ETDED.exe custom patching Giving error

Discussion for Admins of ETPro/BayonET servers.
If you don't run a server, please don't post here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

tannercollin655

ETDED.exe custom patching Giving error

Post by tannercollin655 »

Since I am a loyal etpro user and trickjumper I tried to use this 2.60b backwards comparability patch on my server. The patch is apparently exacally like the 2.60b etded.exe with a small change, but the console is saying the server was installed incorrectly and I get an invalid et.exe error.

Is there anything I can do to let etpro accept the change? The patch works on all other mods by letting players from 2.55 connect to servers on 2.60b.

I want to stick with etpro for my trickjump server, but want 2.55 players.

Is there any way to fix this or get a 2.55 version of etpro 3.2.6?
I know that your intentions of placing these securities in etpro are to be official but etpro does have much more potential then just fragging for both versions of ET.

Thanks for your help,
Tanner
WeblionX

Post by WeblionX »

The 2.60(b) updates contain security fixes and all users should be using the latest version. I can guarantee you won't see an official release of ETPro for 2.55.
Got any old idtech3 tutorials you made or saved? Send them my way.
tannercollin655

Post by tannercollin655 »

WeblionX wrote:The 2.60(b) updates contain security fixes and all users should be using the latest version. I can guarantee you won't see an official release of ETPro for 2.55.
Yes but the patched etded.exe ALSO contains the same updates and security fixes as 2.60b
Micha!

Post by Micha! »

It's not possible to play the patched etpro with 2.55. ( I mean higher versions then 2.0.7)
Last 2.55 etpro is 2.0.7 or unofficial etpro like this:
http://www.gs2175.fastdl.de/etpro/etpro ... loaded.rar