To finish ETPro?

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

McNite

Post by McNite »

Mortis, you can already use thirdparty scriptfixes... just put them in a folder and point the etpro to it. Also there is a standard-folder for this already.

I d like to see the logfiles having a DAY in the timelog, not only the hour. Evaluation would be A LOT easier with the day logged (servertime of course). Also go try to find something that happend on Tuesday on your server... good luck.
mortis

Post by mortis »

I know that you can use the mapscripts folder, lol. I am just asking for some of my (and other people's) fixes for third party maps to be distributed automagically in the etpro package. Some people like the third party scripts, some don't, and many aren't aware that bugfixes are available, or else they have some doubt about them because they are not 'endorsed' by etpro. The etpro team just didn't want to 'force' the other bugfix scripts onto people, so I'm just asking that they be bundled in a seperate folder, be included with etpro, with perhaps a suggestion or alert to server admins about their existence, usage and potential benefits. I've also heard people say that mappers should issue final map pk3s with the fixes implemented, but that's not likely from retired mappers, especially this late in ET's lifecycle. I'm just trying to be realistic in terms of getting bugfixes and workarounds out to the community, without forcing widespread all-or-nothing adoption. People who comb the forums here know about them, some leagues use them, but I can't personally crawl every messageboard and league forum to encourage their usage.
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

imho, if bani or his team didn't make them, they should hesitate in using them as there could be unknown bugs in them
also note, i use them on enemy-territory.com's server
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
mortis

Post by mortis »

Agreed, which is why I have asked them in the past to make 'certified' versions of submitted mapscripts, with code and explanations of what they fix.
The Necromancer

Post by The Necromancer »

how about doing translation.cfg for ET?
Hi! I'm a .signature *virus*! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!
Luk4ward

Post by Luk4ward »

The Necromancer wrote:how about doing translation.cfg for ET?
idd, there are already some translated et, but u have to download pk3 and place it on server which doesnt make sens coz it has to be choosen from client side for example by another menu called languages...

to the list i have more:

1) problem with next map/campaign
2) as someone mentioned above certificated map scripts and server config files not only for clan matches and server browser for those with certifications
3) recording demos with players data (last 8 digits from punkbuster guid, 3 parts of ip and optionally etpro guid) which can not be spoofed so AC services can ban cheaters on them
4) Some admin ideas:
*) 5 seconds lock on teams or x time from some cvar like b_lockteams after shuffle with info to connected players
*) Detection of uneven teams and ping jumpers
*) Log advanced system:

-) etpro/log/players_data.log
-) etpro/log/players_chat.log
-) etpro/log/players_stats.log
-) etpro/log/etconsole.log [all]

*) Modified /players with last 8 digits from punkbuster guid, 3 parts of ip and optionally etpro guid, with info of rate, snaps and cl_maxpackets restrictions on server (dnt show those values for all players)
*) Mute advanced system (posted by Father somewhere)
*) Enhanced Private Messaging based on id
*) Killer's HP
*) Death match mod based on stopwatch but instead of clock will be showing the record of frags:
-) if enabled objectives are turned off [there are already done map scripts for popular maps]
-) is this possible to change text from allies/axis win to highest fragger win
-) some kind of info if the server is objective or deathmatch to players before they connected to the server
*) antispawnkilling system [adjust shield by cvars]
*) /kill problem (i read that bani have some idea like on etpub for this)

The most ideas are done via lua or etadmin mod, but imho this is not the way to have ten of lua's scripts for every idea and lower the server perfomance. Please dont ignore public servers, because they are "recruting" new players into this game and collecting in one place good players who are keeping this game alive. If you dont support another version of etpro please post somewhere the source code so the other ppl will have a look into. Coz there are already some id***s which think they can make new cheater-safe and better mod (which is only a modified etpub) and they do not want to co-operate with etpro team because:
zhaplja wrote: etpro is a closed source inactive project
I do not think so, i think that some ppl of etpro team have not been playing lately on pub servers so they are not so much motivated? ;) From support side i have noticed Reyalp recently, but only in theoretically way, or maybe im wrong...I do understand it because many activities = no time, especially for a game,

thanks for attention, im with you of course
wolFTeam.pl
Phenomenon

Post by Phenomenon »

McNite wrote:I d like to see the logfiles having a DAY in the timelog, not only the hour. Evaluation would be A LOT easier with the day logged (servertime of course). Also go try to find something that happend on Tuesday on your server... good luck.
To print a simple date on each game init put this line into a lua file and load it:

Code: Select all

et.G_LogPrint(string.format("etpro: %s\n", os.date(time)))
Reference to os.date(): http://www.lua.org/pil/22.1.html
squadjot

Post by squadjot »

jalen wrote:Medic Revives AND Dyno Planted By ___ written to log imo.. if possible
You mean player console log?

It existed back in earlier rctw but was removed, afaik cause then you would be able to get a more or less exact image of whos dead/alive on the enemy team. (easily done with proggy that interfaces with ET, i.e. dynocounter)

afaik cg_centertime was fixed.. (and we dont need "individual" times, cause theres no "etc".. theres only kill/revive notice.. and what should u use a revie notice for? (its alredy in echo/console)