per request: Should abortion be ILLEGAL?

Any discussions that are non-rtcw/et related go here.

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Should abortion be ILLEGAL

Yes
26%
No
74%

Total votes: 31

gotenks

Post by gotenks »

sorry couldn't stay away
innocent LIVES would be lost in dumpsters instead of non-living fetuses being aborted
the government would actually start paying money to fund investigation and arrest of people still did this instead of not funding things taht did not...
the government currently pays no money for abortion, and neither do most insurance companies... hence it comes out of pocket
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
Ph0g

Post by Ph0g »

Innocent lives would indeed be saved, then other mothers would seek an illegal abortion, then in the process there is a chance BOTH her and the unborn would die, and a good chance at that. So innocent unborn (potential for life) would be saved at the cost of lives of many mothers and their unborn.

Forced to think about their actions? Not likely, abortions will still be available to find, maybe harder, but not much....and the abortions they do find have a good chance of getting them killed!

Government money would be given to the police to crack down on illegal abortion services, so in affect tax payers would be paying more.

You don't see a downside because your being stubborn and you can't really comprehend the result of making abortion illegal, all you see is, "well, it would save lives", but what you don't see is the great and horrible cost it would come at.
I am Ph0g, you are not.
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

phog let's keep the name calling down to a min... preferably none... we've kept this very civilized so far, let's not ruin it
My Website
CarSuperfreak

Post by CarSuperfreak »

Ph0g wrote:Forced to think about their actions? Not likely, abortions will still be available to find, maybe harder, but not much....and the abortions they do find have a good chance of getting them killed!
Making abortion illegal would put it in the same district as rape and murder. does making it illegal illiminate it? heck no it doesnt. does it drastically reduce the number instances? one cannot say for sure, because theres nothing to compare it against, but one would assume that there would be a LOT more murders and rapes if they were legal.

And people would think about their actions. Im sure, though it still happens, that rapists and murderers must have to go through a lot of thought before they decide to go through with what they do. Just because there are ways of trying to hide it or do it illegally, they still must go through a lot of thought. And thinking about your actions os a good thing
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

i disagree... making it illigal would put it in the same category as making alcahol illegal... we tried and failed misserably. I think if anyone should make it illigal it should be local governments, not a nation wide thing
My Website
Ph0g

Post by Ph0g »

gotenks is right, you can't compare abortion to murder or rape, they are nothing alike. Murder is deliberately taking another life in pure evilness, abortion is removing the potential of life to make things easier on an already existing life, and rape has nothing to do with anything.

We have plenty to compare it to, do you think hospitals invented abortion?

The choice here is legal abortions, or illegal abortions. I can guarentee that the illegal abortions would be much more horrible, so even if there are less, it would still be plenty to outweigh the in-humanity of todays legal abortions.

What pro-lifers don't understand is that the only possible outcome of making abortions illegal, is more deaths, and much crueler deaths at that....I just don't see how you can actualy call them "pro-life".

One more issue I don't thank has been mentioned with this, population control....as is our population growth is already a bit higher than preferable, abortion helps in limiting this a bit.

BTW, gotenks, I never called names, i would like to see a quote of me directly calling someone a name.
I am Ph0g, you are not.
CarSuperfreak

Post by CarSuperfreak »

Ph0g wrote:What pro-lifers don't understand is that the only possible outcome of making abortions illegal, is more deaths, and much crueler deaths at that....I just don't see how you can actualy call them "pro-life".
How can there be more deaths?

thinking right now: "We can have sex, it doesnt matter, of a kid comes, eh we'll abort it"

thinking if abortion was made illegal: "Whoa hang on; what happens if we have a kid?"

People will at least think about that. Even if not everyone makes the right decision, it sure as heck is a step in the right direction
Ph0g

Post by Ph0g »

I wish i had some statistics to throw at you, but I don't, but im pretty damn sure that atleast 80% of the abortions are from young (usualy too young) teens, teens that will go to crazy lengths to abort a child. So all these crazy teens will still go looking for a way to abort their unborn.

