Unwanted custom GUI, skins, sounds and cursor.

Discussion for ET Players

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

analogue

Unwanted custom GUI, skins, sounds and cursor.

Post by analogue »

Hi,

I have autodownload on, and since I connected to a server spreading custom .pk3 files for replacing the GUI, sounds, cursors, etc. I always have them on. Now I still have my etpro customized no mather where I connect to, and I'd like to get the clean etpro when I connect to any server not proposing custom stuff (besides map).

One option to achieve it is to delete the downloaded PK3 files. But is there a way to force etpro to always stick to the default data, except for maps ? I find it pretty annoying to play without the decent etpro default stuff :?

Thanks for the help !
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

sv_pure 1

only laods default stuff + maps

if u ply on pure server then u should not have your costumised stuff unless the server has it installed on it also

but normaly it only laods things that are on the server
ouroboro

Post by ouroboro »

i'm suspicious that there may be a bug in the purity check. i've had several occasions where fellow players were able to hear those altered etpro sounds on pure servers. i know the servers were pure because i've been there at the same time, and i know the people weren't lying because for one they had no reason to even bring it up except that they were annoyed by it, and on one occasion i even overheard the custom sounds on their pc through vent.

i have a tiny pk3 i made for testing if servers are pure, which replaces the headshot sound with the "headshot!" from unreal tournament. i have never heard this when friends were hearing their altered sounds on the same server.

the whole thing is just so baffling that i don't even try to figure it out. it's impossible yet it's reality...
Please direct all gameplay-changing feature requests here.
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

Servers can be configured to have certain pk3 files be 'optional' (or rather, .pk3 files can be built and installed such that they are optional). This means that clients who have the .pk3 will be able to hear the modified sound etc, but clients who do not, will not be forced to download it.

edit:
The above is still 'pure' because clients can only use those that also exist on the server.
send lawyers, guns and money
ouroboro

Post by ouroboro »

ah i see. interesting, thanks :)
Please direct all gameplay-changing feature requests here.