"hypnotist kidnaps gamer video"

Any discussions that are non-rtcw/et related go here.

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

bani
Site Admin

"hypnotist kidnaps gamer video"

Post by bani »

A video clip has been making the rounds recently.

in this clip, self-proclaimed hypnotist derren brown claims to put an unsuspecting victim into a 'catatonic trance' through a special home-made video game he installs in a pub. he then "kidnaps" the "victim" and places them into a "real life zombie game".

aside from the complete absurdity of his various claims, the whole show is a hoax. he states at the very beginning that "at no point are actors or stooges used in the show", but the whole thing is blindingly obviously faked (at least to me). still, it amazes me the number of people who take all derren's claims at face value and believe the program is completely real.

like, you can supposedly (derren's claim) put people into a 'catatonic trance' by occasionally flashing lights at them in a video game. yeah right.

real magicians, mentalists, etc. are honest and don't lie to you. they tell you it's a trick and then they do it. derren does completely the opposite -- he tells you what he's doing is real and not a trick. that's dangerous, deceitful, and dishonest.
Fusen

Post by Fusen »

you obviously havn't seen his live show
________
lolol
Last edited by Fusen on Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

he's an entertainer. he does not have the magical powers he claims.

and no, i'm not going to fly to the UK just to see one of his live acts. his russian roulette hoax was enough to prove he's a con man.
Fusen

Post by Fusen »

HE HAS GOT MAGIKAL POWERS GOD DAMNNIT!!!
________
List of transmissions
ouroboro

Post by ouroboro »

all you have to ask yourself regarding the supernatural is, if it's real, why is it not an epidemic?

if i had the power to control people's minds, i sure as hell wouldn't play video games for fun - and neither would anybody else. all anybody would ever do is constantly manipulate others for their own ends. it'd be on the news every night, high-profile mind control scandals:

"president bush was the victim of mind control last night, and was compelled to push the big red button."

"bill gates' brain was hijacked by terrorists and transferred all his assets over to al queda."

"britney spears was sexually assaulted by an expert hypnotist who had frontrow seats at her concert."

since it doesn't appear to be happening as far as i can see, it must not be real.

same with UFOs. if a celebrity can't sunbathe in her backyard without somebody snapping pictures and plastering them all over the internet, i find it highly unlikely we've yet to see a convincing photo of an alien, which would be the biggest story in the history of mankind. certainly bigger than jennifer lopez' nipple slip anyway.

look around you. what you see is all there is. there is no boogeyman in the closet.
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

send lawyers, guns and money
Fusen

Post by Fusen »

but the aliens destroy the photos!
________
RVF400
MeeZ?

Post by MeeZ? »

I don't believe it.

Yeah, Plus imagine a close friend (teenage girl) constantly singing his praises. Ti's unbearable hearing about that con-man.
BAN PRONEDELAY \o/
Solid Fett

Post by Solid Fett »

lmao, yeh i watch derren brown every time he comes on tv, hes class entertainment man, and watchin him fool people on the streets i know is quite coo too :P but yeh, he says he doesnt hav "magical powers", hes not lying, he plays mind tricks... no not like a jedi knight, but u get wot i mean, hes an illusionist/hypnotist, wotever u wanna call it these days. and i really dont believe that he will also get celebrities over here in england to appear on his show and fake it out wiv him... they'd blatently jus take it to the press and get shit loadsa money off of it. bottom line is, whether hes fake or not, hes definately good entertainment.

"I’m worse at what I do best, And for this gift I feel blessed, Our little group has always been, And always will until the end"
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

derren caught fibbing

derren claimed to be using live ammo on the program, but he was discovered to have staged it all using blanks.

real entertainers like penn and teller tell you it's a trick ahead of time. they let you examine the items used, tell you what they're going to do, and by warning you they put you on the alert to be watching them closely.

and they still pull it off, with humor, right under your nose. now that takes talent.
Solid Fett

Post by Solid Fett »

oh wow, pen and teller, they were fuckin awesome, used to watch em all the time, where are they these days? maybe they come on US tv... i dunno

"I’m worse at what I do best, And for this gift I feel blessed, Our little group has always been, And always will until the end"
RoadKillPuppy

Post by RoadKillPuppy »

bani wrote:derren claimed to be using live ammo on the program, but he was discovered to have staged it all using blanks.
I knew he was cheating... 95+% acc with a gun that has S.P.R.E.A.D. written all over it...
(+ the noob forgot to gib and I never saw a single strafejump...)
Razor Fett

Post by Razor Fett »

well, most of it looks real :D... but anyway its not what matters. as long as you get entertained...
Fusen

Post by Fusen »

bani wrote:derren caught fibbing

derren claimed to be using live ammo on the program, but he was discovered to have staged it all using blanks.

real entertainers like penn and teller tell you it's a trick ahead of time. they let you examine the items used, tell you what they're going to do, and by warning you they put you on the alert to be watching them closely.

and they still pull it off, with humor, right under your nose. now that takes talent.
he was frowned upon by most people for doing that and blatently lying about it, but the whole reason for that show was that he was trying to make people believe he was actually most likely going to die when in reality he was fine all along and never entended to endager himself he just wanted to scare the viewers and it worked out quite well. as with most shows like e.g. sword tricks by magicians, everyone is like pfff its a fake sword where alot of people thought he was actually using a real gun. so in my mind his russian roulette show was a complete success
________
Ferrari P4/5 by Pininfarina specifications
Spoofeh

Post by Spoofeh »

Any sane person would sue the hell out of him (and/or have him locked up) if he was hypnotized/kidnapped for real. :)

The whole thing is just [poor] acting, and only works because some people are stupid enough to believe it's real. :P