Now you will say, maybe so, but not nearly as many abortions as we have today, and that is true. However, the illegal abortions that will be available put the mother in high risk aswell, so it isn't just an issue of the unborn anymore. Because of this we have more deaths. And even if we don't have as many deaths compared to all the unborn terminated today, the cruelty and in-humanity of the deaths, plus the fact that now we have fully matured women included in the death toll and not only unborn would make up for it, that is why if pro-lifers get their way, it will only bring more cruelty into it.

The common abortion patient isn't a middle aged women with enough sense to think about things like you proposed, it is usualy young teenagers, who will do anything to hide the fact that they were ever pregnant. I can't count how many friends I have had that had to go get abortions on my hands and feet anymore, and all of them were between 13 and 18.
People will at least think about that. Even if not everyone makes the right decision, it sure as heck is a step in the right direction
I don't think that is true, teenagers don't have sex just because they know they can get an abortion if they get pregnant, alot of them don't think at all and don't even see the potential of getting pregnant. Unfortunately for most of America's female teens, the thought part doesn't come until AFTER they are pregnant. I am not a female teen so it could be wrong for me to be saying this, but I have had hours and hours worth of discussion with friends that got pregnant when they didn't want to, so I think I have the right to say what I just said.
I am Ph0g, you are not.
Knifey

Post by Knifey »

What i find the most interesting is not all the points you have made, but that a group of guys can care so much about something that they cannot control.
yag si yennek
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

Ph0g wrote:Im not immature like you, and i don't bother saying things simply in spite of people, i dont make scarcastic posts on serious topics.
it wasn't as bad as you usually get, but be the more mature and let stuff drop without countering it...
knifey, i hope we do have some control... if my girlfriend got pregnant(before i was married... no i'm not cheating) i'd want to have a say in the abortion or not... it is half my potential. But now one comment on a previous antichoice persons comment about how abortion is done... there are 2 current methods used here in iowa... they are 1 use medicine to force your body to abort the baby... or 2 scrape the wall of the uterus during first trimester and they cost 200-300 again no insurance coverage and no medicaid won't pay for it...
I don't know where uses a knife to stick in the back of the baby's head... but that's probably late term pregnancy abortions, of which even i'm against
My Website
Knifey

Post by Knifey »

if you're girlfriend does get pregnant it should be intierly her choice. Why should you be able to force her to do something she doesnt want to do? If she either got pregnant by you, and you have yet to dicuss parenthood, or she was cheating, i think she should make up her mind on what she wants to do. you're not the one who makes the babies, so why should you be able to kill the babies.
yag si yennek
Ph0g

Post by Ph0g »

Gotenks i was being hostile, but not calling names, :D.

Knifey, it just so happens women are the ones who give birth, but does that mean that the child belongs any less to the men?

Yes the woman is the one who actualy goes through with the child birth so it is pretty much up to her, but I would hope that the men have a big say in it too, after all it is their child aswell.

And if you are ph0g, and can genius talk people into believeing pretty much anything you want them to :twisted: .
I am Ph0g, you are not.
Knifey

Post by Knifey »

Yes, ph0g. a cell of man and a cell of a woman is needed for childbirth, so technically, the child is have the man's and have the woman's. But, after sperm, men do not have to do anything else to get a child. A woman has to carry it in her stomach for 9 months. So, the topic is abortion and that deals only with the childbirth, which is the womans part, ie. the womans decision. Once the kid is born, it is both the man's and the woman's.
yag si yennek
Ph0g

Post by Ph0g »

Bullshit, the child belongs to both the man and the woman before its born, he should have a say in whether it lives or not!
I am Ph0g, you are not.
ericclemmons

Post by ericclemmons »

It makes me sick that some of ya'll could follow through with an abortion without a second's thought.

I can't believe some of ya'll are so far from moral understanding.
==================
Mr. Luva Luva luvs ya :)