Adding some stuff to ETPro

Discussions about ET modding (sdk code, player/weapon modeling)

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

=DSN= MrFollies

Adding some stuff to ETPro

Post by =DSN= MrFollies »

Hiya,...

I used to mod, back in the quakeworld day with quakec. I've touched it a little bit in Q3A but I've never done anything in ET.

I am looking for a way to announce who planted a dynamite at an abjective.
I am also looking for a way to see who actually completed an objective.
We want to start logging stats for this stuff.

I've notived the wm_announce command in some map scripts. I could use this but I need to figure out the players name.

Does anyone know if this is possible or if there is a tutorial on map scripts and their commands?
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

unless u make .so or .dll mod there is no way to getp layer names in a map script

althoguh i u cna do it in C(c++) if u use QMM it will allow u to run a a mod on etpro that can probley do wut u want

http://q3mm.org/
=DSN= MrFollies

=FF=im2weak4u wrote:unless u make .so or .dll mod there is no way to getp layer names in a map script
I was afraid of that. I downloaded the SDK last night an looked over it.. I can see in the code what I need to change.
=FF=im2weak4u wrote:althoguh i u cna do it in C(c++) if u use QMM it will allow u to run a a mod on etpro that can probley do wut u want

That looks like an awesome mod. I noticed it was released yesterday :)
How stable is it? Have you run ETPro with q3mm much?

If I write a mod to do what I want it will be very very light with little changes. A simpler way to go might be to make the changes in the sdk and try and get them incorporated into bani's source.

I assume the etpro source is not released to the public?
fretn

Post by fretn »

=DSN= MrFollies wrote:I assume the etpro source is not released to the public?
you are right :)
Day by day : http://w.twwwo.be/
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

=DSN= MrFollies wrote:
=FF=im2weak4u wrote:althoguh i u cna do it in C(c++) if u use QMM it will allow u to run a a mod on etpro that can probley do wut u want

That looks like an awesome mod. I noticed it was released yesterday :)
How stable is it? Have you run ETPro with q3mm much?

If I write a mod to do what I want it will be very very light with little changes. A simpler way to go might be to make the changes in the sdk and try and get them incorporated into bani's source.

I assume the etpro source is not released to the public?
its stable enough i think actualy tobe tru not many ppl used it so we ned ppl tu use it ti make it populair and to do better testing

iv been using on rtcw banimod atm not on etpro but it should work jsut fine only u got to keep in mind that some engine / syscall act differetn thne they do i the sdk :D but usualy i can jsut parse the info those calls and use it then send it on unmiddifed so etpro wont even notice it :D
ReyalP

Re: Adding some stuff to ETPro

Post by ReyalP »

=DSN= MrFollies wrote:Hiya,...

I am looking for a way to announce who planted a dynamite at an abjective.
I am also looking for a way to see who actually completed an objective.
We want to start logging stats for this stuff.
AFAIK, this information should now be in the etpro server logs. This was added a while back.

If you want to announce it to clients, then this doesn't help you.
send lawyers, guns and money
=DSN= MrFollies

SCDS_reyalP wrote:AFAIK, this information should now be in the etpro server logs. This was added a while back.

I just want it for stats,.. But I've looked through the logs and it is definatly not in there.
=DSN= MrFollies

=FF=im2weak4u wrote:iv been using on rtcw banimod atm not on etpro but it should work jsut fine only u got to keep in mind that some engine / syscall act differetn thne they do i the sdk :D but usualy i can jsut parse the info those calls and use it then send it on unmiddifed so etpro wont even notice it :D
Well I am keen to give it a go... Documentation is a bit light.. I might be PM'ing you for some help on setting it up.
techno

Post by techno »

=DSN= MrFollies wrote:
SCDS_reyalP wrote:AFAIK, this information should now be in the etpro server logs. This was added a while back.

I just want it for stats,.. But I've looked through the logs and it is definatly not in there.
dynamite plants are definately in the logs, both the console.log and the server.log

e.g.:

Code: Select all

17:45.53 Dynamite_Plant: 19
19 being the client number
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

=DSN= MrFollies wrote:
=FF=im2weak4u wrote:iv been using on rtcw banimod atm not on etpro but it should work jsut fine only u got to keep in mind that some engine / syscall act differetn thne they do i the sdk :D but usualy i can jsut parse the info those calls and use it then send it on unmiddifed so etpro wont even notice it :D
Well I am keen to give it a go... Documentation is a bit light.. I might be PM'ing you for some help on setting it up.
feel free to pm me or ask cybermind on irc (#qmm) on gamesurge