Very odd issue ...

Discussion for ET Players

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Vimto

Very odd issue ...

Post by Vimto »

Been playing with the same config for months.

Suddenly a few nights back:

Every time I change class, I lose autopickup, hit sounds and autoreload. Options menus say they are all still turned on. If I turn them off and back on they come back.

Checking around I found a corrupt folder under et pro so I uninstalled ET, deleted the whole et program folder and reinstalled. Set a few basic settings (keys, name etc - nothing unusual) and joined a server only to find it was still happening.

System is Win2K P4 1.6, 768 meg ram, 6800 graphics.

Any ideas?
Lagger

Post by Lagger »

you should paste your config, not how many money you spent on your compy :)

cg_autoaction >= 8 has previously led to this behaviour, tho bani mentioned it was fixed at some point...

edit: it was 8 not 9, although noone would ever use 8 for obvious reasons :D
Last edited by Lagger on Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vimto

Post by Vimto »

Lagger wrote:you should paste your config, not how many money you spent on your compy :)
LOL - There was me thinking how much I needed an upgrade.
cg_autoaction > 9 has previously led to this behaviour, tho bani mentioned it was fixed at some point...
That'll be it - I changed that a few days back but never even considered it. Thanks very much.
wipeout

Post by wipeout »

cg_autoaction >= 8 has previously led to this behaviour, tho bani mentioned it was fixed at some point...
I used 15 since 3.2.0 was released.
But one time I joined a server the hitsounds were turned off. Then I set cg_autoaction to 0 and they were back on.

Some days later I noticed that I needed to lead my target in order to hit it. Then I tested what happens if I set autoaction to 7 and everything was fine again (I guess antilag was turned off).

Could it be that cg_autoaction >= 8 is still broken?