New Gametype - Explosives War

Request/discuss new banimod features here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Would you like to see this game mode in banimod?

YES!
50%
Sure
21%
Nah
13%
NO!
17%

Total votes: 24

Ph0g

New Gametype - Explosives War

Post by Ph0g »

Game Characteristics
---------------------------

- Everyone is locked into the same class (like instagib)

- You get a panzerfraust with 60 rockets, you get 25 grenades, you get dynamite and pliers

- Wolf selected classes (Lieu, Engi, Med, Soldier) have NO affect on your player, NONE of them

- Panzerfrausts and dynamite drain your power bar completely, but it charges back to full in 3 - 6 seconds, you may not set more than one bundle of dynamite on the map at once.

- Game speed is boosted to 400 - 450

- Knockback is increased 250% to increase excitement

- Gravity must be between 100 - 250

- Pilots are disabled (not that anyone plays low gravity with pilots on)

- Destroyable dynamite is off (have to control the chaos a little bit)

- Panzerfraust weight is cut down to 33% (maybe even less)

- Panzerfraust damage is reduced to 75% to control the splash damage a little more

- IF POSSIBLE, Spies lose their disguise after firing their panzerfraust, however they don't lose disguise for throwing nades or setting dynamite (if this can't be done, just disable spies or make them lose disguise for using any weapon)

- IF POSSIBLE, panzerfrausts self-destruct when they enter the proximity of a target (that includes teammates and scout clones)

- IF POSSIBLE, when a player is gibbed there is an explosion about one and a half times bigger than a grenade's blast radius (the guy was packing rockets, grenades, and dynamite, what did you expect to happen!?)

I am still trying to think of a name for the game mode, any suggestions?
I would also appreciate input on the idea!
Last edited by Ph0g on Sun Nov 17, 2002 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am Ph0g, you are not.
alexjones8194

Re: New Gametype - Explosives War

Post by alexjones8194 »

- IF POSSIBLE, when a player is gibbed there is an explosion about one and a half times bigger than a grenade's blast radius (the guy was packing rockets, grenades, and dynamite, what did you expect to happen!?) I AGREE PHOG GREAT IDEA BUT LETS MAKE IT LIKE 4x with 60 rockets a ton of grenades and dynamite that would be big
Ph0g

Post by Ph0g »

It WOULD be big, but if the exlposions get too big the chaos gets out of hand, it would be too messy....i get like 20 FPS as it is....Id rather leave it like I originaly posted.

Out of curiosity, who didn't like my idea, and may I ask why? I need criticism so that I may improve the idea where needed.
I am Ph0g, you are not.
Gyro Gearloose

Post by Gyro Gearloose »

That crack thing again...

I vote for it!
Be seeing you!
GanjMahal

Post by GanjMahal »

wow, this would be some mad shit. but the panzer, if it was the only weapon used, should be the way it is in single player: no movement penalty. that's my 2 cents
Ph0g

Re: New Gametype - Explosives War

Post by Ph0g »

Ph0g wrote:- Panzerfraust weight is cut down to 33% (maybe even less)
That isn't good enough for you?

I was trying to give people reasons to use grenades, so that it wasn't purely panzerfrausts.

Oh and people that voted against the idea, can you please give me some criticism, it would help alot.
I am Ph0g, you are not.
GanjMahal

Post by GanjMahal »

well.. yeah 33% is nice, but people will mainly use the panzer anyway. so why not just make it like a normal gun, thats what I'm saying.
Ph0g

Post by Ph0g »

If bani accepts the idea and adds it, we can test it out and go from there.

Yes the intention was for it to be a panzer war, but encouraging people to use grenades now and then would mix it up a bit more.

EDIT
------

8 say yes, 3 say no, what does bani say?
I am Ph0g, you are not.
GanjMahal

Post by GanjMahal »

Just another minor point: I know it's hopeless to harp on realism given a gametype like this [theres obviously no way in hell anyone would be able to carry all that shit], but wouldn't ya think dynamite would go off if you PFausted it? I think destroyable dynamite should be on. bu hell, it's not up to me. Thats just what I think.
Ph0g

Post by Ph0g »

But don't you think that would make the gametype completely un-playable on objective maps?

Can you imagine how hard it would be to get in and out of a room with dynamite in it where all a player has to do to finish you is shoot within 15 feet of the dynamite from a safe distance?

Me and zark thought about it, it just seems that destroyable dynamite would turn this gametype into camper heaven....

Also, to everyone who voted no, this gamemode was intended to be an occasional thing people voted on when they got bored, not something that admins would make servers for to play the gametype 24/7, i would imagine it could get really boring after a while.
I am Ph0g, you are not.
GanjMahal

Post by GanjMahal »

you could maybe make the dynamite faze out faster; that would help. like set the time so it's impossible for the pazer to get far enough away to be able to shoot it and live. that way he has to drop a grenade or something. but yeah, that probably woulndt work either
Ph0g

Post by Ph0g »

Or save bani the trouble and just turn destroyable dynamite off?

:D
I am Ph0g, you are not.
GanjMahal

Post by GanjMahal »

yeah. i've been thinking, and you're right. destroyable dynamite should be off. that would be nuts if it was on.
The Big Bad Cow

Post by The Big Bad Cow »

whats the point of having dynamite when everyone has panzers? what cant you do with a panzer that you can do with tnt? (besides setting objectives, and besides setting it and waiting for someone to run by it when it explodes, cause that is just dumb and almost never works. :? )
Memorable Quotes:
"And i'm off like a prom dress."
"This is more fun than a dozen rubber chickens!"
"Its that time of the week again... Yep. I'm in the shower."
"Froth and awe!!!"
:moo:
Ph0g

Post by Ph0g »

7 People voted no yet NONE of them have bothered to leave me a post and tell why, if you are voting against the idea please tell me why guys!
I am Ph0g, you are not.