Request: handedness

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

o40

Request: handedness

Post by o40 »

As it is now, the bullets from the gun comes slightly from the right (since the ET guy is right handed). This is a problem when standing close to corners. The crosshair is clear from the wall but the bullets still gets stopped by the wall.

A option to have "center handedness" would be awesome to have. With that this problem would disappear. (This is annoying when throwing nades that bounces back at you).
zinx

Re: Request: handedness

Post by zinx »

o40 wrote:As it is now, the bullets from the gun comes slightly from the right (since the ET guy is right handed). This is a problem when standing close to corners. The crosshair is clear from the wall but the bullets still gets stopped by the wall.

A option to have "center handedness" would be awesome to have. With that this problem would disappear. (This is annoying when throwing nades that bounces back at you).
Actually bullets come from the eye position in ET, they are just drawn from the gun position. Drawing it there doesn't affect whether it hits or not.
Zinx Verituse http://zinx.xmms.org/
Dersaidin

Post by Dersaidin »

And I dont think you could change where its drawn, because iirc the gun model used has all the tris on the other side of the model culled.
o40

Post by o40 »

hmm, I dont know about all weapons, but the grenades does not emerge from the middle of the body. If I stand too close to the right edge of a window the nade will bounce the wall instead of going through the window, even though the crosshair is clear from the edge.
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

o40 wrote:hmm, I dont know about all weapons, but the grenades does not emerge from the middle of the body. If I stand too close to the right edge of a window the nade will bounce the wall instead of going through the window, even though the crosshair is clear from the edge.
zinx said bullets. There are a couple things that are offset.
send lawyers, guns and money