3.2.7 anyone? :D

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

vendetta50

3.2.7 anyone? :D

Post by vendetta50 »

Well its been since Sep 18, 2006 since the last New Release for etpro and i think its time for 3.2.7 to come out :D

Add some of the new mapscripts as default in with it :D
ramchargerse

damn yeah

Post by ramchargerse »

That is as long as it will work on 2.60c or 2.60d for an intel mac
jump3r

Post by jump3r »

still hope it will be released before quakewars... :roll:
vendetta50

Post by vendetta50 »

jump3r wrote:still hope it will be released before quakewars... :roll:

The only thing Enemy Territory and Enemy Territory: Quake Wars have in common is that they have the same name.. The gameplay on that is more of bf2/bf2142. Its not on quake engine.

So i'll still be playin et all the way up to the release of rtcw2 :D
Dersaidin

Post by Dersaidin »

It is on a quake engine, and I'm guessing you haven't played it much...
vendetta50

Post by vendetta50 »

Dersaidin wrote:It is on a quake engine, and I'm guessing you haven't played it much...

IT is? How so? :shock:

I've got about 40 hours worth of the beta in.

Its more like bf2142 then enemy territory. Because i've played that too.
Luk4ward

Post by Luk4ward »

vendetta50 wrote:
Dersaidin wrote:It is on a quake engine, and I'm guessing you haven't played it much...

quake 4, its like a modern et from what i saw, but imo they should continue the et, not creating shitty future, thats my opinion.

I do not want to make an offtopic like some other ppl are doing here, so im looking forward for new etpro too, but with some of the adds for public servers not for leagues etc.
wolFTeam.pl
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

ET:QW is based on D3, not quake 4. Different branches.

In my experience, it's not much like battlefield.
send lawyers, guns and money
vendetta50

Post by vendetta50 »

Luk4ward wrote:
vendetta50 wrote:

quake 4, its like a modern et from what i saw, but imo they should continue the et, not creating shitty future, thats my opinion.

I do not want to make an offtopic like some other ppl are doing here, so im looking forward for new etpro too, but with some of the adds for public servers not for leagues etc.

They are they are making RTCW 2!!!!! Too bad have to wait till 2008 :cry:
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

vendetta50 wrote: They are they are making RTCW 2!!!!! Too bad have to wait till 2008 :cry:
Raven and Nerve are making a new Wolfenstein game. That doesn't mean it's going to be anything like RTCW. Some more information might come out at qcon.
send lawyers, guns and money
vendetta50

Post by vendetta50 »

Hollenshead confirms development of Return to Castle Wolfenstein 2 on PC...

At long last it seems that the sequel to Return to Castle Wolfenstein has been confirmed. In an interview conducted by G4 Tech TV, Todd Hollenshead - CEO at id Software, revealed that the title is currently being developed by a third party developer, as is Quake IV.

Not many details were given (the prime reason being that the game's release date is a long way off), but we expect more information to follow in the coming months.

Away from that somewhat brief news, he again confirmed that after Doom 3, id will be working on a new and original title.

We can't wait...

:o
Nail

Post by Nail »

no need to wait:
it's an Unreal-esque battle racing title that looks to team arcade, track-based racing with not only vehicle combat, but also on-foot gameplay.

Carmack described the design as "50% run-n-gun, with a significant aspect of driving and action." Also, the game is said to have a full adventure component, as players can earn money from races and put it towards building up their vehicles.
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome
squadjot

Post by squadjot »

To bring back the subject..

Imo ET is a gift from god. (as it is free, and basically based on RTCW)...

Now where the most serious bugs has been fixed..and even "3rd"-part injections as lua/mapfixes has been added.. maybe now theres time for some larger implementations...

From the top of my head, i would still love to see:

- user customized HUDs
- optional compass-like indicators of teammates @ edges of screen. (maybe not even possible)
- Helmet icon (do i still have meh helmet?)
- Option to execute vstr @ tapout (being able to reset weapon scripts before next spawn)
Major Zeman

Post by Major Zeman »

Im not sure how far etpro is in this area but I like the freedom in clientside scripting etpub gives you:
autoexec_medic.cfg, autoexec_soldier.cfg etc. (not sure about names) - if the file exists, it's automatically executed when you spawn with the respective class. Similar system for joining a team, and even they have autoexec files per map (autoexec_bspname.cfg I think). That gives players a lot of freedom really.

One another thing that annoys me about etpro (yeah Im more of a pub player) is kill messages - I'd really like to see them in chat area than popup area, and I think it might not be so hard to implement a cvar that toggles this.

That's my suggestions for 3.2.7, and yeah I know noone will read them anyways probably :)
lua > me
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

etpub coppied etpro's autoexec_class design......
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?