Enemy Territory: QuakeWars

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

tdg_sparky

Enemy Territory: QuakeWars

Post by tdg_sparky »

I know that this forum is only for Enemy Territory specifically ETPro mod, but I'm hoping that through advertising that bani will consider making a mod for this too. It seems to be geared toward larger teams(12v12 to be exact). Perhaps modding it a bit will change that who knows.
Anyway, I'm getting ready as the announcement for release date has been set for October 28th 2005. I've already started a team for it, for people who are interested in getting started with it immediately. We are quite possibly the first official clan created for Enemy Territory: QuakeWars.

Nontheless, I was hoping to get conversations started to see if Bani would respond to this forum question without the regular people answering for him saying, "he's busy, call back later" let him respond, lol. I wanted to post on ETPRO News section but thats for admins only.

If the source code is different, which is most likely, and when the source code is released, perhaps bani will start on it right off the bat. A lot of things to consider. Until then, I will be playing ET waiting for the public reaction.

Let the flaming begin, lol.
Spoofeh

Re: Enemy Territory: QuakeWars

Post by Spoofeh »

tdg_sparky wrote:It seems to be geared toward larger teams(12v12 to be exact).
Who told you that?

click
Wils wrote: You have to bear in mind that SD is a relatively small company. Even if we wanted to, we couldn't realistically test the game with more than about 10 vs 10, and that's in fairly exceptional cases. There are just too many people off sick/on holiday/busy/out of the office/feeding the tapirs at any given time, and we generally end up playing with much smaller numbers unless we're testing performance. So, if the game is going to work and be fun at all, it should be fairly safe to say that it'll be fun for smaller team sizes, whatever happens.
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

Noes bani should do RTCW2 !!!!!!
Nail

Post by Nail »

:lol2: you want bani to mod a game that isn't out yet, has NO bugs so far, and may not actually ever get released (think ET sp)

btw, we already have:

http://www.quake-wars.net
http://www.quakewars.net
http://www.quakewars.org
registered
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

I'm pretty sure bani is already working on DNFPro
send lawyers, guns and money
ouroboro

Post by ouroboro »

SCDS_reyalP wrote:I'm pretty sure bani is already working on DNFPro
don't mock it, DNF is actually near release. ;)

no, seriously. the head dev said so on their forums recently. they are "tech complete", whatever that means.
Lagger

Post by Lagger »

The first i heard about DNF was in february 96. They've said such crap for nine years, why would i listen to it now?
Spoofeh

Post by Spoofeh »

DNF = Did Not Finish :P