New exploit ?

Discussion for Admins of ETPro/BayonET servers.
If you don't run a server, please don't post here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

nissarin

New exploit ?

Post by nissarin »

Since last few days my ETPro server crashed several times, yesterday I've discovered that it was caused by one of the players, which apparently used some exploit to crash the server.
He was previously banned for using cheats and looks like he was not happy about that. I've no clue how exactly he did it - logs are clean, does anyone seen something similar lately ?
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

Have you installed the fixes in this sticky http://bani.anime.net/banimod/forums/vi ... php?t=6777 ?
send lawyers, guns and money
nissarin

Post by nissarin »

Yes, I'm using combinedfixes, along with a few other various lua scripts, however I removed some since then.

Anyway I banned this guy (he has static IP) so I don't care anymore :P
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

nissarin wrote:Yes, I'm using combinedfixes, along with a few other various lua scripts, however I removed some since then.
Just to confirm, this person was able to crash your server while running the most recent version of combinedfixes.lua (including the guidcheck stuff) ?

If so, we would definitely like more information about this, particularly logs from the time it happened and crash dumps. If those aren't available any more, please keep that in mind for the future.
nissarin

Post by nissarin »

I suppose it's latest version (it includes guidcheck) and no.. I don't have logs anymore (mostly because there was nothing suspicious in them) nor the crash dumps (server is running on screen with no output redirection).

[OT]
I know that there are no plans to release new version unless there is new ET patch, however what about some small server side patch which would update lua interpreter (I would like to play around with it but I really want loadlib working :P).
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

nissarin wrote: I know that there are no plans to release new version unless there is new ET patch
That's news to me.
panni

Post by panni »

I'm experiencing the same.
I just turned on synced logging and will get back here with some logs later on.

cheers
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

i had same experiences (I wasn't on server, if it happens again i'll get my ref's to tell me when so i can pull logs)
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?