Unwanted spoofer!

Discussion for any ET/ETPro/BayonET bugs or cheats you find...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

bira

Unwanted spoofer!

Post by bira »

Hey guys!
I have this really annoying problem.
Ever since I bought myself a new computerset I'm getting new etpro-guids everytime I reboot my computer.
I've tried everything, new installs etc.

Does anyone know why this is happening and/or if there is a solution?

My new setup is:

- MSI P965 NEO-F, P965, Socket-775, ATX, SATAII, GbLAN, DDR2, PCI-Ex16
- Gainward GeForce 7600GS 256MB Passive
- Corsair Value S. PC5300 DDR2 1024MB Kit w/two matched Value Select 512MB
- Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 2.13GHz Socket LGA775, 2MB, BOXED m/fläkt
- Samsung SpinPoint P120S 250GB SATA2
- Sunsway/ST Lab PCIe SATA II 300 RAID 2P (SiL3132 PCI Express x1)
- Microsoft Ergonomic keyboard (not new)
- Logitech MX 518

And I know: etpro guids are insecure (or smth) and should not be used :)

But worth a try to get rid of this crap.

Thnx in advance
Bira
zinx

Post by zinx »

ETPro GUIDs are unreliable and should not be used for anything. ;)
(And yes, I know you "know" :) )
Zinx Verituse http://zinx.xmms.org/
bira

Post by bira »

ah shit, unreliable was the word!
But the disturbing thing is that cb is using the etpro-guids so I really would want to fix it :/
I'm thinking it might have smth to do with using c2d or raid+1 but I cant come to any good conclusion :/
Tron

Post by Tron »

Well, I can at least assure you it's not the C2D since mine (and other people's) doesn't cause that. My bet would be on the RAID (adapter), having read the hard disk is one of the determining factor for the GUID. Maybe there's a BIOS update which could help...?
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

bira wrote:ah shit, unreliable was the word!
But the disturbing thing is that cb is using the etpro-guids so I really would want to fix it :/
I'm thinking it might have smth to do with using c2d or raid+1 but I cant come to any good conclusion :/
CB has been repeatedly and clearly told by the makers of etpro, that etpro GUIDs are unreliable and should not be used. The fact that they still insist on using them as a primary identifier is purely their problem.

edit:
If you want to refer them to this thread, or if any of them want to ask us in person in IRC, we would be happy (or at least willing) to repeat this statement to them.
send lawyers, guns and money
bira

Post by bira »

Hey guys!

I have now updated the drivers for my raid-adapter and nothing works as it should. I'm still given new etpro-guids.

The problem is just that ppl call me a spoofer and cheater because I always get new etpro-guids and its fairly annoying :/
Also ladders/tournaments force you to have a constat etpro-guid wich makes it a bit rough :/

So all tips and tricks would be very appriciated :)

Thnx for all help!
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

bira wrote:So all tips and tricks would be very appriciated :)
you have 2 options... afaik, the only 2 options available
1. download and use a cheat that allows you to actually spoof an etpro guid, as then you can have a stable guid
2. only play in tourni's, leagues, and ladders run by people who can actually understand that the system is broken
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
squadjot

Post by squadjot »

Luk4ward

Post by Luk4ward »

gotenks wrote: 1. download and use a cheat that allows you to actually spoof an etpro guid, as then you can have a stable guid
Have u tried it? Maybe im wrong, but i saw many times on pbbans that users of such tool are now detecting by punkbuster with multihack or smth.
wolFTeam.pl
Spoofeh

Post by Spoofeh »

ReyalP wrote: If you want to refer them to this thread, or if any of them want to ask us in person in IRC, we would be happy (or at least willing) to repeat this statement to them.
It's a safe bet that they will ignore this fact until you remove the etpro GUIDs entirely. :P
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

Luk4ward wrote:
gotenks wrote: 1. download and use a cheat that allows you to actually spoof an etpro guid, as then you can have a stable guid
Have u tried it? Maybe im wrong, but i saw many times on pbbans that users of such tool are now detecting by punkbuster with multihack or smth.
i hate to say it, but there are alot of cheats that still are undetected...
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

Spoofeh wrote:
ReyalP wrote: If you want to refer them to this thread, or if any of them want to ask us in person in IRC, we would be happy (or at least willing) to repeat this statement to them.
It's a safe bet that they will ignore this fact until you remove the etpro GUIDs entirely. :P
Or make them meaningless/random for everyone. One of these is likely to happen since CB insist on being idiots about it.

*shrug*
send lawyers, guns and money
Nail

Post by Nail »

that's what happens when the line of people with their heads up each other's butt becomes a circle
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome
bira

Post by bira »

Haha, thnx for all creative help guys! ;)
Well, I can't understand why in hell they're not using pb-guids instead of etpro when even the authors say that it sucks and shouldnt be used :P

but I guess this isn't their prob. so I'm gona blow my computer once again very soon wich prob. will give me very new id's and I'll see what happends after that.

Bah...its all just so fking annoying...

And everyone is sure that there is no way to screw up your guids with a config right? So that there hasn't been some weirdness in my cfg or smth...

Cya!
bira

New discover

Post by bira »

Hey guys!

I've noticed that the etkey doesnt always change if I do a reboot, but it's sure to be changing if I turn of the power. + its definitly not the etkey that is changing..must be some hardware. Could anyone have a guess on what it might be? Does etproguid use any windows-file for creating the hash?

Bira