Dear Bani

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

MorsTua

Dear Bani

Post by MorsTua »

Dear Bani.

2 years ago i used to play et with etpro and no antilag and a wonderfull ping 48. Everything was perfect and this game was cool.

Now i am back after some inactivity, with ping 48. I hardly hit what i aim cause laggy shots and people warping during the sprint. People tell me it's due to antilag. Probably something is true, cause the game's phisic is radically changed and sure not changed better.

Now a question is growing inside me. If it's true, Why advantage who pings 98 (30% of players) and disavantage who pings 48 (70%)?

And last question,for all not just for u: " why snaps are forced to 20 when even a kid of 9 years old knows that higher snaps = lower pings and less lag?" In rtcw u can do the test. snaps 20 ping 53 snaps 40 ping 48. PLZ,people, don't tell me it doesnt make any difference. If it would make ANY difference u wouldnt bother urself to force them to the lower number. It makes no sense, it's a contradiction.

And if it does make difference (i think it does) at least (and this is my opinion) force them to 40, not 20!

Thank u.
Last edited by MorsTua on Thu May 10, 2007 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
|
|
|======My song, B O O M h e a d s h o t is out === Download it! ==== >> use ID guest pass guest or register, it's free
gotenks

Re: Dear Bani

Post by gotenks »

MorsTua wrote:snaps 20 ping 53 snaps 40 ping 48. PLZ,people, don't tell me it doesnt make any difference. If it would make ANY difference u wouldnt bother urself to force them to the lower number. It makes no sense, it's a contradiction.
it should match the sv_fps which is 20, you get no advantage in having it any different then that... if you use 21 you actually get a disadvantage, using 40 you get the same number of server snapshots as you do if you have 20, which is 20
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
MorsTua

Post by MorsTua »

can't snaps just be forced to 40 ?
i am not expert in programming... i only know 2 things

1.et was better 2 years ago without antilag and probably better hitboxes.
2.with snaps 40 i have less lag and better hitting

that's all i know
|
|
|======My song, B O O M h e a d s h o t is out === Download it! ==== >> use ID guest pass guest or register, it's free
jump3r

Post by jump3r »

1.et was better 2 years ago without antilag and probably better hitboxes.
you can disable antilag yourself, simply type /b_antilag 0 to the console.
MorsTua wrote:i am not expert in programming...
so i wonder why dont you just shut the fuck up?
ogrec

Post by ogrec »

MorsTua wrote:People tell me it's due to antilag.
only ignorant idiots could tell you that
MorsTua wrote:...cause the game's phisic is radically changed and sure not changed better.
And you couldnt be more wrong. Antiwarp prevents ppl from warping, also you can only benifit from antilag (and i doubt you ever played without antilag since et has antilag on by default, only difference is that you're now using etpro antilag instead of etmain's). And not to mention that hitboxes are a lot better now then they were 2 years ago.

bottom line - you didnt play 2 years, you forgot how to play and how the game looked, but you remeber that you were better before and you relate your past skill level to a lot more buged game, which is ofc wrong. Play a few months, get skill back and you'll see that the game is a lot better now.

I would lock/delete this stupid topic if i were admin.
MorsTua

Post by MorsTua »

First of all i dont get why jump3r is so fucking arrogant. Probably he is a kid nolife that doesnt know the meaning of the word "democracy".

For ogrec, i never stopped to play. I switched from rtcw to et, from et to rtcw and now to et again. I didnt forget how to play.U aren't talkin to a noob but to someone that tried everything. Adsl, isdn, 56k, and now wadsl. Radio adsl sent through 30 km. I tested all netsettings, so i think i know what i am talkin about.

I still think that the phisic of the game is radically changed. Theory is one thing, pratice is another thing and sure i dont get advantage from antilag.

And about snaps? If everyone has to be same snaps, then force them to the maximum number not to the minimum...it seems so fucking logic to me...
|
|
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

MorsTua wrote: Now i am back after some inactivity, with ping 48. I hardly hit what i aim cause laggy shots and people warping during the sprint. People tell me it's due to antilag. Probably something is true, cause the game's phisic is radically changed and sure not changed better.
These people are wrong.
Now a question is growing inside me. If it's true, Why advantage who pings 98 (30% of players) and disavantage who pings 48 (70%)?
It doesn't
And last question,for all not just for u: " why snaps are forced to 20 when even a kid of 9 years old knows that higher snaps = lower pings and less lag?" In rtcw u can do the test. snaps 20 ping 53 snaps 40 ping 48. PLZ,people, don't tell me it doesnt make any difference. If it would make ANY difference u wouldnt bother urself to force them to the lower number. It makes no sense, it's a contradiction.
Snaps > sv_fps doesn't do anything useful. In etpro, sv_fps is locked at 20, because other values break things. The only thing larger values of snaps might do is screw up rate limiting, causing you to get rate limited before you should.

edit:
BTW, I see you were already given a cluepon in this thread http://bani.anime.net/banimod/forums/vi ... php?t=6590 Please remember cluepons are limited to 1 per customer.
Last edited by ReyalP on Fri May 11, 2007 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
send lawyers, guns and money
deej

Post by deej »

Our servers now run on 64 bit steroids. Point your ET to:
- Forgotten Ground StopWatch Server with occasional wolfrof 1
- Fraggle Rock ETPub Server - Mix up ET/UT & Duke Nukem