors and lets you watch etpro demos easily
* Added server browser filters
* It is now possible to execute each starting step individually
* Lets you automatically delete profile.pid files when starting ET
  to avoid configuration resets
* Added ability to add custom starting prarameters for starting ET
  locally, for example to start a mod
* Lets you backup and restore etkey files
Download here

Please understand that I do not officially support this software in any way. I just wanted to give it to the community. Nevertheless you can post bugs or comments to our forum at http://pnd.dyndns.org/forum/.

Have fun,
[PND]Tintifax_x
Last edited by Tintifax_x on Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

can it also automaglicy load my aimdat.h4x ? :roll:
Tintifax_x

Post by Tintifax_x »

Well, feature abuse is unwished but unfortunately possible :roll:
Deus

Post by Deus »

unfortunatelky this "tool" isn't blocked as a cheat, but hopefully it will be in the future ;)

btw deleting ur etkey is a fucking stupid thing!
There is no need to do it unless you are banned for cheating!
Tintifax_x

Post by Tintifax_x »

There is absolutely nothing to say against expressing your opinion Deus, and I am open to discussing them, but not on this level please.

All I can say is that you are blaming me for Evenbalance's faults. There indeed would not be any need for deleting the etkey file, if Evenbalance would finally manage to sort out the "Valid cdkey is not reaching Guidauth server" error which many ppl are encountering.

I don't want to encourage or enable people to cheat in any way! Im just as unhappy about punks as you are!
I just wanted to contribute something to the community, which obviously is being mistaken. I think its the best if an admin deletes this whole thread, because I posted it in a good intention, but it turns out ... let's say negative.

Sl, Tinti
Locked_On

Post by Locked_On »

This program doesn't do anything that a person otherwise couldn't do by other means. Many people have had to patch different versions of the game because some servers didn't upgrade or delete their etkey and do many other things because of the GUID Auth problem, which has nothing to do with cheating. If you ban cheaters by IP or subnet it doesn't matter how many etkeys they get anyway. I can do the same thing using ASE and a set of batch files, and I have never used a cheat. I don't see the big deal nor the cause for such a derogatory comment.
-------------------------------------
www.terminal-insanity.com
Deus

Post by Deus »

why do you call me punk?
did i call u names ?

plz come back down and use your (obviosly available) intelligence for things people actually do need.

My opinion is: every external programm that interacts in any way with et shall be banned and be rewarded with ban anyways.
If you want you can get as many new etkeys as you like, for i am not allowing guids younger than 10 days anyway.
fuego

Post by fuego »

Deus... you obviously are not really getting what this guy is talking about...

I have experienced my guidauthor problem on several occasions... sometimes after I have been waiting several minutes to join a server I get that message, and then when i go to delete it, someone else has already joined making me wait again... GGS EVELANCHE!!!!

Your program is a good idea... but I would prefer if it was something like ASE as that is a kick arse game browser... I don't want to wait ages just to do a scan on servers... but if you can do what ASE is doing then I will use your software...

:thumbup:
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

fuego wrote:Deus... you obviously are not really getting what this guy is talking about...

I have experienced my guidauthor problem on several occasions... sometimes after I have been waiting several minutes to join a server I get that message, and then when i go to delete it, someone else has already joined making me wait again... GGS EVELANCHE!!!!

Your program is a good idea... but I would prefer if it was something like ASE as that is a kick arse game browser... I don't want to wait ages just to do a scan on servers... but if you can do what ASE is doing then I will use your software...

:thumbup:
yes, exactly... very well put... i used to have the etkey problem where i had to delete my etkey every time i played... and i had a bat file set up to do it for me, BUT i'd have to run the bat file, then start ASE to connect... I'll check it out later to see what i'd reccomend for additions/subtractions
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
Tintifax_x

Post by Tintifax_x »

Deus you got me wrong!

I was saying that I dont like punks (cheaters) just the way you dont like them! I didnt call you a punk! Please re-read my post. But I admit, the wording was not chosen very good.

Sl, Tinti

P.S.: You also dont forbid kitchen knifes, allthough you could kill people with it ;)
Etnies`

Post by Etnies` »

lol Deus this guy makes a pretty cool progamme, and you go flame it just cause it has 'delete etkey' option on it.. if you dont like it why bother to post back swearing at him? Everyone at this stage knows how to delete their etkey cause of the auth problem, so dont get your nickers in a twist.
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

[pH*Deus] wrote:u
btw deleting ur etkey is a fucking stupid thing!
There is no need to do it unless you are banned for cheating!
That isn't true. It is a functional workaround the the "GUID not reaching" error. Waiting sometimes works, but if you get the error again, you have to wait another 3 minutes. deleting the key gets you in right away.

However, if you play in leagues, its a good idea to keep a copy of the etkey file that corresponds to your primary GUID that you use in match play.

edit:
Tintifax_x
A feature suggestion for your tool
- make a demo playback option, that cleans things up enough to avoid the common demo playback problems. This usually requires removing all be the latest version of etpro, and ensuring that the cgame and ui dlls match that etpro version (by extracting them from the etpro .pk3)
send lawyers, guns and money
Spoofeh

Post by Spoofeh »

[pH*Deus] wrote:My opinion is: every external programm that interacts in any way with et shall be banned and be rewarded with ban anyways.
Then we should ban ASE and XFIRE, and while we're at it we should disallow using Explorer (the desktop) to start ET as well. :)

---

Nice work Tintifax_x!
Another suggestion: how about an option to delete profile.pid?
PincheGab

Post by PincheGab »

Hehe! Who's more anal, certain ET players/admins, C++ programmers, or database admins?

Jeez, Like you could really ban ET external programs! The fact that you can't is why etpro has a built-in spawntimer...
Tintifax_x

Post by Tintifax_x »

SCDS_reyalP wrote:A feature suggestion for your tool
- make a demo playback option, that cleans things up enough to avoid the common demo playback problems. This usually requires removing all be the latest version of etpro, and ensuring that the cgame and ui dlls match that etpro version (by extracting them from the etpro .pk3)
Very good idea! I'll have a look at it.
Sauron|EFG wrote:Another suggestion: how about an option to delete profile.pid?
I've never ran into that. What would be the benefit of deleting this file? Actually I dont even have such a file in my ET dir :roll: Please enlighten me ;)
[pH*Deus] wrote:My opinion is: every external programm that interacts in any way with et shall be banned and be rewarded with ban anyways.
I forgot to mention that ET Starter Pro does not interact with et in any other way than copying the patch files to the et dir. Actually it termitates itself right after starting et.

Sl, Tinti