ET Pro 3.2.2 beta test release 1

Official ET Pro announcements here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

-neX-

Post by -neX- »

bani.... for the crash logging, thank you!

i do, however, have some questions.

regarding:
new crash handler can detect server hard lockups ("99% cpu"), create crashdump and shutdown the server.
set the cvar b_crashlogpath to the path you want to want to save crashdump files to. eg on win32 set b_crashlogpath c:\ and on linux, set b_crashlogpath /home/etserver
in combination with a dual cpu box (linux x86_64 SMP), would both CPU's need to be at 99% usage before this triggers? or some combination that adds up to 99%?

i have also been running into the random crash issue with 3.2.1, but as of yet, not been able to isolate the problem. 3.2.2 has been generating less crashes, but still some. hoping the crash logging might tell me more about whats going on. but im just not sure what the series of condtions to trigger the logging would be in the case of a SMP system.

apologies if this has been covered somewhere, but searches didnt turn up anything.

EDIT: im going to try applying the textfix.zip as mentioned in http://bani.anime.net/banimod/forums/vi ... 3&start=15 as well (on monday - want to see how things go over the weekend).
WeblionX

Post by WeblionX »

I'm pretty sure that the "99%" is just a term people use, since a process tends to shoot up to 99% CPU usage when it locks up. The handler should detect it even if you have a 24 Dual-Core Hyperthreaded CPU server.
Got any old idtech3 tutorials you made or saved? Send them my way.
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

the handler should also work even if it takes 0%, because it doesnt look at cpu usage, it looks to see if the process has stopped for any reason at all.