Possibly
50%
No
28%

Total votes: 18

Ph0g

Banimod Class Selection Script

Post by Ph0g »

I created a class selection script loosesly based on ]CkB[Cowboy's original script.

Here is what it does:

-Hit F5 to switch to soldier, tap it again to cycle through different weapons

-Hit F6 to switch to lieutenant, tap it again to cycle through different weapons

-Hit F7 to switch to engineer, tap it again to cycle through different weapons

-Hit F8 to switch to medic, tap it again to cycle through different weapons

-Hit F9 to switch to spy, tap it again to cycle through different banimod classes (spy, scout, pilot, CO)

-Hit F10 to reset your class

NOTE: The script uses a counter when you cycle through banimod classes so that it can automaticaly disable any current banimod classes before switching to a normal wolf class. Because of this, you risk messing it up by using the /scout or /spy or /co or /pilot commands manualy, but if you do use one on accident, make sure to use it twice.

If you want to test the script out you can contact me on MSN (Ph0g@hotmail.com) or AIM (Ph0g666), i don't check my e-mail so don't bother.
I am Ph0g, you are not.
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

argh it's sooo hard to remember to hit the f keys instead of typing it in... lol
it's actually pretty cool other than that... bu bu bu... where's the crack... i wanna vote that crack vote... :crying:

:jump: (i finially got to use them... lol still not necessary though)
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
Ph0g

Post by Ph0g »

Its not just for banimod classes, its for wolf classes too......
I am Ph0g, you are not.
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

i know but if you type in /spy then /co then use a console command you go all to heck... i had to quit before it came back... but i am starting to get the hang of it
-one off topic question- has anyone heard of configuring a game pad??? i was surfing the qgw newsgroup and someone said they configured one... i think they're full of it but just wondering
My Website
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

FH0g EYE tHINK YUOAR SKRIpT IS REL GUd BUT KAN U mAEK A SKRIPT tU AiMBOT !!1!!!
Ph0g

Post by Ph0g »

Bani....ummm....right....

People voted no on my lovely script :cry:

But all the testers liked it :D
I am Ph0g, you are not.
Ariem

I just bind the ones i use.

Post by Ariem »

I just /bind , . / to the three classes I use the most, Lt, Med, Scout (or spy if I am in the mood to die alot.)... so this script is just alot of extra work for me... but it sound like this script could with some moding, be useful for other things... I also sometimes, when playing with noobs that like the /callvote bind callvotes to change gravity (back to 800...) and that sort of thing...
°¿°
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

why bind callvote to 800???? if the majority wants it don't spam vote with change it back... i like 800 myself... but if everyon else wants lower i give up
My Website
Ph0g

Post by Ph0g »

What do you mean alot of extra work for you?

What do you mean moding?

You gotta be a bit more specific.....and ofcourse wall all have our common classes but there will always be a occasional time a class you don't normaly uses becomes necessary.

I think the biggest reason i made this script was because i got tired of having to turn off my banimod classes before switching to a wolf class, sometimes I forgot and would end up as the wrong class :(.

Also, you were saying you just bind the classes you use most, well you can't choose your weapon using that method, my script takes care of that without forcing you to use extra buttons.
I am Ph0g, you are not.
Ariem

I am just saying for me...

Post by Ariem »

that if I were to try to use this it would slow me down... the new/improved sound's better but still off... if you like it go for it, if not just delete it and start over.
°¿°
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

*uses stickies above f5-f10 to remember what class it generates...
it's really simple... just remember what class you like the most...
hit f7 once you get an engineer with a sten
hit f7 again and you get an engineer with a thompson??? i can't remember but oh well...
hit f9 once and you get a spy... it even tells you you have a poisin knife... phog must forget once in a while
hit f9 again and you get a scout
next is pilot
then co

it really iis usefull... once you get used to it
My Website
Ariem

Post by Ariem »

Wow, knife boy said something intelligent for once...

hehe, yea I know, it's just hard to take up new things when they don't work well with others... sort of like... sort of like, me!
°¿°
Ph0g

Post by Ph0g »

Ariem, the reason i made this script wasn't really to make it easier to select a banimod class, it was to make it easier to quickly choose a wolfenstein class without having to cancel your banimod class....i got sick of spawning thinking i was engineer, then right before i got to the armed allied dynamite and hit 5 on my keyboard.....I find out my pliers have morphed into smoke canisters and i get blown to hell by the dynamite a few seconds later :(.

Besides, i bet you don't know how to bind normal wolf classes to a key, and even if you do, you have to have different binds for every weapon.

So basicaly, unless you ALWAYS use a banimod class, there is no way this script can slow you down.

The only real downside of the script is that it can still be messed up by two things:

- Using commands manualy
- Trying to use the script between games (works fine in warmup, but not between games when score chart is up)

And what did you mean it sounds like it could be useful for other things with moding? Like what? What other scripts would you all find useful? I made this script just for you ariem:

bind F12 "say PLEASE DON'T KILL ME, MY GUN GOT JAMMED AND I CAN'T SHOOT, IT WOULD BE DIS-HONERABLE TO SHOOT ME, DON'T SHOOT ME!;wait 100;+attack"
I am Ph0g, you are not.
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

speaking of funny binds
once someone asked me how to be a spy... and i was in a rare mood so i told them
type this in /bind mouse1 spy
then this /bind mouse2 special1

after they typed it in they couldn't change back and i didn't know how to change back either... it was really funny
My Website
Black Adder

Post by Black Adder »

gotenks wrote:speaking of funny binds
once someone asked me how to be a spy... and i was in a rare mood so i told them
type this in /bind mouse1 spy
then this /bind mouse2 special1
... it was really funny
LOL, that is better than killing noob with poison knife :lol: