pmove_msec 5/10 and etpro ?

Discussion about specific ET servers

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

LilleBror

Post by LilleBror »

thanx deej... 10 it is first up in test.cfg then...
Spoofeh

Post by Spoofeh »

You simply can't disregard the things that are borked if the purpose is to "get et super smooth", as you put it. The only sensible answer is that nobody will want to play on your server with those settings, but of course nobody can stop you from testing all three values (remember that it also requires b_placebo 1 though).
LilleBror

Post by LilleBror »

spoofeh... thats why im testing...
Its broked yes.. but at ALL pmove_msec values? and at all com_maxfps values? at all cl_maxpackets vaules? ..ect...
It might just be very good at that particular server.cfg setup?
A adjusted server.cfg using 1 type cvars values 4 all might just work with pmove_fixed?
None will come? ur absoluty right..if pmove_fixed is still broken with the paticular setup.. if not.. I'll wait and see.
The key word is TEST...
LilleBror

Post by LilleBror »

Etpro look like it runs at sv_fps 40 without any "bugs"

I have read that the flammer is sv_fps range dependant?...

Are there any other problems at at sv_fps 40?

It should hit the time frame dependance of 50 msec and 100 msec events... that are in ET/ETpro...

... at pmove_fixed 1 pmove_msec 25 and at sv_fps 40... i would postulate that ist just fine regardless of client com_maxfps! ?...

...at pmove_fixed 0 same thing same feel as pmove_fixed 1...

some choppyness if com_maxfps drops under 40...
Nail

Post by Nail »

pmove_fixed 1 pmove_msec 25 and at sv_fps 40

that's absolutely correct, use that, job done

:lol:

:sleep: :sleep:
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome
LilleBror

Post by LilleBror »

Nail...Are u sure no problems with sv_fps 40 and the flammer...?

Even if u think im a retard...
I had pmove_fixed locked on my server setup ages ago..
Im still amazed that if im trying 2 get a good server setup 4 one server... yes one only... you feel the need 2 post BS.. i bet u never even fired up a server at sv_fps 40?

INFO: etserver posts... so if u dont mind ill ask questions about cvars and the implications ...information exchange aint that bad... even if i dont listen and "learn" form the answers i get..u in particular dont need 2 read my post or comment on them ... thats a choice u make... so zzzz... dont read em if u think its boring...

//off topic... im 2 stupid 2 realy understand the code.. but trial and error works 4 me... so be it as it may, I need feed back on cvar combinations since this kind of speed up the process..if u catch my drifft...