Another etpro guid pester

Discussion for any ET/ETPro/BayonET bugs or cheats you find...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Foonr

Another etpro guid pester

Post by Foonr »

Currently, and for longer than I can remember, my etpro guid has shown up as "Unknown", and I believe that at this moment in time, there is no way to be able to change that (due to being hardware based).

nb1: I'm not using Win98

nb2: I know you can obtain hardware spoofers, but that is hardly a direction I would like to travel in. I'm simply interested in having a 'real' etpro guid.

I am also under the impression that there is no way yet of discovering what hardware is causing the conflict with etpro, which prevents me from being given one.

So this is just a general bug bear / pester to the etpro team to please work on this in the future if you are not already. Thanks :)
squadjot wrote:and..Fusen ure just a c**ksucker... sorry to say
Fusen

Post by Fusen »

zomg! I've added you to the pb cheater list
________
BMW Sauber F1.06 history
Last edited by Fusen on Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Foonr

Post by Foonr »

k :>
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

Fusen wrote:zomg! I've added you to the pb cheater list
did u add his guid also to the pB list ? :lol:
Foonr

Post by Foonr »

:fistpunch:
Lee

Post by Lee »

I have this thing too. Not nice... :( Hope it will be fixed in one of future releases (if its fixable), becouse it really can piss you off when you're being kicked from a server. A guy with strange looking /cheaters output is always a cheater for admins, even though they don't know what this 'UNKNOWN' means.

BTW Got Win Xp sp2 (and Win 2000 some time ago), so I think the problem isn't system dependent foonr.
booger

Post by booger »

Any admin that kicks for that needs a kick in the ass.
Lee

Post by Lee »

Recently I met two guys who also had "unknown" guid in /cheaters. We tried to compare our specs and all of us had mainboards based on the same chipset (intel 845). Also please look at this thread:
http://bani.anime.net/banimod/forums/vi ... id+unknown

This fellow also has a mainboard based on intel 845. I do not have knowledge in hardware stuff. Perhaps it's just a coincidence... but recently I bought a new hdd, tried different systems, tried different drivers, upgraded bios and it didn't help.

Just a small hint, but I would like to see what are the opinions of etpro staff. If it's possible that this is caused by mainboard?