suddent increase of mouse sens after mapload

Discussion for any ET/ETPro/BayonET bugs or cheats you find...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

squadjot

suddent increase of mouse sens after mapload

Post by squadjot »

Ive encountered this 5-6 times now.. Im not positively sure its a ETbug (3.2), but sometime after a mapload my sensitivity feels way higher (the cvar values are the same).. if i shutdown game..and relaunch it..its working as normal again. in_restart doesent seem to do the trick

edit: found this one also..
http://bani.anime.net/banimod/forums/vi ... php?t=5862

im using logitech mx510 installed mouseware (have worked fine sofar)
and a sensitivity toggle wont do it for me.. its not controllable, to get the accurate same feel.
Pangea

Post by Pangea »

Usually, Mouseware recognizes games, so that Windows mouse settings won't affect game settings. But maybe after map loading it doesn't recognize ET anymore because it lost focus for a moment (might happen if map loads twice because cvars are enforced that require vid_restart)? When it happens again, try to un- and refocus ET by pressing the Windows key and switching back to ET by clicking it on the task bar. You could also change the Windows settings before playing to see whether mouse sensitivity changes to something different than usual.
If you find out that that's the reason, I'd suggest adding ET.exe to the GamingCompatibility-key in Windows registry and having a look at the Logitech advanced settings tool. I had to do that when I was still using Mouseware to get ingame mouse settings that were independent of Windows settings. Before, for some strange reason my sensitivity toggled each time ET was focused, because TeamSpeak 2 was recognized as game and ET not. (:
squadjot

Post by squadjot »

thnx for the explanation. That logitech advanced settings -tool ..i never really got confident using it..
xGrunt

Post by xGrunt »

Try the Mouseware Advanced Settings Utility from Logitech. I found that unchecking Mouse Speed solved my issue with changing sensitivity.

http://bani.anime.net/banimod/forums/vi ... highlight=
squadjot

Post by squadjot »

i knew the tool, but as i said never got confident using it.. now i have set it to "precision" instead.. now i have the "toggled" sensitivity all the time (the sensitivity i would get as "bug" after a maprestart)..

now ill try adapt to this new feeling.. =/ (mouse settings hell , never ending story)
Pangea

Post by Pangea »

Make sure that MouseWare really recognizes ET as a game. Usually it recognizes games because they use DirectX or OpenGL, but it doesn't work with ET, so you have to add ET manually. I already explained it here:
http://bani.anime.net/banimod/forums/vi ... php?t=5128

Then the important thing to do with the advanced settings utility is to uncheck "Keep senitivity/acceleration/binding/whatever" to make ingame mouse settings independent of Windows settings, or check them, if you want the Windows settings.
squadjot

Post by squadjot »

i did the reg thing ..but the bug just happened to me now. Suddently way higher mouse sens after mapload (it only happens about once a month)

Others have had similar effect..could it be 2.60 or etpro?
i use mx510 with mouseware
Deus

Post by Deus »

Logitech™ teh sux
squadjot

Post by squadjot »

but.. it has never happened before 2.60 or later etpro version =/
RaistlinRTCW

Post by RaistlinRTCW »

2.60 is ET version so are you saying it happens regardless of if you are on an ETpro server or a ETpub etc.
=ARC= Clan server ET 213.200.95.39:27982
Ansalon ET 195.149.21.116:27960