Help
62%
Hell
38%

Total votes: 39

FLAG_MAN

Antilag sucks!

Post by FLAG_MAN »

I was just playing on the =SWAT= Banimod Goldruch server, and let me tell you straight out; it sucked! My ping was around 250 (ouch). Were I would normally be killing tons of players without antilag, I instead had a hard time killing the 3 that I did in a >10 minute.

I would find myself strafing, and shooting directly at the other player's giant head with my (instagib) mauser, but he would not die! We would continue to strafe and run around for about 2-3 clips until one of us got killed by some camping LPB!

The next round (without instagib) I was running through the short hallway leading to the flag from the room above the cellar. I was behind a spy loaded with gold, shot a clip into his back and was reloading (he was REALLY slow) before his LPB buddy came up behind me and wasted me.

Antilag (or atleast i assume it was because all of the LPBs were kicking ass) totally rewened the 20 minutes I spent playing on that server.

Sry guys, no "you're on crack" option; I want a straight answer.
duke'ku

Post by duke'ku »

I don't know about 1.4's antilag, but the original banimod antilag has helped me more than you could imagine.
Gyro Gearloose

Post by Gyro Gearloose »

It really sucks for those of us with high-speed internet!
Be seeing you!
=SWAT=Kenny

Post by =SWAT=Kenny »

=swat=goldrush doesnt run antilag. it pissed me off to much that modem users would kill me more often and it would lag me. no point in punishing broadband users.
tihs hsidlihc fo eceip a is yefink

If alexjones8194 had a penis it would be called "useless." Reason being is all it would be good for is him stepping on it.
[FuN] scott

Post by [FuN] scott »

note to =swat= i know you have good pb settings but i have found that setting pb_sv_maxcondls 1 and pb_sv_maxdlrate 1 improves overall ping for all players with a cvarfreq of 2.. dunno if you want to try it out to reduce the ping and increase the fun for all.. if you got a reason for having maxcondls 2 (only one i know you have) pls tell me :)

ps do your servers take screenies as i find i lag stupid on your servers for some reason.. its gotta be a pb setting
duke'ku

Post by duke'ku »

That might be because you're in Scotland and SWAT's servers are on the west coast of the U.S...
Gyro Gearloose

Post by Gyro Gearloose »

=SWAT=Kenny wrote:=swat=goldrush doesnt run antilag. it pissed me off to much that modem users would kill me more often and it would lag me. no point in punishing broadband users.
OK, but I can't play on SWAT servers!
Be seeing you!
=SWAT=Kenny

Post by =SWAT=Kenny »

[FuN] scott wrote:note to =swat= i know you have good pb settings but i have found that setting pb_sv_maxcondls 1 and pb_sv_maxdlrate 1 improves overall ping for all players with a cvarfreq of 2.. dunno if you want to try it out to reduce the ping and increase the fun for all.. if you got a reason for having maxcondls 2 (only one i know you have) pls tell me :)

ps do your servers take screenies as i find i lag stupid on your servers for some reason.. its gotta be a pb setting
no pb on =SWAT= servers. i haven't used pb in like 3 months when they pissed me off and started kicking random players for no reason. PB is a pain in the arse. a player should not have to fix his pb because pb doesnt beta test anything. it is sooooo buggy they should sell thier product to microsoft it would fit in with their product line up. we do get the occasional cheater but they suck so bad they rarely make a difference. i may move OLTL to an old version of pb but i gather it wont run with wolf 1.41.

thegoldrush server lag is due to the fact antilag is not ON. Goldrush is a server i built for fun. but gold is old as my clan says. i leave it up for the occassional =swat= member wanting to chill out and leave the skillz at home :thumbup: . i rarely even go there except to check on reports of server rule violations.

also the servers have been laggy becuase there is a faulty blade in the cisco switch. that is being worked on but it is the holidays and that is not the main focus atm. when it is fixed u will see the obj server increase in size again.

and for the record the servers are in Arizona. i am on the west coast and that is why people get it confused.

