Crashs

Discussion for ET Players

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

cyrus the virus

Crashs

Post by cyrus the virus »

I'am haveing problems with et pro on all severs. nobody seems to have this problem on the sever. during a game I keep getting cut off for no reason, I am back to my desktop. It appears to orthers in the game I am still connect but I am not. It seems it times out when I hit a high ping. I reinstalled ET and ETPro and I still have the same problem. Does any one have any suggestions? Thanks
somenoob

Post by somenoob »

I also am having this problem. I will join an ETPro server and in a few minutes have my screen go black then return to the desktop. With the TWL config running it was giving me a 20006 error, but pubs were giving me the problem I mentioned above.

I thought maybe this was a ram issue at first, so ran memtest86 and came back with no problems, reinstalled ET and etpro, rolled back to older video drivers. None of what i have tried worked.

ETPub and other mods seem to be working fine

system
p4 3.0ghz
asus p4c800-e
2 gb kingston pc3200
x800GTO

any other info needed just ask
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

Update pb with pbsetup.

Check for viruses/spyware.
send lawyers, guns and money
somenoob

Post by somenoob »

ok tried updating pb no luck... I have tried the virus scan thing I just forgot to mention it in previous post, also tried system restoring back to a few days before all this started happening... no luck so far. any other ideas?
Deus

Post by Deus »

check cpu cooler for dust

This might happen if it is too warm in your PC-Case
somenoob

Post by somenoob »

I have been a long time user of mbm5 and atitool to keep track of temps in my case

cpu never above 51C
gpu never above 65C
case varies I could understand if this problem happened during the day with my no AC and the summer heat but even at night when its like 65F out the problem persists...

im damnned to be a pub nub :(

been thinking about just a full reformat but really dont want to go that route if I dont have to