fps lag?

Discussion for ET Players

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

tweekzor

fps lag?

Post by tweekzor »

When i start ET i find no problems at all... cfg working all other settings etc

but when i attempt to join a server i connect with fps below 40 (and laggin)
the problem is that it is not my pc who cant handle it, cause it runs cod4 on 50-60fps too

another thing is that i dont always have that problem... i cant find any obvious reasons for the bad fps... when it dusnt happen i get 90-125 fps all the time on highest detail so i dont know what the problem could be. but it is really annoying me if i enter scrims and i cant get it fixed :S

does any1 have any idea what this can be? not in cfg happens without laoding cfg too
Deus

Re: fps lag?

Post by Deus »

tweekzor wrote:but when i attempt to join a server i connect with fps below 40 (and laggin)
the problem is that it is not my pc who cant handle it, cause it runs cod4 on 50-60fps too
ET is CPU-based, COD is GPU-based.
So make sure there is nothing else thieving CPU-Power while Playing ET.
I had problems with some AV-Prog to slow down my ET because of checking every file everytime loaded. Needed to except those files from being cheked.
tweekzor

Post by tweekzor »

which files i need to except then?
Deus

Post by Deus »

tweekzor wrote:which files i need to except then?
I excluded the whole ET-Directory.
But it is mainly ET.exe, the huge pk3s and the dlls
ReyalP

Re: fps lag?

Post by ReyalP »

tweekzor wrote:When i start ET i find no problems at all... cfg working all other settings etc

but when i attempt to join a server i connect with fps below 40 (and laggin)

another thing is that i dont always have that problem... i cant find any obvious reasons for the bad fps... when it dusnt happen i get 90-125 fps all the time on highest detail so i dont know what the problem could be. but it is really annoying me if i enter scrims and i cant get it fixed :S

does any1 have any idea what this can be? not in cfg happens without laoding cfg too
If you have a multicore CPU, you may have to adjust the threaded optimization option for nvidia cards as well.
send lawyers, guns and money
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

if you have multicore it may be best to limit et to 1 core
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
Father

Post by Father »

I've FPS lags - but with different behavior.

Sometimes (NOT always) when I connect to server I've "stable" 76 FPS but FPS are drropping from 76 to 25 - periodically. See my lag-o-meter below.

If I quit WolfET and start againt n-times or set 'Process Priority' as 'Real Time' - it's OK.. :?

Image Image

So.. any ideas.. where is problem..?
If you don't do it, someone else will.
WeblionX

Post by WeblionX »

If setting it to "Real Time" fixed it that means there's another process (Such as antivirus or similar) that is using enough CPU to cause ET to have problems.
Got any old idtech3 tutorials you made or saved? Send them my way.