Pls show me ammo

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

ogrec

Pls show me ammo

Post by ogrec »

In rtcw osp when you aim at your teammate you see his name health & how much ammo does he have.

Smeone at crossfire already spoke about that and asked bani to make it same in etpro, in case you didn't notice i'm asking for again, hope you see it this time ;)

P.S. :idea: Oh, and can you make a crosshair editor? I think it would be great if we could make our own crosshairs, i always wanted to make a circle instead of dot so i could see enemy's head on long distance, i think it would be nice to have that option... if it's not too hard to program that.

P.S. no.2 And can you make possible to throw your weapon like in rtcw bind x "dropweapon" or wathever?
gotenks

Re: Pls show me ammo

Post by gotenks »

ogrec wrote:In rtcw osp when you aim at your teammate you see his name health & how much ammo does he have.

Smeone at crossfire already spoke about that and asked bani to make it same in etpro, in case you didn't notice i'm asking for again, hope you see it this time ;)
it would exploit a weakness in the covert ops class... bani allready turned it down... didn't ignore it, he said no... if you can convince him though, he may change his mind (did for the curse filter)
P.S. :idea: Oh, and can you make a crosshair editor? I think it would be great if we could make our own crosshairs, i always wanted to make a circle instead of dot so i could see enemy's head on long distance, i think it would be nice to have that option... if it's not too hard to program that.
;) let's let them finish b_althud 3 first
P.S. no.2 And can you make possible to throw your weapon like in rtcw bind x "dropweapon" or wathever?
didn't he add that allready?
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
ogrec

Post by ogrec »

When? What cmd? And can you give me link to topic or at least say where i shoul look about ammo thing? Thx
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

ogrec wrote:
When? What cmd? And can you give me link to topic or at least say where i shoul look about ammo thing? Thx
no he cant becase its not etpro :D
ogrec

Post by ogrec »

Too bad... can you at least say what command is for droping weapon?
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

if he added it, it's in the forums some where, i know he had intentions to, so unless he forgot... may be a server side toggle
My Website
ogrec

Post by ogrec »

I tryed to find it here, it seems to have all cmds there are but i just cant find it. Are you shure he added it?
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

My Website
ogrec

Post by ogrec »

@ bani - seems like the poll is pretty even so just add +dropweapon in next etpro beta and if any1 whines about it you can remove it again in official etpro? How 'bout that?
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

ISTR the main reason for not adding dropweapon is there are bunch of nasty corner cases that lead to exploits. If you read through that thread, both bani and rain started out postive to the idea, but when they got into the actual code, found it to be a lot of trouble.
send lawyers, guns and money
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

the command is simpel /dropweap

that all
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

re: the ammo counter... It seems like you could make it display something plausible for coverts. Especially if you made it just display a bar which represented their total ammo (from 0 to 100%)
send lawyers, guns and money
ark

Post by ark »

1.how would seeing ammo exploit covy class. i dont understand havnt played rtcw so dont know what the ammo think looks like but is a kool idea. could someone direct me to a pic of it?

2.about the drop weapon thing who cares u can switch so its kool dont need to complicate things especially if it is hard to program.

3.will alt hud 3 be comming out with the new etpro release?
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

30/64 or something to that effect (bullets in current gun/extra bullets), the % would work, but may still have issues
My Website
ogrec

Post by ogrec »

O.K., everything i said someone before me suggested already. Did anyone asked for option that medics, engys, fdopses and soldiers can chose between oposite side weapons? Like if i'm allied fdops that i can chose mp40 & luger or if i'm axis med that i can chose mp40 & colt 4 example?

How hard do you think that would be program and what would be the downsides if any?