Fusen pwned the cheaters

Discussion for any ET/ETPro/BayonET bugs or cheats you find...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

deej

Fusen pwned the cheaters

Post by deej »

Kudos to Fusen for owning netcoders.be 8).

Too bad it looks like he only dl'ed the databases and not the code of the cheats themselves, might have given a boost to IAC ;).
Our servers now run on 64 bit steroids. Point your ET to:
- Forgotten Ground StopWatch Server with occasional wolfrof 1
- Fraggle Rock ETPub Server - Mix up ET/UT & Duke Nukem
mortis

Post by mortis »

I hope they have plenty of lube, because fusen rode them like a dime store pony.
nUllSkillZ

Re: Fusen pwned the cheaters

Post by nUllSkillZ »

deej wrote: Too bad it looks like he only dl'ed the databases and not the code of the cheats themselves, might have given a boost to IAC ;).
May be he has and hasn't told.
squadjot

Post by squadjot »

gg Fusen, your not a cocks****r in my book anymore ;)
Igloo

Post by Igloo »

Yeah, n1 Fusen, hope there will be less cheaters in et scene :x
Luk4ward

Post by Luk4ward »

http://www.ggl.com/news.php?NewsId=4423
http://www.esreality.com/?a=post&id=1296736

in german:
http://www.giga.de/2/news/00135736_der_ ... s_mit_den/

yes, g8 job. I was so happy when i read this...And sad too...because of the lack in knowledge of admins (pl) about AC services&pb...
wolFTeam.pl
ouroboro

Post by ouroboro »

My favorite parts of this drama are the personal threats against Fusen. These clowns make tens of thousands of dollars by violating numerous software licenses, yet they threaten to sue a guy for peeking through a hole in their forum.

Pure comedy gold.
Please direct all gameplay-changing feature requests here.
deej

Post by deej »

ouroboro wrote:My favorite parts of this drama are the personal threats against Fusen. These clowns make tens of thousands of dollars by violating numerous software licenses, yet they threaten to sue a guy for peeking through a hole in their forum.

Pure comedy gold.
All you have to do to piss them off even more is report the cheat creators to their local IRS / tax office. Wanna bet they made all that money without "declaring" it ;)?
Our servers now run on 64 bit steroids. Point your ET to:
- Forgotten Ground StopWatch Server with occasional wolfrof 1
- Fraggle Rock ETPub Server - Mix up ET/UT & Duke Nukem
Xeon_vl

Post by Xeon_vl »

<3 fusen!!!!
nice bust, biggest catch in ET history so far, and a nice stroke for their egos

http://bani.anime.net/banimod/forums/vi ... ght=shiven
wipeout

Post by wipeout »

ouroboro wrote:My favorite parts of this drama are the personal threats against Fusen. These clowns make tens of thousands of dollars by violating numerous software licenses, yet they threaten to sue a guy for peeking through a hole in their forum.

Pure comedy gold.
In case they're european (I guess Pansemuckl is german), they're only violating one software license (ET's).
Software licenses are usually not valid in Europe. At least if you bought the product/software on a data medium (e.g. a CD), because the purchase contract already allows you to use the product.
If there's no data medium (e.g. you downloaded the software), these software licenses are legally binding. However, local law > software license: a software license can't prohibit you to do things, local law allows you to do.

But software is protected by copyright (WIPO Copyright Treaty).
I guess you can't code a cheat without reverse engineering. And this is e.g. in Germany (based on a european directive) only allowed when:
1. the producer allows you to,
2. you want to fix a bug/flaw,
3. you want to create interoperability (same as in DMCA).
So, if they find a good reason why they are creating interoperability, then their actions are absolutely legal (in Germany/Europe).
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

wipeout wrote: So, if they find a good reason why they are creating interoperability, then their actions are absolutely legal (in Germany/Europe).
Advice from internet forum lawyers is worth every penny you pay for it.
send lawyers, guns and money
Nellie-

Post by Nellie- »

It's what fusen's basing his defence on =)))

13345 (@fusen) from a UK lawyer on a forum I visit
ouroboro

Post by ouroboro »

Nellie- wrote:It's what fusen's basing his defence on =)))

13345 (@fusen) from a UK lawyer on a forum I visit
If it actually gets to the point that he needs a defense, I'll do a backflip.

Note that I have an ever-expanding waistline, due to an incurable love for high-calorie microbrews, making a backflip nearly impossible.
Please direct all gameplay-changing feature requests here.
Nail

Post by Nail »

defense ?

They say they have lawyers, for what ?
why the hell would they have lawyers, they aren't an incorporated company, or even a llc, just mouthy little no-lifes who think they are above negative reactions. They got owned by their own stupidity. If they were half as good of coders as they profess to be, they could write an unbeatable anti-cheat that could immediately get them more income than 20 or 30 $125 hacks and set them up in business proper. They claim to hate punkbuster, why not write a better anti-cheat and take over pb's business. It's all very laughable, the posts on their forum are a good indication of the intelligence level of the whole bunch (approx 13yrs old)
Neix
[nC] Neix

Groans: 7
Groaned at 82 Times in 19 Posts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 790.93
Donate
3 Hours Ago
Be the best nC, F**k the rest, Crossfire, Fusen... you f**ked with 1 person now your pissed off about 200+ peopel.. and lets say League gaming wont be the same... EVER again.. also.. your websites gonna have a bit of downtime when me and Asy team it, with our lil progs :P
Also, nC its good to see everyone keeping there heads up, this is what its all about coming together to be 1 big family and getting sweet ass revenge on something that we were attacked for where he did absoutely nothing wrong, i mean we didn't launch attacks on crossfire..... yet they launched an attack on us.. lets watch them fall victims.

We dont die, we'll mutiply also.

Release Free Bots > They Like Them> Want Better Bots> Buy etBot/Rshook etc = More money and customers :P

Or if we just wanna f**k them all i ha da thought release a bot.. pb proof excelent stuff on it after 10 days of using it.. sends a message to home server.. and forces the execution of a command line :P and then FORMAT! hahah
admitting an attack on a website isn't good business, Fusen didn't attack the site, he just figured out an admin password (the "Super Hacker" used the same password for all his accounts) I'd say he was fairly safe from any prosecution or charges

[edit] It seems they took all the threats down from their site, good thing some of us documented them
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome
Nail

Post by Nail »

Improvise, Adapt, Overcome