Bizarre idea?

Forum for discussing ET TV

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Igloo

Bizarre idea?

Post by Igloo »

Hello,

I wanted to ask about simply, but IMO very useful addition. Is it possible to let ETTV server to control Master server (best - by semiadmin levels)? Currently not, so I'm woundering if developers would make something like this.

It's differ than ettv destiny, but it could be used for something else. Just as letting server admins to spectate players via script their server, mostly because of cheaters (all the time feeling afraid of getting caught!).

I'm so tired, that I don't know if you understand it, but hope so.

I had another idea, by controlling the situation via etadmin CC, but no way - causing lag issues! :roll:

(Question to developers ONLY)

Greetings,
Igloo
zinx

Post by zinx »

It is possible, but not something we are likely to implement. If we ever get around to releasing the source for the tvgame, it will be possible to modify the tvgame for this feature.

It's also possible using scripts to watch the output and forward some !-commands said by "admins" that are spectating or something, and that method wouldn't require tvgame source.
Zinx Verituse http://zinx.xmms.org/
vendetta50

Post by vendetta50 »

That is a amaaaaazing idea! I would love if it went into effect :D
Igloo

Post by Igloo »

Yeah. Giving the source would be nice, but I don't know C programming as far ^^ Zinx, I'll be glad if you tell me how to affect server with !-commands from ETTV (or I didn't understand you). Oh, all is about in-game team so it's why semiadmin levels could be created - all guys don't have to keep access to everything. However, I have such a situation :D

What will Rain/bani say :wink:

Greetings,
Igloo
vendetta50

Post by vendetta50 »

Or Maybe Start Topic who would like the source they pm them download info to them to keep it more "private" and you can do your modifications from there?

Just idea! 8)
Igloo

Post by Igloo »

Yeah, with the source and support. A friend of mine knows C, don't know how well, but a help would might be requested :wink: Also it depends if new ETTV is being developed - then no one will publish that before future release.

Greetings,
Igloo
arni

Post by arni »

you can set an rconip and password for a different machine than you're watching

like that you can watch ettv and send rcon commands to the master
vendetta50

Post by vendetta50 »

This would make noob hackers go back in their caves :D
Igloo

Post by Igloo »

Arni could you tell me how to do that? Thx. But it doesn't solve the problem with people non-rcon allowed :wink: Or maybe it's possible to affect etadmin as I asked / or use semi-admins from etpro? Hmm, I don't know.

Greetings,
Igloo
arni

Post by arni »

afaik:

/rconAddress

and

/rconPassword

first to set the host to be rcon'ed, second to set the password

after that all /rcon <command> should be sent to that server