ET Pro 3.2.6 Released!

Official ET Pro announcements here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Nellie-

Post by Nellie- »

ouroboro wrote:Lazy clients are no reason to delay server updates. The more servers that update, the more likely clients will be to get their shit sorted. It's not even a big deal: have a renamed 2.60b executable that lives alongside your 2.60 version, with a shortcut to each.

This ain't rocket surgery. The problem is spreading the word to the drooling masses and making the simplicity of the solution very clear.
Wait till Sunday when GTV switches.
-W0kk3L-

Post by -W0kk3L- »

nedd3h wrote:
ouroboro wrote:Lazy clients are no reason to delay server updates.
agree
Yeah right... i switch my server to 3.2.6 and all our players are gone (cause they don't want to change to 2.60b and go back to playing on 2.60 servers). Why should they.. just because of a new etpro version which is serverside). This will take time. I'm not going to spoil our top10 place in the most popular server list, just because of an update.

ETPro v3.2.6 is promoted on a large number of sites. Great, i would say. Too bad the clientupdate to v2.60b isn't to be found on all those newsposts. I know it's not ETPro's responsibility to promote this client update, but i believe it would have been a good thing if at least the link was included in the newspost.
Game on at CREW-NEXUS... running more than 25 gameservers @ 100mbit! Visit: http://www.crew-nexus.net/servers for connection info!!!
Fusen

Post by Fusen »

clanbase is updating on sunday and so is warleagues and ESL, plus gametv which means viewers will need to update, that covers the large majority of clan players/watchers

still leaves the whole pub scene, but as others have said you can't do anything about that unless the server admin updates and forces the clients to update.

try guiding the group instead of just following, and surely if your server is so successful it won't be much of a problem
________
buy no2 vaporizer
Last edited by Fusen on Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nedd3h

Post by nedd3h »

-W0kk3L- wrote:I'm not going to spoil our top10 place in the most popular server list, just because of an update.
it's admins like you that delay the process... ggs
K1M1

Post by K1M1 »

i agree, just leave the new etpro on, sonner or later they will have to update, if the clients are to lazy, well thats their fault, it just sucks, to have usually almoust full server, and now lookin at it, empty almoust for 2 days by now :/

but wth, u dont see much of 3.2.4 etpro mods on servers anymore, same will be with 3.2.5, just they have to figure it out, its rly better, and as for clan base, well if they wanna do scrims, theyll just have to update it !!!

would be much easier with progy, same as etpro starter, with 2 buttons, switchin mods, one after another, so yes im for the new one - its rocks

also u can read here - click me

tnx for explanation once again, bb
-W0kk3L-

Post by -W0kk3L- »

nedd3h wrote:
-W0kk3L- wrote:I'm not going to spoil our top10 place in the most popular server list, just because of an update.
it's admins like you that delay the process... ggs
Then so be it. It's also admins like me who run well populated and populair servers. And i'm not going to ruin that. If communication about the new ET v2.60b improves, i will upgrade, ofcourse, just not now...
k1m1 wrote: but wth, u dont see much of 3.2.4 etpro mods on servers anymore, same will be with 3.2.5, just they have to figure it out, its rly better, and as for clan base, well if they wanna do scrims, theyll just have to update it !!!
But those versions didn't require a ET client upgrade. The ETPro was downloaded automaticly and people could play at ones, without upgrading the rest. That is what it bugging me now. I would also like to benefit from the new features in ETPro v3.2.6, but not at the cost of loosing a large number of clients.
Game on at CREW-NEXUS... running more than 25 gameservers @ 100mbit! Visit: http://www.crew-nexus.net/servers for connection info!!!
Tron

Post by Tron »

http://splashdamage.com/index.php?name= ... ic&t=15575

No official reply so far. :( I guess they're too busy with Quakewars.
Lagger

Post by Lagger »

-W0kk3L-: You could use banners to advertise the change to 2.60b, and in the transitional phase add client version to etpro servers (which i can see you already have). When Your first 3.2.6 server starts filling up, convert the next one and so on.
-W0kk3L-

Post by -W0kk3L- »

Lagger wrote:-W0kk3L-: You could use banners to advertise the change to 2.60b, and in the transitional phase add client version to etpro servers (which i can see you already have). When Your first 3.2.6 server starts filling up, convert the next one and so on.
That banner/newspost@frontpage is already up for a few days now. Even all files (incl the patch) are mirrored @ 100mbit. And not a single player logged on in those days. In the meantime, the other 4 servers are max-filled.

The ET v2.60b needs to be promoted globally, before anyone will switch.
mortis

Post by mortis »

It needs to be required by Splashdamage if the servers want to appear on the master list. That will speed the upgrade process.
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

Tron wrote:http://splashdamage.com/index.php?name= ... ic&t=15575

No official reply so far. :( I guess they're too busy with Quakewars.
It's not really anything to do with SD. ETPro caused this problem by 1) requirint a particulare .exe 2) taking a really long time to make a compatible release.

However, I expect it will work itself out once the leagues switch. That will force most of the league players to switch, which will in turn encourage the pubs they play on to switch.
send lawyers, guns and money
SlAppY

Post by SlAppY »

People still play on the pre-2.60 servers :roll:
Sparhawk

Post by Sparhawk »

McSteve, Head Admin on GhosTworkS Public (213.230.209.87:27970) has asked me to post a message from him because his login has not yet been approved.

-----------------------------------

First off, many thanks yet again to the ETPro team for helping to keep ET moving forward. Like the rest of the ETPro-using community, I am indebted to the hard-work of others and like to give something back whenever I can. To this end, plz see below.

Ghostworks have updated their servers now, and to make things easier for our members (many are only casual players) I have made an installer to automate the client update process. All this does is copy the .exe files into the relevant directory (user can specify). Obviously it is NOT AN OFFICIAL RELEASE but since I thought it may help others I thought I might as well do some links. Chances are that anyone who keeps up with Bani forums will have absolutely no problems doing the manual swap, but I'm just trying to share wherever it may be useful. I made one to revert back to 2.60 too (boo!), just for the hell of it.

www.bogeylicker.co.uk/et/ET-2.60b-installer.exe
www.bogeylicker.co.uk/et/ET-2.60-revert.exe

Or both in a zip file:
www.bogeylicker.co.uk/et/ET2_60b_installer.zip

WINDOWS ONLY!

This thread has already shown the reluctance that some server admins are having towards the updates. I myself hesitated a bit but soon realised that it is in everyone's best interests if all the ETPro servers out there update asap to prevent an unnecessary divide forming.

Regards

GhosT:McSteve

----------------------------------
nedd3h

Post by nedd3h »

don't forget to update the front page!
Grim|EFG

Post by Grim|EFG »