Some semiadmins commands no longer working with ETPro 3.2.1

Discussion for any ET/ETPro/BayonET bugs or cheats you find...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Bombosman

Some semiadmins commands no longer working with ETPro 3.2.1

Post by Bombosman »

We've noticed that some semiadmin commands no longer work for ETPro 3.2.1 (while others still do their job). For instance, "timelimit" gives the following log (and does nothing):

Code: Select all

etpro semiadmin: 1 *** (level 2) command [timelimit 15:00]
unknown cmd in line '20'
Another buggy command is "nextmap" which actually only makes somekind of "match_restart" (the log shows no relevant information).

I guess it might be a problem with the "new custom semiadmin commands support" (what are the commands defined by default?).
________
CHRYSLER TOWN AND COUNTRY (PRE-1990) SPECIFICATIONS
Last edited by Bombosman on Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

the new way semiadmin works is that when a semiadmin executes command bla, etpro checks for a file bla.cfg to execute, then checks for a cvar called bla to vstr, then if neither of these exist it sends the command through to the console.

timelimit and nextmap are cvars :P so you're getting tripped up on the second rule. i could modify the second rule so it looks for a cvar called bla.cvar instead.
Bombosman

Post by Bombosman »

Yeah, I got the the feeling of missing something and many thanks for clarifying out this point. I hope you can make a clean solution for the "timelimit situation" (shared with any other request that needs to bypass arguments, if I understood well the problem).
________
Extreme Q
Last edited by Bombosman on Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
redshadow

Re: Some semiadmins commands no longer working with ETPro 3.

Post by redshadow »

Bombosman wrote:We've noticed that some semiadmin commands no longer work for ETPro 3.2.1 (while others still do their job). For instance, "timelimit" gives the following log (and does nothing):

Code: Select all

etpro semiadmin: 1 *** (level 2) command [timelimit 15:00]
unknown cmd in line '20'
Another buggy command is "nextmap" which actually only makes somekind of "match_restart" (the log shows no relevant information).

I guess it might be a problem with the "new custom semiadmin commands support" (what are the commands defined by default?).

I gotted same problem, but only sometime :o
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

this will be fixed in the next version.