Unwanted spoofer!

Discussion for any ET/ETPro/BayonET bugs or cheats you find...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

etkey is connected to your pb guid, not etpro guid.
send lawyers, guns and money
bira

Post by bira »

Oh crap, then I've been trying to fix the working guid xD
But well, it is based on harddrive and MAC-Address? or is mac-add only for linux-users? Hmm, I have a incorrectly registered windows..that might be a problem? Well, I let it be this way, CB-Admins have given me ok to play with it this way so I'll try with a fresh and proper windows-install when I have collected my key from school :P

But I'm so fking curious about the prob xD

Well, case closed I guess :)

Thnx for all help guys! (both useable and unusable ;D)
bira

Post by bira »

Been searching around and the combo windows + activations/id's based on hardware-id isnt very reliable. Found several software that uses this type of activation and every now and then there is users that has problems with either using the software or activation.
Most of the times the user are using a raid-set wich probably is the reason to why it keeps giving new hardware-id.

Why I keep writing in this thread? Want to help out people that might be in the same situation :P

Examples:
http://forum.fscloud9.it/viewtopic.php? ... e3fd9ab401
http://www.indigorose.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12570
bira

Post by bira »

Okey so I though "fck this shit I'm so tired of it that I just shove in a crap old 4gb IDE-drive and it will come to an end" - "bwaha! in you'r face retard", was the answer. Still getting different guids after the comp. been off for 5-10min.

So etpro guid must be based on smth more. What? No idea. My mac-address doesnt change at all. Neither does my IP or anything else that comes to mind. Mabye it gather some info from my onboard-stuff or smth else that might be motherboard-related (though it did actually start when I bought my new harddrives and started to use raid :/) that doesnt return the same string all the time.

Conclusion: ETPro Guids are REALLY unreliable and shall not be used for anything other than...uh...can't even come up with anything...

Cheers guys, gl & hf with Enemy Territory