Gammajumping aid (almost working)

Discussions about ET modding (sdk code, player/weapon modeling)

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

-)A(- Dzikie Weze

Gammajumping aid (almost working)

Post by -)A(- Dzikie Weze »

Hello there.
I started trickjumping lately and, as I am a theory whore :wink: , I made myself an aid to help me with proper gamma jumping.
It is a clientside code that draws on your screen your acceleration vector, your velocity vector, and optimal acceleration angles.
It looks like this:
I used this as my theory background.
Source is available here:
http://epsilon.eu.org/cd/et/cg_accelmeter.c
You just have to add this file to your project and add a call to Dzikie_CG_Drawspeed() somewhere in your HUD drawing routine probably.

Feel free to use this code and modify it as you will. Just give me credit in apropriate section.

There are two issues tho about this code.
First thing is, I was too lazy to learn about textures, shaders and stuff, so the lines are drawn pixel by pixel. If you can convert the drawing routines so they would use some linear texture rotated apropriately, that could be probably more effective.
And second thing is - guys at EFT tested it on their server and it seemed that the angles weren't calculated properly when the mod was put on the server. The small lines were always at right angle to the velocity vector (the angle should depend on speed). But if I disconnected and launched the game locally, it was as it should be. When I then reconnected the server, it was working well. Strange thing, I must say, and I have no idea why it happened. If anyone knows about possible cause of this 'glitch', please tell me :-)

PS: I think the code is short enough and quite obvious. Just some angle calculations and line drawing. If you need comments tho, don't hesitate to ask.
Nail

Post by Nail »

how is this different from etpro tjl ?
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome
-)A(- Dzikie Weze

I'm n ot sure, but from what I found on the web (don't recall ever playing on cheats-enabled server), tjl draws lines from your _position_.
This one draws acceleration and velocity vectors. It's not meant for you to teach others where or how to jump. It's meant for you to improve your strafing angles.
Nail

Post by Nail »

sorry, after re-reading my post, it may have sounded wrong. Didn't mean to imply they were the same

but thanks for the reply, I'll check it out

btw, if you haven't seen it yet:
http://bani.anime.net/banimod/forums/vi ... hlight=tjl

a combination of things mentioned in that thread in conjunction with your mod idea would be very handy for tj community
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome
-)A(- Dzikie Weze

Nail wrote:sorry, after re-reading my post, it may have sounded wrong. Didn't mean to imply they were the same
Didn't read it that way :-)
Thought you were simply wondering where's the difference.
Yep. That was my main source of information after your post.