ETPro doesnt like nvidia?

Discussion for any ET/ETPro/BayonET bugs or cheats you find...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Dazzle_

ETPro doesnt like nvidia?

Post by Dazzle_ »

well, i dont know if there has been already a topic about this, been a bit off...

but i made myself a new pc with a Nvidia Geforce 7600 GT but now the problem im getting in ET is, i cant see anything on my command map anymore (not on the limbo map nor when i press G) (where to plant dyna, where spawns are, where truck is etc etc...)

but there is one way i can see them and thats when im dead and waiting for reinforcements (spawntime) so when im waiting to get revived

i only have this problem on servers with etpro, dont have it on servers with other mods

quite a few ppl told me that its a prob with etpro and something with the drivers of nvidia, they told me to install the old drivers again

now my question is: is this true or can something else be done about this??

Thx

Dazzle_
zinx

Post by zinx »

It's true, and has also been worked around in newer ETPro releases.
Zinx Verituse http://zinx.xmms.org/
Dazzle_

Post by Dazzle_ »

well the thing is, i have it on etpro 2.0.0 and on etpro 3.2.6 which i think is the latest version ;) and whats true? installing the old drivers? but the prob there is, cant find old drivers :s
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

Dazzle_ wrote:well the thing is, i have it on etpro 2.0.0 and on etpro 3.2.6 which i think is the latest version ;) and whats true? installing the old drivers? but the prob there is, cant find old drivers :s
If you use 32 bit textures, the command map icons will work in 3.2.6.

With your video card, there is absolutely no reason to use 16 bit textures.

The next release of etpro will completely fix this problem. (or rather, work around the stupid bug nvidia refuses to fix in a much better way. :x)
send lawyers, guns and money
Dazzle_

Post by Dazzle_ »

oright, cool

could you maybe give me all cmds regarding the textures plz thx ^^
cuz i also got my depthbits on 16 and i dont know if those need to be 32 aswell

bah, i'll just type the cmd's i have which contain "textures" and let me know which i need to change ok :p

seta "r_depthbits" "16"
seta "r_detailtexture" "16"
seta "r_detailtextures" "0"
seta "r_preloadTextures" "0"
seta "r_textureMode" "GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_NEAREST"
seta "r_texturebits" "16"

right, so those are the texture cmds ive got
but besides that i got another question which has nothing to do with etpro but ive been asking around and none seems to know so i'll try my luck here :)

sometimes when im about to play a match, it shud auto record and take a screenshot at the end of the round of who won the round, but sometimes it does and sometimes it doesnt, if you could help me out, would be splended :)

would appreciate if you ppl could answer all my questions

i know you lot are thinking now *sigh, another noob*

but anyway thx in advance

Dazzle_
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

Dazzle_ wrote: seta "r_depthbits" "16"
seta "r_detailtexture" "16"
seta "r_detailtextures" "0"
seta "r_preloadTextures" "0"
seta "r_textureMode" "GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_NEAREST"
seta "r_texturebits" "16"
r_detailtexture (no s) does not exist. Neither does r_preloadTextures

r_texturebits 32 is what you should use to fix the command map icons.

You might get accused of wallhacking with r_depthbits 16, it can cause a lot of z-fighting.
but besides that i got another question which has nothing to do with etpro but ive been asking around and none seems to know so i'll try my luck here :)

sometimes when im about to play a match, it shud auto record and take a screenshot at the end of the round of who won the round, but sometimes it does and sometimes it doesnt, if you could help me out, would be splended :)
Not really enough information to say anything. All this should be controlled by the cg_autoaction cvar.
send lawyers, guns and money
Dazzle_

Post by Dazzle_ »

right, so i should change the depthbits to 0? tho its not considered as wallhacking lol, most cfg's i seen have it :s but meh, so r_depthbits 0 right?

besides that, ive heard some ppl talking about cg_autoaction 7, so it might be that right?

Anyway, thx for the help you've already given me ^^
Cheer

Dazzle_