ET Pro 3.2.2 beta test release 3

Official ET Pro announcements here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

ouroboro

Re: ET Pro 3.2.2 beta test release 3

Post by ouroboro »

bani wrote:b_killshot_delay (default 0, disabled) - time in milliseconds to take automatic screenshot after a kill
wow, i didn't see any replies to my request so i assumed you thought it was stupid! thanks bani (whether i brought it up or it was long planned)!

ouroboro <3's bani 4 evar!

for the benefit of others - if you play on an older server, you will have to extract cgame_mp_x86.dll from this new etpro in order to make killshots work from demos again. i had to figure this out after a bit of head-scratching (it worked fine, i played a while on a random server, it no longer worked, etc) :idea:

another little tidbit - with com_maxfps 100 and b_popuptime 0, it seems to take ~15ms for kills to show in the popup area. lower fps and/or higher popup time would require longer. of course "you killed etplayer" will show up at lower settings, down to 1 in fact. but if you want the screenshot to show your kill in the popup area as well as the main area, set b_killshot_delay to at least 15 (or higher, depending). also, it seems to take ~150ms for ET to begin playing the death animation. so if you want your shots to actually show the other guy "dying", you should consider that as well.

those numbers are rough estimates.
The Necromancer

Post by The Necromancer »

test #3 seems to be great
Listen servers 4ever!!!
Hi! I'm a .signature *virus*! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!
Deus

Post by Deus »

Listenservers are useless IMO
Lagger

Post by Lagger »

[pH*Deus] wrote:Listenservers are useless IMO
no they are not. Listen servers are easier to use for mappers. And depending on the following question, newbie friendly for small lans and such.

IIRC there were a lot of issues with listen servers, most of them from etmain. bani, are all of these fixed?
arni

Post by arni »

how small must a lan be not to bring a few of those small P3-600 or similar running linux and a ded server?

You can usually even get those for free (i got 8 out of an office upgrade), and they are just enough to run a ~16 slot server

Ded linux servers >>>>>> listen servers >>>>>> windoze
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

Lagger wrote:
[pH*Deus] wrote:Listenservers are useless IMO
no they are not. Listen servers are easier to use for mappers. And depending on the following question, newbie friendly for small lans and such.

IIRC there were a lot of issues with listen servers, most of them from etmain. bani, are all of these fixed?
no... iirc there are even more bugs for listen servers with etpro... which is why he removed it as an option...
it's easy to host a dedicated server (and not set up port forwarding) and test things out, and you know that it will work better... as jumps are one thing that are affected by listen servers...
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
Lagger

Post by Lagger »

let me restate that: listen servers are a good thing IF and ONLY IF the listen server issues are fixed
bani wrote:listenserver should work again.
ok then, so are the issues fixed?
gotenks wrote:it's easy to host a dedicated server
that's not so easy if you are an average windows gaming tard, a description that covers at least 3/4 of gamers.
arni

Post by arni »

Lagger wrote:
gotenks wrote:it's easy to host a dedicated server
that's not so easy if you are an average windows gaming tard, a description that covers at least 3/4 of gamers.
http://www.rtcw.jolt.co.uk/content/enem ... setup.html
Ragnar_40k

Post by Ragnar_40k »

He spoke about the "average windows gaming tard", who never would read a manual that has nearly no pictures in it. And additionally DGs guide is far to long ...
The Emperor watch over you.
mortis

Post by mortis »

How about my tutorial? It's foolproof!

http://bsdterritory.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1988

--Mortis
jump3r

Post by jump3r »

Lagger wrote:let me restate that: listen servers are a good thing IF and ONLY IF the listen server issues are fixed
bani wrote:listenserver should work again.
ok then, so are the issues fixed?
<flame>and what if not? call the carepolice? its better to have buggy game than no game imho.
deej

Post by deej »

mortis wrote:How about my tutorial? It's foolproof!

--Mortis
Too much text. Average Windows game tard wants pics and next next next finish run. :shakinghead:
Our servers now run on 64 bit steroids. Point your ET to:
- Forgotten Ground StopWatch Server with occasional wolfrof 1
- Fraggle Rock ETPub Server - Mix up ET/UT & Duke Nukem
arni

Post by arni »

mortis wrote:How about my tutorial? It's foolproof!

--Mortis
your guide proposes to use a hunk of 384Mb for hunk?

What size server are you planning?

384Mb would be enough for about 420 player slots if that was even possible.

As a quick rule of thumb hunk = 48+(<slots>*0.8)
Explanation: 48Mb is the "in hunk" size of fueldump - the largest current map, and every player needs around 800kb of ram (bani suggests 1Mb but for me 800k is enough)

Seeing that I instantly lost interest in your whole guide for you not knowing what you talk about - sorry.
Ragnar_40k

Post by Ragnar_40k »

Springfield (the Simpson maps) is the most greedy map and needs about 120MB hunk.
The Emperor watch over you.
arni

Post by arni »

Ragnar_40k wrote:Springfield (the Simpson maps) is the most greedy map and needs about 120MB hunk.
i am talking about maps and not "maps"

-> Get the difference?