ET Pro 3.2.6 Released!

Official ET Pro announcements here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

K1M1

Post by K1M1 »

ok guyz tnx, ive just overwrite the files et & eted on my et folder, and now is workin as it should, tnx for help, just one question, will i have some problems now, while connectin to 2.60 pacthed server ??? or is it ok ?

is it ok that i overwrite them to my et folder on my comp, coz seems i have some problems with integrity failure when goin to etpro 3.2.5 server, or should i put em in diferent folder, and not overwrite them ? so i can connect to both mods, or servers ?

tnx
Deus

Post by Deus »

etpro < 3.2.6 needs 2.60.exe, independent from what et version server uses.
i have 2 simple batch files that copy either 2.60.exe or 2.60b.exe depending what i need
K1M1

Post by K1M1 »

so then i didnt do write when overwritin the 2.60b et & eted files ?

what should i do then, so i can easilly connect to all server, 3.2.5 / 3.2.6, server updated with 2.60b or server with 2.60 only ?

also i have unpack patch selector, like it said in readme file, but still i only can connect to one servers, depends which et & eted files i have in folder atm, is there a easy way to do smthin, so both servers & patches work normally ?

pliz help

!cya
Deus

Post by Deus »

unfortunately not.
depending on what server you want to connect to, you have to decide which patch you use before you connect.

I suggest playing on 3.2.6 servers only unless you need to stick to older ones (League rules i.e.)
K1M1

Post by K1M1 »

to bad, coz if i think, then its better to put old 3.2.5 etpro on, coz i know server will be emtpy all the time, and to be honest, it sucks to always overwrite files back :(

and most of them even dont know that, and i was so happy for new mod :>

!cya and thanks alot
K1M1

Post by K1M1 »

just one question, if i remove only 2.60 b patch from my server, then ppl dont need to replace files et and eted 2.60.b right ??? coz i would like to leave 3.2.6 mod, if then all will be ok !!!

probably will if no patch is there on server, just the normal 2.60?

or not ?

cya
Lagger

Post by Lagger »

K1M1 wrote:just one question, if i remove only 2.60 b patch from my server, then ppl dont need to replace files et and eted 2.60.b right ???
Wrong. Your server should be always version 2.60b.
If the server has etpro 3.2.5, clients are required to have 2.60.
If the server has etpro 3.2.6, clients are required to have 2.60b.
K1M1

Post by K1M1 »

tnx for explanation, i think ill stick to 3.2.5 for now :(
The Necromancer

Post by The Necromancer »

to devteam: how about updating the page :nag:
Hi! I'm a .signature *virus*! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!
[CoKe]

.cl mirror

Post by [CoKe] »

Great Work as Usual.

.cl mirror : http://www.enemyterritory.cl/files/etpro-3_2_6.zip

greets

coke
dAK>>CoKe
coke@enemyterritory.cl
senior chilean enemy territory league.
http://www.enemyterritory.cl
[bP]little

Post by [bP]little »

K1M1 wrote:to bad, coz if i think, then its better to put old 3.2.5 etpro on, coz i know server will be emtpy all the time, and to be honest, it sucks to always overwrite files back :(

and most of them even dont know that, and i was so happy for new mod :>

!cya and thanks alot
It's true and not easy to get a full server with ETPro 3.2.6, but there are also important security fixes in the client version of 2.60b. I think all admins should switch to new ETPro version, so the most people must install the new Version. Also I hope the ESL Europe rules change (on 24th) will help us.
ouroboro

Post by ouroboro »

Lazy clients are no reason to delay server updates. The more servers that update, the more likely clients will be to get their shit sorted. It's not even a big deal: have a renamed 2.60b executable that lives alongside your 2.60 version, with a shortcut to each.

This ain't rocket surgery. The problem is spreading the word to the drooling masses and making the simplicity of the solution very clear.
Please direct all gameplay-changing feature requests here.
deej

Post by deej »

ouroboro wrote:Lazy clients are no reason to delay server updates. The more servers that update, the more likely clients will be to get their shit sorted. It's not even a big deal: have a renamed 2.60b executable that lives alongside your 2.60 version, with a shortcut to each.

This ain't rocket surgery. The problem is spreading the word to the drooling masses and making the simplicity of the solution very clear.
/OT: rocket surgery??? ;)
Our servers now run on 64 bit steroids. Point your ET to:
- Forgotten Ground StopWatch Server with occasional wolfrof 1
- Fraggle Rock ETPub Server - Mix up ET/UT & Duke Nukem
nedd3h

Post by nedd3h »

ouroboro wrote:Lazy clients are no reason to delay server updates.
agree
ouroboro

Post by ouroboro »

deej wrote:
ouroboro wrote:Lazy clients are no reason to delay server updates. The more servers that update, the more likely clients will be to get their shit sorted. It's not even a big deal: have a renamed 2.60b executable that lives alongside your 2.60 version, with a shortcut to each.

/OT: rocket surgery??? ;)
;) There are two sayings in the US: "it's not rocket science" and "it's not brain surgery", both implying that the topic at hand isn't incredibly complicated or difficult. The saying "it ain't rocket surgery" is an intentionally ridiculous combination of the two, implying that the person being addressed would probably say it that way.
Please direct all gameplay-changing feature requests here.