If alexjones8194 had a penis it would be called "useless." Reason being is all it would be good for is him stepping on it.
[FuN] scott

Post by [FuN] scott »

doh!!! thought you were in uk and yes i like your view about microsoft :).. ill crawl back in my hole now cheers :)
Ph0g

Post by Ph0g »

Flag, kenny said SWAT doesn't run antilag, and you were on a SWAT server, which means you were sucking BECAUSE there was no antilag. So what this post shoulda been was "God I love antilag".

Kenny....antilag doesn't give broadband users any dis-advantage, all it does is level the playing field, broadband users don't like it because now they have twice the chance of dieng, since 56k users can kill them just as easily as a broadband user can. Since 56k users are training under a handicap, they actualy become better players than many broadband users, so when you throw anti-lag at them, they can kick ass. Any 56k player with antilag, given broadband with antilag, will do BETTER, because now their bullets fire quicker. All you gotta do is aim at the person and fire, broadband users still have advantage over 56k on antilag because their bullets fire first, so if you aren't as good a player as your fellow 56ker then go ahead and disable antilag, but you can't say antilag is a disadvantage for broadband players, it just levels the playing field.
I am Ph0g, you are not.
=SWAT=Kenny

Post by =SWAT=Kenny »

i disagree. this is only true with instagib. instagib i feel gives the broadband user a disadvantage. which should not be considering they pay more and should get more. antilag is deactivated on the =swat=goldrush server only. the other servers have it and maybe some 56kers feel like they have a fighting chance.

instagib changes all the rules so i changed the antilag. it simple as i see it. if you have to play instagib and you want to decrease your lag get broadband. pretty elitest yes; however it keeps the kids out cause they rarely pay for the connection. not only that if you have 56k it is only $15 bucks more a month in the bigger markets to get broadband. if everyone voted to keep instagib off on =swat=goldrush i would enable antilag. however i dont see that happening in the forseeable future.

i have tested antilag alot with instagib and 56kers. of course i think i am a decent player (that is why i have big heads enabled fits my thoughts). and i have been online with 56kers and purposely tked lots to test it. my observations were that if i aimed exactly where the 56ker was i would only get them 2 out of 5 times. when antilag was off i hit them 4 out of 5 times. also when antilag was off; close in battles were always won by predicting the next position instead of firing where you saw the 56ker and praying that it registers a hit. which in reality is more realistic. when someone is running you should have to lead them. i have no idea on whether it helps our oversea visitors.

ps. ph0g good job is in order if you have been viewing these forums for the past month and not trashing every post.

Ph0g

Post by Ph0g »

Kenny, I myself have a 56k....as we all know. I would be willing to pay TWICE the price of broadband if it were available to me, but I am out of the boundaries.

I guess now that I think about it, it could be a disadvantage to broadband users on instagib since 56ks characters appear to skip around to a broadband user, but instead of disabling antilag why not just put a ping limit on connections.

Btw, since cow seems to have stopped talkin crap about me, I have no need to post irrelevant bullcrap on the threads.
I am Ph0g, you are not.
=SWAT=Kenny

Post by =SWAT=Kenny »

http://directv.direcway.com/
http://www.starband.com/
http://www.blastsurf.com/satellitepc.htm
http://www.connectedsatellite.com/newhome.htm

that should take care of the broadband excuse.

we have a 400 max ping on the servers. ping doesnt depend on connection as much as it depends on:
number of hops
thru put thru of the hops
how far u are from the server (physical distance in coper or fibre)

Ph0g

Post by Ph0g »

Well we don't want satellite, we are looking for eitehr DSL or cable, preferably DSL. We have been calling broadband providers for the last couple years and we can't get any of them with service in 98372 Puyallup, Washington. I think that AT & T provides DSL about 500 yards away from us.
I am Ph0g, you are not.
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

if you use the satelite connection, your connection is fast, however the ping will be enormous because your signal has to hit the modem and get sent to geosyncrinous(spelling) orbit wich is about five times the radious of earth up, and then come back down adding a couple seconds of ping time to your results
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?