ETPro log question

Discussion for Admins of ETPro/BayonET servers.
If you don't run a server, please don't post here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

roissgil

ETPro log question

Post by roissgil »

I'm trying to look at the logs and differentiate between a player being given a medpack by another medic and a medic feeding themselves a medpack. What I'm seeing in the logs, the 2 events are logged identically:
Item: 8 item_health

If a medic is given 3 healthpacks, I'll see 3 of those "Item" messages.. and sometimes 1 message that says Health_Pack: 10 8

But there doesn't appear to be a 1 to 1 relationship between the "Item" message and the "Health_pack" message if a medic eats more than 1 pack from another medic.

Ideally I would think that a medic eating one of their own packs would have just the "Item" message for each pack. While a medic eating a pack given to them by another medic would have both an "Item" and a "Health_pack" message for EACH medpack eaten.

Am I missing something that would help me tell the difference?

Thanks
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

i think u cant find the dirrence especaly since they can also be put on the grond and thne u can walk over it but once its on the ground it an entity that doesnt refernce to who originaly made it i think :roll:

maybe u can get the difference when u use etpro lua scripting
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

=FF=im2good4u wrote:i think u cant find the dirrence especaly since they can also be put on the grond and thne u can walk over it but once its on the ground it an entity that doesnt refernce to who originaly made it i think :roll:
The game knows, because it knows who to give the XP to. However, I think you are correct that you cannot tell from the log.
It would be tricky if possible.
send lawyers, guns and money
roissgil

Post by roissgil »

Ugh.. I wouldn't even know where to begin. I can figure out the syntax/constructs of most any programming language... my roadblock is knowing where to look for the data.. and how to use it once I got it. lol

Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Nail

Post by Nail »

Jaymod has a feature to stop self healing, not sure if it's any help
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

ReyalP wrote:
It would be tricky if possible.
Heh im bored anyway ill try what i cna do today :P
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

roissgil wrote:Ugh.. I wouldn't even know where to begin. I can figure out the syntax/constructs of most any programming language... my roadblock is knowing where to look for the data.. and how to use it once I got it. lol

Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
http://wolfwiki.anime.net/index.php/Lua_Mod_API

To know what the various fields and API calls do, you'll have to examine the ET SDK source.

That said, I have serious doubts you'll be able to do it effectively, as you can't currently set lua callbacks on the various entity functions.
send lawyers, guns and money
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

ReyalP wrote:That said, I have serious doubts you'll be able to do it effectively, as you can't currently set lua callbacks on the various entity functions.
Verry tru iv tryed it and i didnt get any far. i do have a more complicated idea that might work but that would invovle code in RunFrame and that might screw up fps :?
roissgil

Post by roissgil »

Thanks for the effort. I do appreciate it. But it looks like it can't be done.. and that's fine.

Thanks