ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

post or link the .campaign file please.

gotenks
do you have an example ?
send lawyers, guns and money
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

unfortunately not... i found out it was either a refrence to a .campaign file (in the campaign rotation) or an impropperly formatted .campaign file... i found out about it after it was on fueldump for 8 hrs and i was in a hurry to fix it so i was changing several things at once
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
The Birdman

Post by The Birdman »

I found this always happens when i have more then 15 pk3's in the etmain server folder.

I know 5 pk3's have to be taken up with :

pak0, pak1, pak2, mp_bin and the campaign pk3

this leaves me with 10 custom pk3 maps i can use.

If i exceed 15 pk3's (ie add an 11th custom map or forget to delete one that i'm now not using) the last map of the campaign goes into a never ending loop with xpsave forever (which btw i always run fueldump as last map in every campaign i write)

Just thought it might be 16 pk3's (too late for me to test atm 00:15am), but my server gets locked into a never ending loop on the last map of the campaign, with xpsave forever (not to sure if it remembers your xp, if say you logged out tonight and rejoined the next night, as i've always fixed it once i noticed it was stuck and i'd left to many pk3's in etmain folder). But i'm guessing it would remember your xp as the campaign is stuck on the last map, so the campaign is never restarting to reset your xp to zero.
Server 212.187.208.13:27960

Visit our clan site
Roadie

Post by Roadie »

map baserace
{
set g_userTimeLimit 75
}

Is what the end of the server.cfg says, it apparently got cut off.

All this does is change the default time on the map to 75 minutes as opposed to it's default of 30 minutes.

This is the only way I've ever seen the time-limit changed. It works, why mess with it?

Since I work on weekends, and have not actually been able to join my server or play for the last several days, I joined it today to find XPSave still in place.

I'll keep messing with it until I figure out why.
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

Roadie wrote:map baserace
{
set g_userTimeLimit 75
}
You cannot use .config syntax in a .cfg.

It only happens to work because

Code: Select all

map baserace
and

Code: Select all

set g_userTimeLimit 75
are valid commands. The braces just cause errors. If you had other maps in rotation, it wouldn't work.

As I said before, posting the .campaign file would help.
send lawyers, guns and money
Roadie

Post by Roadie »

{
name "Clan -=WarTorn=- BaseRace XPSave"
shortname "cmpgn_wt_br_xps"
description "Welcome to WarTorn's Public ETPro Baserace server*We run one campaign of 10 rounds of Baserace*XP saves until campaign's end*Campaign Baserace*Maps: *baserace*baserace*baserace*baserace*baserace*baserace*baserace*baserace*baserace*baserace"
maps "baserace;baserace;baserace;baserace;baserace;baserace;baserace;baserace;baserace;baserace"
mapTC 374 374
type "wolfmp"
}

Is the campaign file, including the campaigncycle.cfg would be relatively useless as it only exec's the campaign in a repetitive cycle.

Incidently, I've run the identical campaign using the previous basrace_b3a map, with an identical campaign script, barring the change of the .bsp name. The previous map reset XP at the end of the 10 map round as it should.