bani adopted

Any discussions that are non-rtcw/et related go here.

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

ouroboro

Post by ouroboro »

Trix are for kids...
Please direct all gameplay-changing feature requests here.
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

fretn wrote:
gotenks wrote:i respect the choice to be a vegetarian, but in my opinion we still have our canines for a reason
the canines are for bani's carrots :roll:
canines are for ripping meat apart... it's virtually their only use... incisors are for grinding vegetables
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
fretn

Post by fretn »

that was the "joke" :(

for ripping carrots apart :(
Day by day : http://w.twwwo.be/
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

:lol: ok, well i was a little slow on it then :lol:
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
Nail

Post by Nail »

Improvise, Adapt, Overcome
Dubya

Post by Dubya »

gotenks wrote:i respect the choice to be a vegetarian, but in my opinion we still have our canines for a reason
Never tried canines myself. Are they tasty?
Spoofeh

Post by Spoofeh »

"Kanin" is Swedish for rabbit, so when you say canines are for ripping bunnies apart I get confused. :oops:
Bartichello

Post by Bartichello »

something like that... imo we breed animals to killa nd eat them... to not eat them would be a waste of the animal that died... so i eat it. it's death at least helps me then...
fretn

Post by fretn »

Bartichello wrote:something like that... imo we breed animals to killa nd eat them... to not eat them would be a waste of the animal that died... so i eat it. it's death at least helps me then...
animalfreedom.org wrote:Over 70 percent of the grain produced in the United States and over one-third of the world's grain production is fed to animals destined for slaughter. If Americans reduced their beef consumption by 10 percent, it would free up enough grain to feed all of the world's people who annually die of hunger and related diseases.
talking about waste
Bartichello

Post by Bartichello »

fretn wrote:
Bartichello wrote:something like that... imo we breed animals to killa nd eat them... to not eat them would be a waste of the animal that died... so i eat it. it's death at least helps me then...
animalfreedom.org wrote:Over 70 percent of the grain produced in the United States and over one-third of the world's grain production is fed to animals destined for slaughter. If Americans reduced their beef consumption by 10 percent, it would free up enough grain to feed all of the world's people who annually die of hunger and related diseases.
talking about waste
kows in belgium eat grass... not much of that grain food they make for them...
fretn

Post by fretn »

Bartichello wrote:
fretn wrote:
talking about waste
haha these are milk cows
and what do you think they eat in the winter ?
maarten144

Post by maarten144 »

fretn wrote:
Food is not the issue for that fretn. And its not related to beef particulary. Its western politicians not helping and african politicians being corrupt. So even if we eeat 10% less beef there would still be people dying of hunger. Even now when in Niger 1 of the biggest disasters of that country is happened 1 to 1,5 million dying of hunger, no one even gives a damn.
c'est moi, g-man ^^
irc: #clan.impera @quakenet
Gamersdatabase
Nail

Post by Nail »

Bartichello wrote:
In August 2004 dioxin was detected in the Netherlands in potato skins fed to dairy cattle. Increased levels of dioxin then began showing up milk and eventually 160 Dutch farms were closed down. The potato waste had also been exported to eight Belgian and three German farms, which were placed under restrictions.

In June 1999 dioxin was discovered in Belgian animal feed used to supply the Belgian, French and Dutch markets. The feed had been enriched with old used engine oil with a high level of dioxin. Hens, pigs and cattle ate the contaminated feed and high levels of dioxin were found in meat products as well as eggs.
that's funny "grass" they're eating
Nail

Post by Nail »

@ maarten144
Meat makes the rich ill and the poor hungry by Jeremy Rifkin

When representatives meet at the World Food Summit they supposedly focus on how to get food into the mouths of nearly one billion people who are currently undernourished. However, at all the dinners they attend you can expect to see the consumption of large quantities of meat. And herein lies the contradiction.

People go hungry because much of arable land is used to grow feed grain for animals rather than people. In the US, 157 million tons of cereals, legumes and vegetable protein – all suitable for human consumption – is fed to livestock to produce just 28 million tons of animal protein in the form of meat.
In developing countries, using land to create an artificial food chain has resulted in misery for hundreds of millions of people. An acre of cereal produces five times more protein than an acre used for meat production; legumes such as beans, peas and lentils can produce 10 times more protein and, in the case of soya, 30 times more.

Global corporations which supply the seeds, chemicals and cattle and which control the slaughterhouses, marketing and distribution of beef, eagerly promote grain-fed livestock. They equate it with a country’s prestige and climbing the “protein ladder” becomes the mark of success.

Enlarging their meat supply is the first step for all developing countries. They start with chicken and egg production and, as their economies grow, climb the protein ladder to pork, milk, and dairy products, then to grass-fed beef and finally to grain-fed beef. Encouraging this process advances the interests of agribusinesses and two-thirds of the grain exported from the USA goes to feed livestock. The process really got underway when “green revolution” technology produced grain surpluses in the 1970s. The UN’s Food and Agricultural Organisation encouraged it and the USA government linked its food aid programme to the producing of feed grain and gave low-interest loans to establish grain-fed poultry operations. Many nations have attempted to remain high on the protein ladder long after the grain surpluses disappeared.

Human consequences of the shift from food to feed were dramatically illustrated during the Ethiopian famine in 1984. While people starved, Ethiopia was growing linseed cake, cottonseed cake and rapeseed meal for European livestock. Millions of acres of land in the developing world are used for this purpose. Tragically, 80 per cent of the world’s hungry children live in countries with food surpluses which are fed to animals for consumption by the affluent.

The irony is that millions of consumers in the first world are dying from diseases of affluence such as heart attacks, strokes, diabetes and cancer, brought on by eating animal products, while the world’s poor are dying from diseases of poverty. We are long overdue for a global discussion on how to promote a diversified, high-protein, vegetarian diet for the human race.
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

i still go play whit my bani :!: