Hello,

I have 3 questions.. so:

1. I try to start .sh file. Error:

Code: Select all

ettvd@Debian-31-sarge-32-LAMP:~/et/ettvd$ ./start.sh
: bad interpreter: No such file or directory
ettvd@Debian-31-sarge-32-LAMP:~/et/ettvd$      
ettvd@Debian-31-sarge-32-LAMP:~/et/ettvd$ php ettvd.php

Parse error: parse error, unexpected '&', expecting T_VARIABLE or '$' in /home/ettvd/et/ettvd/ettvd.php on line 152

ettvd@Debian-31-sarge-32-LAMP:~/et/ettvd$ ./start.sh
: bad interpreter: No such file or directory
Chmod is of course set to start.sh from root. Seems it starts, but daemon (111 port) on www panel not works & connection refused. Yeah, file nohup.out was created with the following info:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected '&', expecting T_VARIABLE or '$' in /home/ettvd/et/ettvd/ettvd.php on line 152

ettvd.class.php:

var $ip       = '88.198.55.122';         // ettvd ip
   var $port     = 27969;          // ettvd port
   var $password = '';         // guess what?
config.php (www tool):

$ettvd = array(
/*
 * ETTVD
 * Set these to the same values as your ETTVd's config.php (top of the file)
 */
'host' => '88.198.55.122',
'port' => '27969',
'pass' => ''
);
config.php (ettvd):

define("ETTVIP","88.198.55.122"); // Everything will be bound to this ip
define("CONTROLPORT","27969");    // Port the deamon will listen for commands
define("CONTROLPASS","boot");   // Password needed for the control deamon
define("TRUSTIP1","255.255.255.255"); // Allows whitelisting of ip's to connect to ettvd - 255 works as wildcard.
                                      // By default connections are accepted from every ip

define("RECDIR","/home/ettvd/et");              // Dir the recorders ettv.x86 lies in
define("REPDIR","/home/ettvd/et");              // Dir the replayers ettv.x86 lies in (usually the same as RECDIR)
define("DEMODIR","/home/ettvd/et/demos");       // Dir the demos will be stored in (has to exist)

define('REP_1_SLOTS'  , 5);  // Total slots
define('REP_1_PRIVATE', 0); // Private slots
define('REP_1_PORT'   , 27969); // Port
define('REP_1_CONFIG' , 'server.cfg');  // Config (replayer.cfg if not set or empty)
All I was editing... and also, as on the ettv site is written I replaced the line in one file. Why it's not working?

2. If I set everything, can I join to the chosen server by www-tool? Any, or I have to add some commands? I don't understand this thing.

3. Is this correct?

#!/bin/sh

nice -n-4 su root -c "nohup php5 ettvd.php &"

And I try to run the ETTV on the dedicated machine... it's all. Thanks for further replies!

Greetings,
Igloo
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

ettvd questions should be directed at the ettvd team. ETTVd is a third party script which has nothing to do with the ETPRO/ETTV team. See http://wolfwiki.anime.net/index.php/ETTVd
send lawyers, guns and money
Igloo

Post by Igloo »

Yeah, but arni would answer me about it.. as he posted an "ettvd new version" thread some time ago :wink: He didn't even read my previous PM, so I don't know what to do.

Greetings,
Igloo
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

Igloo wrote:Yeah, but arni would answer me about it.. as he posted an "ettvd new version" thread some time ago :wink: He didn't even read my previous PM, so I don't know what to do.

Greetings,
Igloo
Lets see if I can make this clear THE ETPRO TEAM HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ETTVd. ETTVd is an OPTIONAL third party script.

Whether or not the creators of ETTVd provide you with support does not change this.

You can run ettv without ETTVd, as described here: http://wolfwiki.anime.net/index.php/ETT ... figuration

The "bad interpreter" error is usually a result of having the file in dos rather than unix format.
Igloo

Post by Igloo »

You don't have to get so easily irritated. Sorry m8.

OK. I got it to work just by running on Debian. But I see I can't play demos, after shorter while watchdog becomes activated -> I think it's because not being connected to master server. I'll try, but...

I had to set netport and IP, dunno why not working, take a look at this:

- after running ./ettv.x86 text from console: CLICK (look at the IP address)

Both (master and broadcast) servers has the same et, etded .x86 files, but there's an error:

Protocol Mismatch Between Client and Server.The server you are attempting to join is running an incompatible version of the game.
2.60 and 2.60b is just about changing the above files, yes?

Thanks.

Greetings,
Igloo
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

Is the server you are trying to connect to running ettv, or etded ?

You can only connect slaves to gameservers running ettv. If the server is running etded, it won't know how to talk to ettv.

watchdog triggers if you don't run a map, connect as a slave, or play a demo. You can set com_watchdog to something longer than the default if you want more time to mess around in console. Or you can add +map or +demo or whatever in the command line or put the commands in your server cfg file.

I suggest reading:
http://wolfwiki.anime.net/index.php/ETT ... figuration
skooli

Post by skooli »

alos, you set your ettvd control port (for the tcp interface) to the same port as the 1st replayer, you need different ports for that (use the default tcp port but 27979 for replayer 1)
ALSO you dont have to edit anything in the ettvd.class.php
Igloo

Post by Igloo »

Running ettv ReyalP as I start with ./ettv.x86. I know watchdog is an emergency routine, it's ok with this.

Yes, I read again WIKI and I do the following:

tv connect master.ip.address:port ettv_password(set in the master) g_password(the master password)
Then the info about incorrect version appears :x Mmm, I would guess it's something wrong, but I runned to make the game an et-linux-2.60.x86.run file.. and later replaced et, etded from 2.60b. But I can see that in master server (which I'm buying from a srv company includes home folder, which I don't have on broadcast - etpro is logging inside its directory).

Master server has: ettv_sv_maxslaves 1; ettv_password "smthg"; b_ettv_flags 3
while broadcast: sv_maxclients 10; ettv_clientname "^4TV^7"; ettv_delay 0

I know everything I should know. And to your consciousness I am trying with ettvd version of files, runned manually from the ettv.x86

Greetings,
Igloo
skooli

Post by skooli »

and later replaced et, etded from 2.60b.
etded has nothing to do with ettv. you can even install v2.55 of etded it doesnt matter cause you have to start ettv.x86 and NOT etded.x86
Igloo

Post by Igloo »

Ahh, I forgot to run master server by ettv.x86, not by etded.x86! I must say my provider to chmod this and change as starting file. Damn, everything else if fine :wink:

Thanks a lot.

Greetings,
Igloo