Another gamestate crash error

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Foonr

Another gamestate crash error

Post by Foonr »

1st-Killer wrote:I tried nearly every ati-driver (got a radeon x800 xt) and setting I can imagine.

It's unpossible to connect to a ETPRO (etmain works perfectly!) server. I even can't creat a server: when "awaiting gamestate" appears, my pc freezes. I tried to run ET in a window and it just quits back to windows...

As said, etmain is NO problem, ist's just when I connect an etpro server (pb does not make any difference.

I have Windows XP incl. SP1 and all updates (I will try with sp2 the week).
Radeon X800 with latest Catalyst 4.12
This was posted in Dec '04, never had a reply to it and now I have the exact same problem. I've searched these (and many other forums / F.A.Qs) and found relevant topics, but none have proved to be of any help.

It started 2 days ago when my computer failed to load properly anymore. Virus scans in safe / searching google failed to sort out the problem, so I had no option but to reformat. Having deleted my C partition, I re-installed Windows and ET, plus its patches etcetera. Now however, whenever I go to play on any server that is etpro (note the others are fine), the game hangs on 'awaiting gamestate'.

I've:
-Tried multiple gfx card drivers
-Run the game in etpro from the command line
-Deleted all my directories and re-installed
-Tried playing with my old config and no config, neither make a difference
-2 reformats

And still not even a smidgeon of progress. The error reporting window that comes up gives a reason form but this doesn't make any sense,...all numbers.

Thanks in advance :(
squadjot wrote:and..Fusen ure just a c**ksucker... sorry to say
zinx

Post by zinx »

Awaiting gamestate crashes are generally punkbuster.
Zinx Verituse http://zinx.xmms.org/
Foonr

Post by Foonr »

Updating it didn't fix it, nor pb_security 1/0....

Edit: Used a clanmate's pb dll's, this didn't help.
Tintifax_x

Post by Tintifax_x »

One of our clan members hast the exact same problem, also using an ati gpu. It is definitively caused by punkbuster, since disabling it on the server resolves his problems. Unfortunately he too was not able to find a solution though.
Ragnar_40k

Post by Ragnar_40k »

The Emperor watch over you.
Foonr

Post by Foonr »

nb: There is only one account on this computer, it's mine, and it is administrator ;)

Unfortunately, having not being able to find a solution and reformatting not working, I reset the cmos, and then reformatted again. I can confirm that I have finally been able to connect to an etpro server.